The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-11-2002, 02:17 PM   #1
PWDESAI
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 1,873
I got the dvd's

I haven't opened tmnt 2 or 3 yet, but i just bought them, and the extra features look cool. The online extra features is pretty neat sounding, i'm surprised that no one mentioned that, and that everyone was complaining that the dvd's weren't good enough. First of all, they have some awesome intro scenes, 2nd they are in the good dvd packaging, and the packaging is very nice with lots of cool pics on it.
that's my 2 cents
PWDESAI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2002, 02:24 PM   #2
Reznorite420
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 3,851
I think it's a safe bet that when people refer to how bad the DVDs were, they're not talking about the medium or the packaging. What they mean is that there's nothing special about them at all. All the first one basically has is the original trailer (which can also be found off the Burger King tapes) and that sewer maze game. I for one would rather wait for a special edition if it's ever made.

BTW, I had no idea TMNT 3 was out yet; I've only seen 1 and 2.
Reznorite420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2002, 02:30 PM   #3
Karpo_007
Inactive Moderator
 
Karpo_007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Finland
Posts: 8,798
I hope there will be a special edition. Lot of stuff were cut, so they could make one, diffrent thing is will they.
Karpo_007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2002, 03:04 PM   #4
Jephael
That whack job behind you
 
Jephael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Carlisle, Pennsylvania
Posts: 8,143
I decided to go and get the dvd of TMNT The Original Movie, as it's titled and I love it.
It may not have any cut scenes or bloopers, but I get such a kick outta watching the turtles talk in French.
__________________
"I like it. Simple, but effective!"
Raphael; The Mean Machines - 1988

Jephael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2002, 08:59 PM   #5
tekcop
Hench Mutant
 
tekcop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 334
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jephael
...I get such a kick outta watching the turtles talk in French.
Me, too! Heh.... Cowab(oo)nga!
tekcop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2002, 09:03 PM   #6
Jephael
That whack job behind you
 
Jephael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Carlisle, Pennsylvania
Posts: 8,143
Well I only watched it in Friench from when Splinter wanted to meditate and the turtles started singing and dancing up to when Raphael and Casey fought. Then I decided to watch the rest of it in English.
__________________
"I like it. Simple, but effective!"
Raphael; The Mean Machines - 1988

Jephael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2002, 09:21 PM   #7
Deathknight
Mad Scientist
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: One of the 972 rooms of the technodrome
Posts: 1,995
What annoys me about dvds is why is there only English and French dubbing? I'd like to see the turtles talk in Japanese lol.
__________________
Shredder: "Ninja hall of fame? Ha! Where's MY statue?!"
-My Brother, the Bad Guy
Deathknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2002, 04:01 AM   #8
Raph
Mad Scientist
 
Raph's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: The Netherlands, Rotterdam
Posts: 1,888
Yep here in Holland 2 and 3 are released....Number 1 wont come
But there will be a boxset by the end of this year..

But indeed with 2 and 3 its the same thing...trailer + stupid game

Lot of cool thing could appear on the DVD: (I'll take movie I)

Trailer
Behind the Shell - Making of
Deleted scene (The one where April , show a TMNT comic idea, which is rejected at the ens of the movie (it is in the comic adaption))
2 Music Video's (Partners in Kryme - High Tek 3)
__________________
Raph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2002, 05:52 AM   #9
Metal Head
Foot Soldier
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: New Waverly,Texas,U.S.A.
Posts: 102
Honestly, even if the DVD's don't come with many special features or extras I still welcome them.I think it's great being able to watch TMNT in surround sound........and I'm just a dvd fan too.I had tons of VHS.....but the dvd's are getting so cheap in price there's no point in buying VHS any longer.So for me having TMNT on dvd is great.....evn if it doesn't come with much flash
__________________
Brian AKA Metal Head
[email protected]
"COWABUNGA DUDES"!!!!!
Metal Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2002, 07:09 AM   #10
Jephael
That whack job behind you
 
