The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

View Poll Results: Favorite TMNT Cartoon theme
Theme 1 (1987-mid 1990) 10 76.92%
Theme 2 (mid 1990-1993) 3 23.08%
Theme 3 (1994-1996) 0 0%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-05-2002, 06:59 PM   #1
Deathknight
Mad Scientist
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: One of the 972 rooms of the technodrome
Posts: 1,995
Favorite TMNT cartoon theme

Just thought I'd see what you ppl think... which was your favorite theme from the old cartoon?
__________________
Shredder: "Ninja hall of fame? Ha! Where's MY statue?!"
-My Brother, the Bad Guy
Deathknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2002, 07:06 PM   #2
Machias Banshee
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 17,163
I didnt realize there were THREE?!?
Machias Banshee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2002, 07:09 PM   #3
Deathknight
Mad Scientist
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: One of the 972 rooms of the technodrome
Posts: 1,995
I always thought there was 4 because as a kid I remember a tmnt theme that started out with each tmnt in the corner holding their weapons... but after seeing the entire series I guess it was some kind of fault in my memory or something. Yes I'm aware that's in the character selection of TMNT 2: the arcade game. One more thing Machias, you can download all 3 themes in the video clip section of this site... you didn't know that?
__________________
Shredder: "Ninja hall of fame? Ha! Where's MY statue?!"
-My Brother, the Bad Guy
Deathknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2002, 07:12 PM   #4
Jephael
That whack job behind you
 
Jephael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Carlisle, Pennsylvania
Posts: 8,143
The first two are the same song though, so I'm merely assuming that you're referring to the images that flashed across the screen. Though now that I think about it, they did add those ridiculous sound effects to the song in the Saturday Morning opening so I'm gonna say I enjoyed the original theme.
__________________
"I like it. Simple, but effective!"
Raphael; The Mean Machines - 1988

Jephael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2002, 07:13 PM   #5
Machias Banshee
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 17,163
Yeah, i like the first one...especially wiht the scenes of Mike doing practice, and Splinter changing to his present form.....
Machias Banshee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2002, 07:14 PM   #6
Deathknight
Mad Scientist
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: One of the 972 rooms of the technodrome
Posts: 1,995
The reason they changed it was most likely because of the switch from Fox to Cbs.
__________________
Shredder: "Ninja hall of fame? Ha! Where's MY statue?!"
-My Brother, the Bad Guy
Deathknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2002, 07:15 PM   #7
FreshRazz
Hench Mutant
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Local Sewer System
Posts: 261
Go the first one!
__________________

This is My Pal Shredder
FreshRazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2002, 07:29 PM   #8
Mondo_Gecko
Stone Warrior
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 670
I Love the First One. I never realized there were three though.
Mondo_Gecko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2002, 07:31 PM   #9
FreshRazz
Hench Mutant
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Local Sewer System
Posts: 261
Yeah same where can ya get em?
__________________

This is My Pal Shredder
FreshRazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2002, 08:59 PM   #10
Deathknight
Mad Scientist
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: One of the 972 rooms of the technodrome
Posts: 1,995
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshRazz
Yeah same where can ya get em?
um... http://www.thetechnodrome.com/vc/
__________________
Shredder: "Ninja hall of fame? Ha! Where's MY statue?!"
-My Brother, the Bad Guy
Deathknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2002, 11:46 PM   #11
Deepflame
Hench Mutant
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Deep below the mountains...
Posts: 254
First one owns.
__________________
NoOo! The killer scarfs attack!
Deepflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2002, 07:05 AM   #12
Ninja Turtles Cartoon Fan
Stone Warrior
 
Ninja Turtles Cartoon Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: USA
Posts: 835
This is a tough one for me. I can't make a vote.

If you're going for just the theme alone, I'd pick the first one.
If you're going for the overall look, I'd go with the second one.
And the third one - theme and look- was okay, too.

"Bigger is not always better." - Splinter, from "Funny, They Shrunk Michaelangelo"
Ninja Turtles Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2002, 08:35 AM   #13
Shellfox
Mad Scientist
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,234
I liked the fact that use bits of the movie in the third one, but I first is still the best
Shellfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2002, 11:15 AM   #14
raphael90
Stone Warrior
 
raphael90's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: ...down in the sewer listening to Skinny Puppy...
Posts: 618
theme

The first theme rocks! Actually didn't they keep the music from the first theme and just add diffferent graphics for the second theme? The ending credits they just changed the picture too, cool pictures.

I don't remember the third one...by that time I had stopped watching the cartoon.
__________________

"Babies? These things haven't even been BORN yet!"


-Raphael
raphael90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2002, 09:42 AM   #15
Nickokapo
Emperor
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Argentina
Posts: 5,800
My favorite's definitely the first one
I like the theme and also the animation.
__________________
Nickokapo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2002, 01:28 AM   #16
azure turtle
Mango Lovin' Mutant
 
azure turtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 9,453
I've always loved the first theme.
__________________
"God, I love being a turtle!"

Want to meet the only blue ninja turtle in existence? Come visit me at my Lair!
azure turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:05 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.