The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-09-2004, 04:00 AM   #1
Misfit
Stone Warrior
 
Misfit's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: UK
Posts: 508
Did anyone buy it?

The "Next Mutation" DVD from the UK that was released last month, that is? Did anyone here buy it in the end? I still haven't got round to it, I keep meaning to buy it but I'm putting it off...not sure if I'm ready to waste money on that show. But I am attracted to the DVD if only because it'll mean finally seeing the "East Meets West" five parter uncut. I noticed though that on Amazon UK, it says the DVD will take "one to two weeks" to ship out. Very odd, seeing as it was only released a month ago. Usually new stuff is shipped from amazon within 24 hours. Oh well. I still think the cover art is hideous.
__________________
My LiveJournal

My Fanfiction

"I'm the pretty one!" - Mikey in "Meet Casey Jones".
Misfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2004, 04:36 AM   #2
Tigershard
Hench Mutant
 
Tigershard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Michigan
Posts: 469
Just to let you know, the release date was pushed back to August 3, so it actually came out last week. I did have it on order, until my car accident which required me to buy a new car, so I cancelled. Try www.dvdsource.co.uk
Tigershard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2004, 06:07 AM   #3
Misfit
Stone Warrior
 
Misfit's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: UK
Posts: 508
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigershard
Just to let you know, the release date was pushed back to August 3, so it actually came out last week. I did have it on order, until my car accident which required me to buy a new car, so I cancelled. Try www.dvdsource.co.uk
I'm sorry about your accident, I hope your okay.

I wonder why they changed the release date? Oh well, its out now, so I might quit stalling and buy it next week when I get payed. It would be interesting to see those episodes, in that morbid curiosity kind of way.
__________________
My LiveJournal

My Fanfiction

"I'm the pretty one!" - Mikey in "Meet Casey Jones".
Misfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2004, 10:56 AM   #4
Deathknight
Mad Scientist
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: One of the 972 rooms of the technodrome
Posts: 1,995
They changed the release date because they can.
__________________
Shredder: "Ninja hall of fame? Ha! Where's MY statue?!"
-My Brother, the Bad Guy
Deathknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2004, 11:39 AM   #5
SeaThreePeeO
Mad Scientist
 
SeaThreePeeO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: The Void
Posts: 1,345
mmmMMMmmm I might buy it for my six year old daughter. Personally I am not a big fan of the next mutation, but it's more child friendly then other TMNT universes for her.

Tigershard sorry to learn of your accident, I do hope everything is okay
__________________
Zombies, once you get past the stench of rotting flesh and their unhealthy obsession with brains, they're really nice people.
SeaThreePeeO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2004, 01:32 PM   #6
Kazari
Foot Elite
 
Kazari's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Nexus: Chasing after the Ultimate Ninja
Posts: 2,731
well since it is in UK the format will be off for me. I have East Meets west on VHS however I am not a big fan of NM so I may not buy it.
__________________
*is an official Drako hater*
Kazari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2004, 04:05 PM   #7
Mandi-chan
Stone Warrior
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 932
I'd love to get this on dvd but I live in the states and so it will not work in my dvd player. Would it work on my computer?
Mandi-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2004, 05:19 PM   #8
FALLEN ELDOR
Hench Mutant
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 298
I'll get it eventually. I can always play it on my computer at least...I never really hated the show as much as others did, some concepts I actually liked, especially the Gorilla guy (reminded me of Grodd from Flash comics) and Bonesteal. I have to admit I never saw many episodes because I was "to cool for kid shows" at the time. luckily I'm not a teenager any more

One of the things I really liked about Next Mutation was that Mikey had a pirated Radio station. Thing I hated the most...how laughable the Shredder was
__________________
The first movie was a perfect balance between the adult comics and the children's cartoon!
FALLEN ELDOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2004, 05:23 PM   #9
GK Punk
I'm your Devil
 
GK Punk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 12,439
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandi-chan
I'd love to get this on dvd but I live in the states and so it will not work in my dvd player. Would it work on my computer?
Maybe, it depends on your DVD ROM Drive. But chances are you can only switch regions 3 or so times, like most DVD ROM drives.
GK Punk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2004, 05:49 PM   #10
Tigershard
Hench Mutant
 
Tigershard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Michigan
Posts: 469
There is a nifty program called DVD region Killer that automatically changes the region for you when you insert a dvd, and goes around the Windows limit. You might encounter a problem though if your DVD-rom has region encoded firmware.

http://www.digital-digest.com/dvd/downloads/dvdrk.html

As for the accident, I am fine, just a bit of whiplash. And now I have a 2004 Pontiac Grand Am GT
Tigershard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2004, 06:49 AM   #11
Jasta3xB
Random Punk
 
Jasta3xB's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: in the gutters somewheres...
Posts: 42
next mutation isnt worthy to be apart of TMNT history...
Jasta3xB is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:27 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.