The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-04-2002, 10:32 PM   #1
Coligeon
Mouser
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 7
Why was Casey left out of Secret of Ooze?

I've never really understood this. Casey Jones has always been my favorite part about ninja turtles (even more then the turtles hah). He had a lot of great lines and beat up Raph (wow). Can't get much better then that. Plus, he actually used his weapon raelly violently. I mean he was gonna go all out on those "purse grabbing pukes!" My main question is, why was he left out? Was he too violent or was it because the turtles were going for a more kiddie approach? I still like the second one, but Casey just added that..."edge" I suppose. I'm going to hopefully rent the third movie tomorrow because it has been so long and I want to see how his character compares to the original. Thanks for the comments ^_^.
__________________
"You're claustrophobic!" "Hey, I've never even LOOKED at a guy before!"
Coligeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2002, 10:44 PM   #2
Mondo_Gecko
Stone Warrior
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 670
Yeah its too badCasey never was in the second one. But that was never my problem with it, i always wished Bebop & Rocksteady and Krang were gunna be in it. I remember how upset i was as a kid going to see that movie expecting to see them and there was Tokka & Rahazer.
Mondo_Gecko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2002, 11:35 PM   #3
Nickokapo
Emperor
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Argentina
Posts: 5,800
I've heard lots of kids got deceptioned when tmnt 2 came out, because there were rumors there were going to be 2 mutant sidekicks for shredder, so everyone thought bebop and rocksteady.
That didn't happen to me tho since i saw the movie after it was out in the usa.
Oh and i definitely missed casey in tmnt 2
And, um...i don't wanna spoil it to you or anything coligeon, so i'll just say casey in tmnt 3 doesnt plays a big part
I was hoping he would, afterall it was his comeback to the tmnt movies! but nah...
__________________
Nickokapo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2002, 11:54 PM   #4
Mondo_Gecko
Stone Warrior
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 670
I was Decepted....
Mondo_Gecko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2002, 06:08 AM   #5
Karpo_007
Inactive Moderator
 
Karpo_007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Finland
Posts: 8,798
Casey wasn't in, because he was too violent. After the firs movie, parents complained and the violence was taken out from the second movie. And so was Casey. NO wonder the Movie flopped.
Karpo_007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2002, 06:24 AM   #6
FreshRazz
Hench Mutant
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Local Sewer System
Posts: 261
I never knew that... well guess i was to young to care bak then
__________________

This is My Pal Shredder
FreshRazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2002, 06:29 AM   #7
Karpo_007
Inactive Moderator
 
Karpo_007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Finland
Posts: 8,798
Parents were waiting for something like the cartoon when the first movie came out. It was based on original comics, it was dark and had a good plot, That was a shock to parents. They are the ones we can blame for the Secret of the ooze.
Karpo_007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2002, 07:06 AM   #8
FreshRazz
Hench Mutant
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Local Sewer System
Posts: 261
Die Parents Die...
Oh God! Mum Dad What haveI done...
I spilt ketchup on ya... that's gonna stane...
I'd neva kill my parents or would i...
__________________

This is My Pal Shredder
FreshRazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2002, 08:21 AM   #9
R-iZZy
The Long Con
 
R-iZZy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: G'ville, FL (Gator Country), USA
Posts: 3,007
oh boy... Casey would've been a good match to Tokka and Rahzar!
__________________


R-iZZy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2002, 08:25 AM   #10
Turtle X
Thug
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Turtle Island
Posts: 69
Parents these days I tell ya I didnt Know that ethier, well now that i do i can sit back and be mad all day. thank you lol
__________________


***Can We Keep Her......Far Out***
Turtle X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2002, 08:40 AM   #11
Kali
Inactive Moderator
 
Kali's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: California!
Posts: 11,101
Actually, I'd say "Parents from ten years ago!" I've noticed the "too much action and violence line" has been pushed back considerably over the years. Kids movies have a lot more action now than they did ten years ago.

