The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-17-2005, 09:22 PM   #1
tmnt84
Thug
 
tmnt84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 54
Post Can someone post the Todd McFarlane TMNT art?

I have a friend who doesnt believe McFarlane has drawn any of the TMNT before, so can someone please prove him wrong and post the McFarlane TMNT art.??
tmnt84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2005, 10:04 PM   #2
Spitfire
Writer • Director
 
Spitfire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 12,035
Here you go
http://www.savagedragon.com/eriklarsen.htm

That tells you every TMNT related thing he has worked on.

EDIT: Boy that site is wrong according to the offcial site never mind....
__________________
Check out my online portfolio
http://www.christopherpelletier.com/
Spitfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2005, 11:17 PM   #3
Aztec General
Mad Scientist
 
Aztec General's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 1,437
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire666xXxXx
Here you go
http://www.savagedragon.com/eriklarsen.htm

That tells you every TMNT related thing he has worked on.

EDIT: Boy that site is wrong according to the offcial site never mind....

He asked for McFarlane not Larsen.
__________________
Aztec General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2005, 11:21 PM   #4
Aztec General
Mad Scientist
 
Aztec General's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 1,437
Tell your friend that you're right. Todd McFarlane did a "pin-up" of Michelangelo in TMNT Vol. 1 #50. It's pretty cool. I can't find it on the web but it exists.
__________________
Aztec General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2005, 01:08 AM   #5
TheShowstoppa
Stone Warrior
 
TheShowstoppa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Indiana
Posts: 629
I KNEW I HAD SEEN IT SOMEWHERE BEFORE!!!!!

I have that issue (along with most of the City at war saga) and I'll try to *carefully* scan that image sometime tomorrow morning!
__________________

Courtesy of LUCKFF
"I don't know what bothers me more; That this actually worked, or that Don carries around a pigeon puppet." - Mikey: Search for Splinter Pt. 1
TheShowstoppa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2005, 01:29 AM   #6
Spitfire
Writer • Director
 
Spitfire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 12,035
Wow I need to read the links before I post them. I typed "Ninja Turtles Todd McFarlne" into google and thats what came up...
__________________
Check out my online portfolio
http://www.christopherpelletier.com/
Spitfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2005, 08:49 AM   #7
Benito
Thug
 
Benito's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: a city that could be a sewer?, UK
Posts: 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rat King
He asked for McFarlane not Larsen.
I know he asked for Talented Imaginative Writing not Formulaic crap with bad continuity

BTW the work he's done isn't clearly marked on the official TMNT site
__________________



Last edited by Krang; 11-20-2005 at 03:06 AM. Reason: Please don't double post.
Benito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2005, 11:01 PM   #8
tmnt84
Thug
 
tmnt84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 54
I KNOW that that pin-up was posted on here in 2003, so I know its been seen by someone.
tmnt84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2005, 11:22 PM   #9
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!
 
VaughnMichael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 11,833
i used to have the poset in full color (it was of mike with a sweater on or something)but i've lost it since I moved cross country *sigh*
VaughnMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2005, 09:57 PM   #10
TheShowstoppa
Stone Warrior
 
TheShowstoppa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Indiana
Posts: 629
I'm sorry, I've been meaning to scan it, but I just haven't had the time. I'll do it sometime this weekend.
__________________

Courtesy of LUCKFF
"I don't know what bothers me more; That this actually worked, or that Don carries around a pigeon puppet." - Mikey: Search for Splinter Pt. 1
TheShowstoppa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2005, 12:57 PM   #11
cqb101
Cinephile
 
cqb101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Salem, MA
Posts: 8,489
I've been looking for that McFarlane Michelangelo poster for a few years now. I'd love to get my hands on it. I know I have a comic with a picture of it in the back. I'll try to scan it later today.

Also, he drew the cover for Flaming Carrot # 27, which featured the TMNT.



Edit:



Sorry for the crappy scanning job. There is also a Savage Dragon/TMNT poster by Larsen and Doony, which I can get a picture of if anybody wants to see it.
__________________

Last edited by cqb101; 11-24-2005 at 01:18 PM.
cqb101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2005, 03:18 PM   #12
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,296
I've never been a big fan of McFarlane....and here's a prime example of why...
Quote:
Originally Posted by cqb101
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2005, 06:44 PM   #13
cqb101
Cinephile
 
cqb101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Salem, MA
Posts: 8,489
I'm not a fan of any of the "Image founders", but I think McF is the most talented out of all of them. He's still not that great, though.
__________________
cqb101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2005, 02:26 PM   #14
tmnt84
Thug
 
tmnt84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 54
ive always enjoyed McFArlanes work, its cartoony and at the same time he adds some painstakingly intense detail.
tmnt84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2005, 12:27 PM   #15
Barkworm
Draconian leftist ruler
 
Barkworm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Germany
Posts: 6,702
I never liked that pic. It just doesn't look right to me.
__________________
Make ****, not kill!
Barkworm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2005, 08:45 AM   #16
cormano
Foot Soldier
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: williamsport, pa
Posts: 225
i hate that poster haha. i like some of todd's older stuff and i love savage dragon, but larsen never should have been involved with tmnt, either.
__________________
cormano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2005, 09:33 AM   #17
Ryona
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
*looks at that Mikey poster*

Yikes! Can anyone say "UUUUUUGLY!"?
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2005, 11:44 AM   #18
LUCKFF
Hench Mutant
 
LUCKFF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: NEW YORK CITY
Posts: 429
HERE'S IT IN COLOR.



I MEAN, SOMETIMES ITS COOL TO SEE THE TURTLES FROM DIFFERENT PERSPECTIVES, BUT I CAN SEE WHY HE WOULD BE UNAPPEALING.
__________________

LUCKFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2005, 03:09 PM   #19
Ryona
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
It's still ugly.

Mikey looks down right disgusting. *shudders*
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2005, 05:06 AM   #20
BartAllen
Banned
 
BartAllen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 922
Ha, I never noticed that mikey was wearing a t shirt in that picture before.
BartAllen is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:31 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.