The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Fan Creations > Fan Works Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-24-2002, 10:53 PM   #1
Anonymous
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Fan Art Awards

Well as of now I'm making the nomination form, so this week start
surfing the net for tmnt pics you wanna nominate. (and remember to
record the urls!) Remember, you can't nominate art that won last year
so here's the list of last years winners if you're not sure.

http://amandatello.thetechnodrome.co...nners2002.html

I'll be posting the rules for this year and soon and I run them by
some people

Amanda
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2002, 12:13 AM   #2
GreenWillow
Hench Mutant
 
GreenWillow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: The Mountains
Posts: 425
~Oh coolness! First, Amanda, I'm sorry about the delay in finishing up the Fanfic Awards, but I think most TMNT fans are capable of a *bit* of multi- tasking, so even if the Fic Run-offs run into the Art nominations, i don't think anyone's gonna crumble under the pressure.....
And it has just occured to me that at the time of last year's Art Awards, my website was down...heh..... I might even get to play this year!

~GW
__________________
Hugs, kisses, GreenFaerieDust(tm) and a small vial of Belladonna. Life is good.
GreenWillow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2002, 10:01 PM   #3
Anonymous
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Ho-kay!

I've finished and tested the final nomination form and it works (yay!) I wanted the nominations to open on Halloween but if this collides with the fic awards (boy we gotta get a 6 month break from the two) I can take it back a week.

Um, after a little bird mentioned to me, I've added a new category this year for "Best repainting of a TMNT figure" which basically means for all those people who've customised tmnt figs and weapons to come forward and be recognised. (some of them are hella cool!) So if you're one of these people, get your pictures up online STAT and tell me.

Brina has helpully compiled a list of links (which have gotten *most* of them since a few people don't advertise much) in case you don't know where to start. These aren't suggesting who to vote for, it's just helping you find stuff easier.

http://brinatello.splunkyard.com/fan-art-pages.htm

The rules should be up on the Fan Art Awards site soon, I'm just going over them. Here's the site:

http://amandatello.thetechnodrome.co...rds/index.html

To the fic awards organisers: tell me if there's any problems with the Halloween date and contact me ASAP, otherwise I'll continue as planned.

I'll post again when the nominations are open.

Good Luck!

Amanda
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2002, 02:58 AM   #4
Skeletoncrew
Foot Elite
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Bearing in on your spicy brains
Posts: 3,275
Yay! Thanks to the best re-paint category I'll get to have some entries!!! *Does happy dance*
__________________

Adult TMNT fan art and fiction contest Now accepting entries!
Skeletoncrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2002, 09:12 AM   #5
Machias Banshee
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 17,163
Question!!!


Can RPG art be involved, as long as its of the main characters (turtles, Splinter)?
Machias Banshee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2002, 10:16 AM   #6
Kali
Inactive Moderator
 
Kali's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: California!
Posts: 11,101
*blinks* Well, if it meets the criteria of the category, I don't see why not.

Ooh, can "Best repainting of a TMNT figure" include figures who were not originally TMNt figures?
Kali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2002, 10:58 AM   #7
HorseTechie
Inactive Moderator
 
HorseTechie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Midwest
Posts: 5,677
*lol* Or as Lisa had prodded me... pumpkins made to look like TMNT faces?
HorseTechie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2002, 12:56 PM   #8
Skeletoncrew
Foot Elite
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Bearing in on your spicy brains
Posts: 3,275
Grr...I still need to do my pumpkin! I'm torn between a TMNT pumpkin, or a Roger pumpkin!
__________________

Adult TMNT fan art and fiction contest Now accepting entries!
Skeletoncrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2002, 05:50 PM   #9
Anonymous
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kali
*blinks* Well, if it meets the criteria of the category, I don't see why not.
Kali is right, although there isn't a specific rpg art category (which will be introduced next year) if the pic fits into another category (like original character) you can nominate it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kali
Ooh, can "Best repainting of a TMNT figure" include figures who were not originally TMNt figures?
Yes, I will allow that.

With the pumpkin thing, I think that can be put into the painting category. I was kinda hoping that Halloween will be the date for the Art awards from now on (makes it easier for ppl to remember ) And maybe next year I can have a specialised category for Halloween which will include all sorts of mediums as long as it's Halloween themed Just make sure if you're doing the pumpkin today, get those photos up online and pronto so they can be nominated!

Any other questions you can email me at [email protected] and I'll be checking my mail in about an hour

Amanda
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2002, 10:45 PM   #10
Anonymous
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
TMNT Art Awards - Nominations Open!

Alright, I've just uploaded everything on the site now and tested it. The nomination form is now up and ready to be filled out. There's a schedule for the awards if you're curious, and I suggest you read the rules if you're new to these Awards.

Here's the main Awards page:

http://amandatello.thetechnodrome.co...rds/index.html

Good luck to everyone!

Amanda
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2002, 01:35 PM   #11
Skeletoncrew
Foot Elite
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Bearing in on your spicy brains
Posts: 3,275
*BUMP!*
__________________

Adult TMNT fan art and fiction contest Now accepting entries!
Skeletoncrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2002, 02:01 PM   #12
HorseTechie
Inactive Moderator
 
HorseTechie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Midwest
Posts: 5,677
Oh yeah yeah... I have to wait till this weeknd until I can sit down for a couple hours straight and seek out some nominees....
HorseTechie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2002, 08:18 PM   #13
HorseTechie
Inactive Moderator
 
HorseTechie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Midwest
Posts: 5,677
*bump*

I'm done... who else?
HorseTechie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2002, 10:03 PM   #14
Jephael
That whack job behind you
 
Jephael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Carlisle, Pennsylvania
Posts: 8,143
I sent mine in today, and I will definatly be voting since I never got around to vote in the Fanfic Awards (atleast looking at Fan Art isn't as time consuming )
__________________
"I like it. Simple, but effective!"
Raphael; The Mean Machines - 1988

Jephael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2002, 07:10 AM   #15
kyabetsu
Foot Elite
 
kyabetsu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: under my hat
Posts: 4,393
~*BUMP*~


GO NOMINATE SOMEONE.

http://amandatello.thetechnodrome.co...rds/index.html
kyabetsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2002, 09:25 AM   #16
Kali
Inactive Moderator
 
Kali's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: California!
Posts: 11,101
*waves* I just sent in mine! And I hope Amanda gets my followup email because I managed to accidentally send in the form before finishing my last nomination.
Kali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2002, 10:33 AM   #17
HorseTechie
Inactive Moderator
 
HorseTechie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Midwest
Posts: 5,677
Ohh yes... this is the last day too! Err... assuming that she is going by the US calendar.
HorseTechie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2002, 12:13 PM   #18
kyabetsu
Foot Elite
 
kyabetsu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: under my hat
Posts: 4,393
~*BUMP BUMP*~

GO NOMINATE, IT"S GETTING LATE!!
kyabetsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2002, 02:15 PM   #19
Skeletoncrew
Foot Elite
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Bearing in on your spicy brains
Posts: 3,275
Okay okay! I'm nominating already...
__________________

Adult TMNT fan art and fiction contest Now accepting entries!
Skeletoncrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2002, 08:26 PM   #20
Anonymous
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
VOTING OPEN!

Well I've finally finished it, the voting form for the 3rd TMNT Fan Art Awards is open...

The voting will go for the next seven days and if there are some ties, a dead heat round which will also take up a week.

http://amandatello.thetechnodrome.co...rds/index.html

Amanda
  Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:37 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.