True that Casey was probably taken out because they wanted to make the second movie less violent, and let's face it, if Casey had been in a movie like that it would have been even worse. I can't even imagine how they could have fit Casey into the TMNT2 script without it being awkward.
Kali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2002, 08:47 AM   #12
Karpo_007
Inactive Moderator
 
Karpo_007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Finland
Posts: 8,798
Yeah nowdays parent aren't so much worried about violence. It's Sex nowdays that they are worried about.
Karpo_007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2002, 09:09 AM   #13
Shellfox
Mad Scientist
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,234
My mom didn't care she took me to TMNT 1 like 4 times, I was lucky my perants were never into that super soccer mom mentality, if it was rated or put on TV for my age they were fine with it.

Granted Casey sucked in 3, but Wick was kinda fun, and I liked Keno in 2, he was really cool in surf ninjas, provided you sespend beliefe
Shellfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2002, 09:15 AM   #14
Turtle X
Thug
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Turtle Island
Posts: 69
What was kenos's real name??? and around here parents are still pushy about everything, they need to lighten up.
__________________


***Can We Keep Her......Far Out***
Turtle X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2002, 09:29 AM   #15
Ninja Turtles Cartoon Fan
Stone Warrior
 
Ninja Turtles Cartoon Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: USA
Posts: 835
Keno's real name was Ernie Reyes, Jr. And since we are discussing the second movie, I had a question.

At the beginning of the movie, when they are in that pizza parlor, and a black man with headphones walks away with a pizza, does that not look like Rickey Henderson, the baseball player?

I have always wondered this.

"Things are not always what they seem." - Leonardo, from "The Turtle Terminator"
Ninja Turtles Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2002, 09:55 AM   #16
raphael90
Stone Warrior
 
raphael90's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: ...down in the sewer listening to Skinny Puppy...
Posts: 618
movie

Shoot, back when I saw it in like '91, the first TMNT movie was a little overwhelming to me at a young age, but I liked it. My parents didn't seem to find anything objectionable. Casey is cool and I love the way he shakes things up with his attitude. He even provided a little romance which sadly nothing ever came of.

I like TMNT 2 basically because I grew up with it. Around that time it was released on video, I had my one and only Turtle B-day party. We watched the movie that night and I loved it!

I still do because the Turtles are cool anyway.

Had I watched TMNT 2 only of recently, the things that might have killed it for me was the Turtle's look had changed, April was a different actor, Shredder looked ridiculous, and the ending was rather cheesy.

But I still like the movie and I don't think I'll ever hate it.

As for TMNT 3, I never saw that when it came out and now that I've seen it its my least favorite. But yes, Casey's presence was a definite positive for that one.
__________________

"Babies? These things haven't even been BORN yet!"


-Raphael
raphael90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2002, 12:21 PM   #17
Aztec General
Mad Scientist
 
Aztec General's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 1,437
I'd say he wasn't in it because the writers didn't want to hurt his character's integrity by being in such an awful film. But then again they put him in the third movie. (lol)

Wow it is really amazing how bad the two sequels were, to what I consider to be a pretty damn good super hero movie. It wasn't perfect (I might do a post about this soon) but as a whole I thought it did a great job of telling the story from the comics, while at the same time incorporating elements of the cartoon for younger audiences. All the while not dumbing down the story.
__________________
Aztec General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2002, 12:22 PM   #18
Newton Gimmick
Mad Scientist
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 1,154
Actually, the actor who played Casey didn't want a role in TNMT2, it had nothing to do with Violence and kids. Sorry Karpo. I read a interview with him, YEARS and years ago when the movie was coming out.

As for Tokka & Rahzar instead of Rocksteady and Bebop...THAT was one of the major reasons the movie wasn't as successful. EVERYONE thought for sure we were gonna see our fav mutant baddies, and instead we got some really lame replacements.

I know people that complain about that to this day.
Newton Gimmick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2002, 12:35 PM   #19
Mondo_Gecko
Stone Warrior
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 670
Toka & Rahzar were ok i like them but it would have been so cool to see Bebop & Rocksteady
Mondo_Gecko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2002, 12:35 PM   #20
Karpo_007
Inactive Moderator
 
Karpo_007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Finland
Posts: 8,798
Well Maybe caseys actor was wise enough to refuse that role. And The first Movie was a hit, so Rocksteady and Bebop didn't have anything to do with the seconds failure.

The fact is, that usually sequals are not nearly as good as the original one. TMNT 2 is no exception. Alltough it could have been much better. The fact that they take away the violence and good plot were the facts that made the movie bad.
Karpo_007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:19 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.