The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-10-2002, 02:47 AM   #1
the_minimizer
Foot Soldier
 
the_minimizer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 230
How did Baxter escape

I remember in the episode (name i can't think of) where baxter the fly finds an alien spaceship that crashed thousands of years ago. In the end, he ends up trying to go to dimension-x, but donatello has a piece of the transwarp drive that prevents baxter from getting there and the ships falls apart. Baxter lands in a spider web and a spider (a big one) comes after him and the last thing you hear of him is "Help me!". How did he escape?
the_minimizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2002, 06:02 AM   #2
Karpo_007
Inactive Moderator
 
Karpo_007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Finland
Posts: 8,798
I think they didnt show it, but was in earth in the ep "Landlord of the flies" or something...
Karpo_007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2002, 09:34 AM   #3
Ninja Turtles Cartoon Fan
Stone Warrior
 
Ninja Turtles Cartoon Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: USA
Posts: 835
Actually, the episode Unix is referring to is "Bye Bye Fly," an episode that aired near the end of the third season. How Baxter escaped from the spider's web was never explained.

"I can make it work! I'm handy."
"Wonderful."

Krang and Shredder, from "Turtles of the Jungle"
Ninja Turtles Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2002, 01:28 PM   #4
Reznorite420
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 3,851
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Turtles Cartoon Fan
How Baxter escaped from the spider's web was never explained.
And in all honesty, does it really matter? Like someone said in the thread "The Techonodrome's boring and drilling capabilities", it's just a cartoon, though I do admit that I would like to know just out of curiosity
Reznorite420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2002, 02:56 PM   #5
Newton Gimmick
Mad Scientist
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 1,154
I'm pretty sure they were looking to kill off Baxter then. But decided to bring him back later, since TNMT never really killed him.

Speaking of his death scene, it is a complete rip-off of the Original, The Fly movie. Even the "Help me...Help me"
Newton Gimmick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2002, 03:06 PM   #6
Nickokapo
Emperor
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Argentina
Posts: 5,800
Rip-off eh?I think they were parodying it
Nickokapo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2002, 03:40 PM   #7
Karpo_007
Inactive Moderator
 
Karpo_007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Finland
Posts: 8,798
Of course it was a parody
Karpo_007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2002, 08:01 PM   #8
Newton Gimmick
Mad Scientist
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 1,154
You can call it parodying, same difference. I mean the whole Baxter Fly sotry is basically the "Jeff Goldblum" Fly story, then the Original Fly ending.

TMNT tends to borrow, rip-off, parody lots of movies and comics and books. They do it in such a style that its good, no doubt, and the characters aren't the EXACT same, but it is a borrowed concept.

Pizza Aliens, ANYONE?

Anywho, I loved Baxter, and the Fly Baxter was cool. New Baxter will never compare.

Or old Baxter, however you see it.
Newton Gimmick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2002, 08:11 PM   #9
Deathknight
Mad Scientist
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: One of the 972 rooms of the technodrome
Posts: 1,995
I never really liked Baxter... I always thought he was a pain. And besides, what was with the later episodes with him... it started in Son of Return of the Fly II, all of a sudden he's a super warrior and is beating the crap of Shredder and company with no problem.
__________________
Shredder: "Ninja hall of fame? Ha! Where's MY statue?!"
-My Brother, the Bad Guy
Deathknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2002, 11:13 PM   #10
Karpo_007
Inactive Moderator
 
Karpo_007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Finland
Posts: 8,798
New Baxet will definetly be better. No more wimpy baxter. I never liked him in the old show.
Karpo_007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2002, 07:43 AM   #11
Ninja Turtles Cartoon Fan
Stone Warrior
 
Ninja Turtles Cartoon Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: USA
Posts: 835
I liked Baxter up to a point. After the third season, it didn't appear as if his character had any direction. I sometimes got the feeling that when the writers couldn't come up with anything, they used Baxter as filler until they could come up with an idea.

*Writers sitting around a table, scratching their heads*

Writer 1: "Anyone come up with any ideas yet?"

*Ten other writers shake their heads in disappointment*

Writer 3: "Okay, somebody give Baxter a call. I'm sure he's looking for work."

"He's . . . a zombie!"
"Nah, he just saw one rat too many."

Donatello and Irma, from "Leatherhead Meets the Rat King"
Ninja Turtles Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2002, 08:03 AM   #12
Karpo_007
Inactive Moderator
 
Karpo_007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Finland
Posts: 8,798
Well same goes with the mad scientists. When they didn't come up anything new for shredder to do let's put a Mad scinetist in. ALL of them wanted revenge. In one episode The Scientists didnt even tell why. He was going to explode a bomb and Yelled " I will have my revenge!". So they didnt even bother to write history for that guy. Right now i dont remember the ep name, but if someone want i can check it.
Karpo_007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:14 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.