Jephael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Carlisle, Pennsylvania
Posts: 8,143
You should've heard my father though when he told me that I shouldn't go buying dvds of movies I already have on tape. He doesn't even get the stinking point of getting a DVD player!
__________________
"I like it. Simple, but effective!"
Raphael; The Mean Machines - 1988

Jephael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2002, 07:33 AM   #11
Ninja Turtles Cartoon Fan
Stone Warrior
 
Ninja Turtles Cartoon Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: USA
Posts: 835
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raph
Deleted scene (The one where April , show a TMNT comic idea, which is rejected at the ens of the movie (it is in the comic adaption))
I always wondered what happened to that scene! There was a book that came out to supplement the first movie, and the very last chapter was of April presenting a comic book idea to some goon. The guy turned her down, and then the Turtles are described as hanging on to the outside of the building with suction cups, laughing their butts off.

I think the proper term for the book is Junior Novelization. I always wondered why this chapter was in the book and not in the movie . . . now I know.

Thanks, Raph!

"This goon just broadcast our coordinates to Shredder!"
"Shredder? Another mutant? A hampster, perhaps?"

Donatello and Alien Father, from "Invasion of the Turtle Snatchers"
Ninja Turtles Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2002, 08:08 AM   #12
Karpo_007
Inactive Moderator
 
Karpo_007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Finland
Posts: 8,798
Point of buing DVD's is the better picture quality and Dolby DIgital sound. Of course the more extras the better, but it can be worth the money without them too.
Karpo_007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2002, 03:42 PM   #13
Nturtle
Ninja Master
 
Nturtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Technodrome Airducts
Posts: 5,215
the book also had a scene where shredder beats up a bunch of foot soilders, but that was either added or was never in the final cut
__________________
Fil rules. If Fil takes your 5 bucks then you should be eternally grateful that Fil would even borrow your money. Fil.
Nturtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2002, 05:07 PM   #14
Jephael
That whack job behind you
 
Jephael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Carlisle, Pennsylvania
Posts: 8,143
Another part they took out was that when Tatsu beat up Shinsho in the locker room, he had apparently died from the beating, wheras in the movie they just had him get winded.
__________________
"I like it. Simple, but effective!"
Raphael; The Mean Machines - 1988

Jephael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2002, 06:00 PM   #15
Reznorite420
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 3,851
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raph
Deleted scene[/color] (The one where April , show a TMNT comic idea, which is rejected at the ens of the movie (it is in the comic adaption))
Huh? I thought that wasn't on the DVD.
Reznorite420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2002, 06:21 PM   #16
PWDESAI
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 1,873
that wasn't in the movie, i think they read about it
PWDESAI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2002, 02:43 PM   #17
The Lone Turtle
Hench Mutant
 
The Lone Turtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Australia, mates!
Posts: 311
For those of you who live in Australia (Not sure how many of you ) TMNT 2 and 3 just came out today (14/11/02) Target has them for sale Just thought I'd give you a heads up
The Lone Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2002, 07:30 AM   #18
Ratking
Moderator
 
Ratking's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: a sewer near you
Posts: 796
yeah mate uim from aussie, thx for that
Ratking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2002, 08:43 AM   #19
Eye of Sarnath
Mad Scientist
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: NY
Posts: 1,590
Another deleated scene they could include is the part on the farm where Raph makes himself a new pair of sais (remeber, during his fight with the Foot, they were thrown off the top of the building). This was a part in the Archie comic book, so I'll assume it's a scene that wasn't lucky enough to make it into the final cut.

Also, for TMNT 2, they could have included the Behind the Shells documentary. It was originally released on VHS, but would be nice to see on the DVD.
Eye of Sarnath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2002, 10:21 AM   #20
MzTheInsomniac
Stone Warrior
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Daaaaaaayton O hi O
Posts: 680
stupid mothers had to complain so much about the first movie, most of the good scenes were cut, no wonder 2 and 3 arent as good
__________________
www.wheeljack.com
BEETCH GO THERE!!!!
MzTheInsomniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:15 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.