The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-06-2004, 08:23 AM   #1
omnipres36
Mouser
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 8
why tmnt comics aren't in color?

what's up with that I can't tell which turtle is which unless they have a weapon. i know i have the book reprint of the first comics, but they only released like 4 and that was it? what's up with that.
__________________
harhar
omnipres36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2004, 03:29 PM   #2
Aztec General
Mad Scientist
 
Aztec General's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 1,437
Originally it was all Eastman and Laird could afford. Now, it's just become a part of the series. Volume 2 was in color though.
__________________
Aztec General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2004, 01:35 AM   #3
Chris
Mad Scientist
 
Chris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: UK
Posts: 1,898
I think they found that the extra cost of colour wasn't covered by the sales of Volume 2. I remember in one of the Image Vol 3 letter pages someone asked a similar question and the answer was that going to colour doesn't increase the sales enough to cover the extra cost and work time, I think that could have been the case, especially when you consider the sparodic release dates of the later issues (I'm goin by cover date here as I got them all of the internet last year so someone please correct me if I'm wrong).

I think for Volume 4 it wasn't so much an issue of cost (though being colour might have been prohibitive) but more that Peter Laird wanted to get back to basics and do a book in the same way as Volume 1.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2004, 10:07 AM   #4
Leonardo_the_sword_master
Stone Warrior
 
Leonardo_the_sword_master's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: The Technodrome, and the LOTRO forums.
Posts: 761
ummm, i don't knwo why they are, i think it gives it a better look, and also after a awhile you will know whos who.

and THIS IS MY 250th POST YIPEE
__________________
Mikey," and if you put ancohvies on that man your in big trouble."
Leonardo_the_sword_master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2004, 12:04 PM   #5
Anarchistguy
Mad Scientist
 
Anarchistguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Canada (This country is too peaceful, Something's up...)
Posts: 2,137
Re: why tmnt comics aren't in color?

Quote:
Originally Posted by omnipres36
what's up with that I can't tell which turtle is which unless they have a weapon. i know i have the book reprint of the first comics, but they only released like 4 and that was it? what's up with that.
Even if the comics WERE in color, you still wouldn't be able to tell them apart, because the turtles ALL have red bandanas in the Mirage comics.
__________________
M.D.K.
Maim! Destroy! Kill!!!



"When my time comes, I wanna be buried face down, so those who don't like me can kiss my ass!"
Anarchistguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2004, 03:37 PM   #6
raphael_is_cool
Mad Scientist
 
raphael_is_cool's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: England
Posts: 2,151
Haha yeah. You can usually tell them apart because they use names a lot if weapons aren't showing. Or you can guess by what they're doing or how they speak, it's kinda cool that way
raphael_is_cool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2004, 04:19 PM   #7
DrSpengler
Foot Elite
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 4,842
Well, since it's black and white I completely forget that the bandanas are all red, anyway.

Personally, I don't mind the black and white. Seems like a good "trend".

Odd, I never hear much about volume 2. Was it subpar? All the stories I ever hear people talk about are either from volume 1, 3 or 4.
DrSpengler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2004, 11:06 AM   #8
MC
Thug
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 94
Odd, I never hear much about volume 2. Was it subpar? All the stories I ever hear people talk about are either from volume 1, 3 or 4.

There was only 13 issues in volume 2, so there's bot that much to talk about. I've only read three issues, and it seems pretty lame.[/quote]
MC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2004, 05:18 PM   #9
BigApple3AM
Mad Scientist
 
BigApple3AM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Supermarket Aisle
Posts: 1,635
It wasn't all that great, and I don't understand why they thought they needed to relaunch with new numbers. Even if sales were down, starting over with new numbers just pisses most people off. At least wait a while inbetween so people won't care, they'll just be happy it's back.
BigApple3AM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2004, 08:15 PM   #10
DrSpengler
Foot Elite
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 4,842
Oh, it was only 13 issues? That's probably why I never hear much about it.
DrSpengler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2004, 12:12 AM   #11
MikesPizzaShack
Hench Mutant
 
MikesPizzaShack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 466
also black/white is just old school to. for the most part it makes it alot better but there are times where a color issue would be kewl. like maybe as a special or like a "50th" issue or something like that.
__________________
Hey Check out my Site WWW.TheFanriot.com and our podcast The FanRiot on iTunes!!!!
"Welcome to Mikes Pizza Shack! You order the pizza and I eat it."
MikesPizzaShack is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:57 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.