The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-13-2002, 11:56 PM   #1
Shredder
Admin/Layton Apprentice
 
Shredder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Isla Nublar
Posts: 481
Technodrome Site T-Shirts?

Hi, everyone. Krang and I are considering adding a "Technodrome Store" feature to the site where fans can buy Technodrome-logo T-shirts (and possibly other merchandise if there's enough interest.) Would anyone be interested in such a feature? What would you consider a reasonable price for a shirt? Comments/suggestions/ideas?
__________________

"Well, actually, I always wanted to be a writer. Being a ruthless conqueror was my second choice." --Shredder, Take Me to Your Leader
Shredder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2002, 07:37 AM   #2
PWDESAI
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 1,873
wow i didn't know this guy was even alive, i've never seen him post
gotta say i'm not that interested... unless it has a huge pic of the technodrome
PWDESAI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2002, 10:45 AM   #3
Karpo_007
Inactive Moderator
 
Karpo_007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Finland
Posts: 8,798
Well I can't say im really intrested, the shipping costs are pretty high to Finland.
Karpo_007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2002, 03:31 PM   #4
Reznorite420
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 3,851
Well...stuff like this for a fan site sounds a little cooky at first, but then again I just ask "Why not?". It'll be a way of expressing my pride AND it'll advertise the site to would-be members out there (I can name quite a few at my school alone who might want to check this place out).

I say go for it, and if it doesn't work out, well, then it didn't hurt to try it out once. Besides, it's kinda tough finding a TMNT-related shirt even online today.
Reznorite420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2002, 03:46 PM   #5
Karpo_007
Inactive Moderator
 
Karpo_007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Finland
Posts: 8,798
But i think making those shirts can be expensive, especially if there's no buyers.
Karpo_007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2002, 04:24 PM   #6
PWDESAI
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 1,873
actually there are plenty of places to find a tmnt shirt
try
www.80stees.com (or something like that) they have tmnt, and even alf!
PWDESAI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2002, 04:39 PM   #7
Greed
Stone Warrior
 
Greed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Chicago, ILL
Posts: 931
it would be something to look into
Greed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2002, 07:25 PM   #8
DarthRaphael
Moderator
 
DarthRaphael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Charlotte, NC USA
Posts: 913
Any "special" pricing for moderators?

I might be interested.
__________________

I edit your posts
DarthRaphael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2002, 09:27 PM   #9
tekcop
Hench Mutant
 
tekcop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 334
I might buy a shirt -- or a hat. Yeah a hat. I would buy a hat.
tekcop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2002, 12:38 AM   #10
Skeletoncrew
Foot Elite
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Bearing in on your spicy brains
Posts: 3,275
I love buying shirts to support my favorite sites!
__________________

Adult TMNT fan art and fiction contest Now accepting entries!
Skeletoncrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2002, 01:38 AM   #11
Reznorite420
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 3,851
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWDESAI
actually there are plenty of places to find a tmnt shirt
try
www.80stees.com (or something like that) they have tmnt, and even alf!
80tees doesn't have a good enough selection. I've seen other TMNT shirts elsewhere as well.

Plus, think of it this way; this will be a rarer shirt to find, so it'll be a little bit more prestigious (sp?) to have...
Reznorite420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2002, 03:21 AM   #12
Krang
Admin and Sega Guru
 
Krang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Dimension X
Posts: 3,755
Just wanted to mention a few things. First, the reason we're thinking about selling t-shirts and other merchandise is to raise money to help pay for the server fees, so if you want to help support this site and its forums, this would be a way to do that. Also, we're probably not allowed to sell products with images from the cartoons or comics (since they're copyrighted), so the merchandise would have our site's logos on it instead (and if anyone wants to contribute a logo, let me know). BTW, the merchandise would be professionally produced and shipped by an online company. If anyone has any questions, let Shredder or me know.
__________________

"My motherboard's microchips are chomping at the... 'bit'. A little computer humor." --Krang, Welcome Back, Polarisoids
Krang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2002, 06:33 AM   #13
Nickokapo
Emperor
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Argentina
Posts: 5,800
I'd buy technodrome underwear! =p
No seriously i think the shirt is a good idea...lots of sites are doing t-shirts and i guess it's a good idea to help cover the site server price.
It'd be cool if it had a picture of the technodrome itself tho perhaps you can put a picture of a big-ball-with-an-eyeball-that-looks-like-the-technodrome-but-due-to-copyright-laws-it-is-not.
Aight i'll shut up now
Nickokapo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2002, 08:01 AM   #14
Reznorite420
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 3,851
The logo isn't a bad idea either...I never said anything about actual TMNT stuff on there, just TMNT-related (hence, the Technodrome )

Sorry if I was misunderstood, Krang.

EDIT: 420 posts...heh.
Reznorite420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2002, 11:10 AM   #15
Karpo_007
Inactive Moderator
 
Karpo_007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Finland
Posts: 8,798
I think a paypall button would be better for collecting money. I would most definetly donate atleast 5$. If everyone would do the same it should be a little help.
Karpo_007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2002, 06:41 PM   #16
azure turtle
Mango Lovin' Mutant
 
azure turtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 9,453
Hmm... I dunno if I'd buy a t-shirt. But I would definitely buy a Technodrome bumper sticker.
__________________
"God, I love being a turtle!"

Want to meet the only blue ninja turtle in existence? Come visit me at my Lair!
azure turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2002, 07:23 PM   #17
Deathknight
Mad Scientist
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: One of the 972 rooms of the technodrome
Posts: 1,995
I'd probably buy a shirt and or a hat... Maybe you could sell posters as well.
__________________
Shredder: "Ninja hall of fame? Ha! Where's MY statue?!"
-My Brother, the Bad Guy
Deathknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2002, 04:28 AM   #18
Krang
Admin and Sega Guru
 
Krang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Dimension X
Posts: 3,755
Ok, so if we do set up a store, it looks like we will sell these items so far:
  • T-Shirts
  • Hats
  • Bumper Stickers
If anyone is interested in any other kind of merchandise, post it here and if enough people are interested, I'll add it to the list.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickokapo
It'd be cool if it had a picture of the technodrome itself tho perhaps you can put a picture of a big-ball-with-an-eyeball-that-looks-like-the-technodrome-but-due-to-copyright-laws-it-is-not.
I'm not completely sure about this, but I think if someone drew the technodrome as fan art, it would be legal to sell t-shirts with that image on it, since it's not taken directly from the show. The problem is, I'm not a very good artist, so I couldn't draw it myself...
__________________

"My motherboard's microchips are chomping at the... 'bit'. A little computer humor." --Krang, Welcome Back, Polarisoids
Krang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2002, 07:07 AM   #19
Ratking
Moderator
 
Ratking's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: a sewer near you
Posts: 796
just make sure you make somthing out of this.
Ratking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2002, 10:25 AM   #20
MzTheInsomniac
Stone Warrior
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Daaaaaaayton O hi O
Posts: 680
o krang, some Technodrome PATCHES AND BUTTONS would be cool !!!!!! i'd buy tons
__________________
www.wheeljack.com
BEETCH GO THERE!!!!
MzTheInsomniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:54 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.