The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-30-2002, 03:11 PM   #1
Brothaman
Random Punk
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 20
Why were the Red Sky seasons so short???

Ok I was looking at all the episode guide at tvtome.com. all the way from Season 8 to 10... the eps are so short. There had to be about 8 episodes a season where in the older episodes... there were like 20 to even 30 just about.
Brothaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2002, 04:40 PM   #2
Karpo_007
Inactive Moderator
 
Karpo_007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Finland
Posts: 8,798
I don't know. Well it is certain that the used much more time in amking those, The animation quality is in totally diffrent class. Think of it this way: The first season had only 5.
Karpo_007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2002, 04:52 PM   #3
Nickokapo
Emperor
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Argentina
Posts: 5,800
My guess is because they worked more on the animation quality and also because the power rangers had more rating....it could be a totally different reason tho.
But the tmnt cartoon's like that, some seasons have very few episodes (like season 1) and another ones have a crapload of eps (like season 3)
__________________
Nickokapo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2002, 05:02 PM   #4
Ninja Turtles Cartoon Fan
Stone Warrior
 
Ninja Turtles Cartoon Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: USA
Posts: 835
The reason I think the Red Sky episodes were so few in number is because there was only one writer for each season. David Wise wrote all the episodes for Seasons 8 and 9, and Jeffrey Scott wrote all the episodes for Season 10.

It wasn't like other seasons where there were multiple writers all contributing stories. Just look at Seasons 3 and 4, for example. There were many writers during those seasons; hence, that is why there were so many episodes.

"Sensei, I hope you're right."
"I hope I am, too, my son."

Michaelangelo and Splinter, from "What's Michaelangelo Good For?"
Ninja Turtles Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2002, 05:07 PM   #5
Deathknight
Mad Scientist
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: One of the 972 rooms of the technodrome
Posts: 1,995
Season 8 should've been longer but season 9 and 10 were painful to watch sometimes. I hate Dregg, always have, always will.
__________________
Shredder: "Ninja hall of fame? Ha! Where's MY statue?!"
-My Brother, the Bad Guy
Deathknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2002, 05:07 PM   #6
Nickokapo
Emperor
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Argentina
Posts: 5,800
I didn't know that seems like a good reason to me.
And on second thought the ratings probably only stopped the cartoon from having any new seasons, not new episodes, so now i doubt it affected the lenght of the red sky seasons.
__________________
Nickokapo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2002, 05:52 PM   #7
Karpo_007
Inactive Moderator
 
Karpo_007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Finland
Posts: 8,798
Yeah the writher thing could be a part reason. But atleast there is a real story with continyity.
Karpo_007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2002, 06:19 PM   #8
ChibiKasai
Foot Soldier
 
ChibiKasai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Tampa, Florida
Posts: 126
Correct me if I'm wrong (which I most likely am), but weren't the other seasons made for/shown in syndication 5 days a week, where as the Red Sky eps were only on Saturday mornings?
That could be a good reason why there are so fewer episodes.
__________________
Have no fear of perfection- you'll never reach it.
Salvador Dali
www.kishiadesign.com
ChibiKasai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2002, 06:35 PM   #9
Karpo_007
Inactive Moderator
 
Karpo_007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Finland
Posts: 8,798
I don'y know how they were aired in the Us, but that makes sense.
Karpo_007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2002, 09:26 PM   #10
Ninja Turtles Cartoon Fan
Stone Warrior
 
Ninja Turtles Cartoon Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: USA
Posts: 835
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChibiKasai
Correct me if I'm wrong (which I most likely am), but weren't the other seasons made for/shown in syndication 5 days a week, where as the Red Sky eps were only on Saturday mornings?
That could be a good reason why there are so fewer episodes.
I believe the first three seasons were continually shown in syndication on FOX and USA. After a while, the CBS episodes that aired weekly were eventually aired daily on the USA network, while new episodes were still being broadcast on CBS.

