The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-08-2002, 06:09 AM   #1
Sparvid
Stone Warrior
 
Sparvid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Östersund, Sweden
Posts: 860
Secret of the Ooze

Yay, I found it on Direct Connect! Haven't seen the whole movie since... 93 perhaps?
Wow, I'd forgotten how little they use their weapons... Was any of them (except Dons) shown more than twice?
And it was way fo funny. Or should I say funny in the "wrong" way. Basically the only "funny" thing I thought was actually funny was the arm coming up when Keno noticed the nunchucks
Sparvid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2002, 06:33 AM   #2
Karpo_007
Inactive Moderator
 
Karpo_007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Finland
Posts: 8,798
Yeah, because parents complained after the first movie, the second was made for kids. TMNT didnt use their weapons, and ninjarap? No wonder the movie ws a flop.
Karpo_007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2002, 03:11 PM   #3
Reznorite420
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 3,851
Speaking of Ninja Rap, that's the only track you can find off Kazaa from the TMNT 2 soundtrack.

Nobody seems to have my favorite track: (That's Your) Conciousness by Dan Hartman
Reznorite420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2002, 06:32 AM   #4
Sparvid
Stone Warrior
 
Sparvid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Östersund, Sweden
Posts: 860
To get that experience out of my head, I watched the first one late last night... Three things:
1: A TMNT movie without Casey should not be done (And is it just me who kind of would like to hear Elias Koteas as the voice of Casey in the new cartoon )
2: The new voices (on those who changed) are worse than the old ones.
3: Judith Hoag is cuter than Paige Turco...
Sparvid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2002, 07:50 AM   #5
Metal Head
Foot Soldier
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: New Waverly,Texas,U.S.A.
Posts: 102
Last night my wife and I went grocery shopping at WalMart (as we usually do on Friday night ) and I picked up the first TMNT movie on DVD for $9.44 .It's been years since I've seen it........but a bargain in my opinion especially for dvd.I plan on watching it this afternoon
__________________
Brian AKA Metal Head
[email protected]
"COWABUNGA DUDES"!!!!!
Metal Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2002, 09:28 AM   #6
Reznorite420
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 3,851
Personally, I'm waiting for some special editioin DVDs to come out; one that perhaps includes the deleted ending from the first movie...a boxed set wouldn't be bad either.

About the voices: I believe Robby Rist and Brian Tochi (Michelangelo and Leonardo's voices, respectively) were the only two people invloved acting-wise that stayed in all three movies (don't even get me started on that horrid machination known as TMNT 3!)
Reznorite420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2002, 09:30 AM   #7
Nickokapo
Emperor
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Argentina
Posts: 5,800
I want to see that deleted ending aswell!
Was it even filmed?
Nickokapo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2002, 09:31 AM   #8
Reznorite420
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 3,851
Don't know, but I know it's described over at the official site...
Reznorite420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2002, 12:44 PM   #9
raphael90
Stone Warrior
 
raphael90's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: ...down in the sewer listening to Skinny Puppy...
Posts: 618
TMNT 2

Aaaah...I found it at Wal-Mart on DVD for the same price quoted above. I would really like to get that on DVD whenever I budget enough money. That movie is not the best, but its the Turtle's so I like it anyway
__________________

"Babies? These things haven't even been BORN yet!"


-Raphael
raphael90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2002, 02:59 PM   #10
Newton Gimmick
Mad Scientist
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 1,154
Donatello's voice is the same in all 3 movies, its none other then Corey Feldman!


And as for Judith Hoag, I think Page is way better looking, IMHO
Newton Gimmick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2002, 03:45 PM   #11
Karpo_007
Inactive Moderator
 
Karpo_007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Finland
Posts: 8,798
Generally the last 3 movies sucked. And for that we can blame the parents. And i have read that there is a lot of footage that didnt make it to the final cut. Probably some fights that were too violent. I really hope that there would be a special edition. The original Director is even willing to do it, sai Laird in some old interview. Lets hope for the best.
Karpo_007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2002, 03:55 PM   #12
azure turtle
Mango Lovin' Mutant
 
azure turtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 9,453
Corey Feldmen couldn't do Donatello's voice for the second movie (I think this is when he was going through some rough times), so I think someone named Adam Carl stepped in to fulfill that role. Brian Tochi and Robbie Rist were the only ones who did voices for all three movies.

I'm pretty sure that Peter Laird mentioned the filming of the deleted ending for TMNT I in one of his Blasts From the Pasts. He also said that he was hoping for a special edition DVD with this ending, plus other deleted scenes.
__________________
"God, I love being a turtle!"

Want to meet the only blue ninja turtle in existence? Come visit me at my Lair!
azure turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2002, 03:57 PM   #13
Karpo_007
Inactive Moderator
 
Karpo_007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Finland
Posts: 8,798
Yeah. If the TMNT will become popular again, there is a chance.
Karpo_007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2002, 04:13 PM   #14
Sparvid
Stone Warrior
 
Sparvid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Östersund, Sweden
Posts: 860
Aha, I rememberd to more small complaints

1: What I simply looove in the Mirage comics is the long and silent fight scenes (all four vs Triceratons, Leo vs Shredder...). Having a lot of talk while they're fighting isn't good.

2: The invincible Turtles vs. The Foot. In specifically the second movie, the Turtles win every little battle against the Foot. It doesn't make the heroes look good, it makes the Foot look really bad. You learn that they only get the kids that are in the absolute top among fighters, and then they never land one punch in their fights?
Sparvid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2002, 04:17 PM   #15
Reznorite420
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 3,851
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newton Gimmick
Donatello's voice is the same in all 3 movies, its none other then Corey Feldman!
You are wrong...and deaf. You should be able to tell just by listening to his voice that it's not him. The official site says so and so do tons of other pages on the 'net.
Reznorite420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2002, 04:17 PM   #16
Karpo_007
Inactive Moderator
 
Karpo_007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Finland
Posts: 8,798
Yeah that's true, the fights in comics are mostly silent. And the TMNT can take a beating too. Well Raph got beaten up in the movie.
Karpo_007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2002, 04:18 PM   #17
Reznorite420
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 3,851
Quote:
Originally Posted by azure turtle
Brian Tochi and Robbie Rist were the only ones who did voices for all three movies.
If might have been better for you if you quoted what I said before saying that
Reznorite420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2002, 04:23 PM   #18
Sparvid
Stone Warrior
 
Sparvid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Östersund, Sweden
Posts: 860
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karpo_007
Yeah that's true, the fights in comics are mostly silent. And the TMNT can take a beating too. Well Raph got beaten up in the movie.
Yeah, one of the thousand reasons why the first is the best one
Sparvid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2002, 04:26 PM   #19
Karpo_007
Inactive Moderator
 
Karpo_007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Finland
Posts: 8,798
It's best because the rest of them sucks. Alltough III is much better than II. What is TMNT without ninja action? ANSWER: The Secret of ooze
Karpo_007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2002, 04:27 PM   #20
Reznorite420
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 3,851
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karpo_007
Alltough III is much better than II
I think I and the rest of the community should hang you for saying that
Reznorite420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:35 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.