There could be many reasons why there were fewer episodes. Another theory that I've tossed around is that by the time the Red Sky episodes were airing, the Ninja Turtles were losing steam with viewers. The introduction of the Red Sky episodes brought back a little interest in Season 8, but then when Dregg and Company were brought in for Seasons 9 and 10, only the hardest of hardcore viewers continued to tune in every week.

"You foolish little beings have no concept of my power!" - Dregg, from "Divine and Conquer"
Ninja Turtles Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2002, 09:55 PM   #11
Reznorite420
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 3,851
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karpo_007
Think of it this way: The first season had only 5.
Yes, but the first season didn't really start out as a "season" per se. It was supposed to end after that little 5-part miniseries. It only happend originally so that Playmates could sell the toys.
Reznorite420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2002, 02:42 AM   #12
Karpo_007
Inactive Moderator
 
Karpo_007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Finland
Posts: 8,798
Yeah, but it is the the best season of them all. 8 comes close, but nothing can beat the first one...
Karpo_007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2002, 01:23 PM   #13
Reznorite420
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 3,851
Personally, I think they're tied. The first season had that mood to it that only true TMNT fans (people like us) could understand. Season 8 had the right level of action and almost the same mood, but I liked it more on the basis that it was re-vamped and, to be honest, conformed more to the style of cartoons in that time period. That was a year where I watched cartoons like you wouldn't believe.
Reznorite420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2002, 01:25 PM   #14
Karpo_007
Inactive Moderator
 
Karpo_007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Finland
Posts: 8,798
Yeah I too think that the 8th season is great. I have heard bad things about 9 and 10, but I can't belive it could be that bad...
Karpo_007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2002, 01:28 PM   #15
Reznorite420
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 3,851
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karpo_007
Yeah I too think that the 8th season is great. I have heard bad things about 9 and 10, but I can't belive it could be that bad...
Believe it...they just don't seem like TMNT to me. Kinda boring IMO, but it won't hurt to see them for yourself at least once and make your own opinion.
Reznorite420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2002, 01:29 PM   #16
Karpo_007
Inactive Moderator
 
Karpo_007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Finland
Posts: 8,798
Yeah. Well once I have experience about them il probably post it.
Karpo_007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2002, 02:12 PM   #17
Psycrow
Hench Mutant
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Canada
Posts: 435
Since I was an avid watcher of the TMNT for its whole continuity, the sole reason that the Red Sky episodes were so short was because of the dying fanbase the TMNT had. They had hit the end of the road by then, and the cartoon/writers kept trying new things that no one bought into.
__________________
"Before you criticize others you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you're a mile away... and you have their shoes."
Psycrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2002, 02:58 PM   #18
Karpo_007
Inactive Moderator
 
Karpo_007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Finland
Posts: 8,798
The sjow changed for the better, there was good plot and animation, But of course this just by judging few first eps of the 8th season. Well they are Written by David Wise, and so are all the best episodes of the series.
Karpo_007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2002, 03:00 PM   #19
Ninja Turtles Cartoon Fan
Stone Warrior
 
Ninja Turtles Cartoon Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: USA
Posts: 835
I read somewhere that the reason the Ninja Turtles cartoon show was scaled back to a half-hour instead of an hour on Saturday mornings was because Season 8 was too dark for Saturday morning TV.

CBS bigheads thought that little kids might be scared by the grimmer-looking Turtles and, thus, switch to another station altogether.

"How could you let that creep get the drop on you?" - Raphael, from "The Unknown Ninja"
Ninja Turtles Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2002, 03:39 PM   #20
the_minimizer
Foot Soldier
 
the_minimizer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 230
Ugh

I saw a picture of the technodrome that was contributed by someone and it had the red sky on it. But the technodrome was brutally banged up, the eye was gone and it looked terrible. But it didn't even look like a ninja turtles cartoon. The dark branches in the picture and the red sky made it look eerie, like something more of a sci-fi/horror cartoon.

What the writers should've done was to have Shredder go solo for a while and do things without Krang. Like the two would go their own seperate ways.
the_minimizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:33 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.