The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-31-2002, 03:32 PM   #1
the_minimizer
Foot Soldier
 
the_minimizer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 230
A couple things...

First of all, I realized that Shredder and Krang were at the north pole and the entire time, we never once saw Santa, Mrs Claus, the elves or the reigndeer!

Oh and, anyone have any idea where I can download episodes that are in Quicktime (*.mov) or some other non-DIVX format? I saw the size of those divx files and they're huge. That's brutal for dial-up users!
the_minimizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2002, 05:55 PM   #2
themaxonline
Hench Mutant
 
themaxonline's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Canada
Posts: 278
I always thought they were in the South Pole since they referred to it as Antarctica and that's the south pole, isn't it?

Anyways, when the Technodrome came back to the city, it have to drive by my home province of Newfoundland! LOL!!
themaxonline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2002, 06:55 PM   #3
Karpo_007
Inactive Moderator
 
Karpo_007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Finland
Posts: 8,798
Compared to other cartoon episodes, the TMNT ones are actually pretty small. the usual file size floats around 100 meg. I used to have a dial up, I know downloading file that big is pain.
Karpo_007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2003, 10:40 AM   #4
Reznorite420
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 3,851
Re: A couple things...

Quote:
Originally Posted by unix_based_punk
Oh and, anyone have any idea where I can download episodes that are in Quicktime (*.mov) or some other non-DIVX format? I saw the size of those divx files and they're huge. That's brutal for dial-up users!
I would point you to the way of .rm eps, but those are so horrible quality that I won't bother. The .avi eps are your best bet for now.

And to be honest, don't let dial-up daunt you. I've seen many people on #tmnt-files that have taken a day or more just to download one ep...they apparently didn't seem to care...

Trust me, there's no problem with downloading them at dial-up bandwidth; other people just have to learn to be patient and wait their turns. Hell, if you lived near me I could make copies of the eps I have on CD! You'd just have to supply the blank CDs, though
Reznorite420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2003, 11:22 AM   #5
Nickokapo
Emperor
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Argentina
Posts: 5,800
Well you could lower the size of the files, but you'd also be lowering the quality of em, and it's not worth it, the divx files themselves aren't all that great quality to begin with.
But to answer your question, yeah, i know of 2 places that might have some of those episodes.
One is http://www.usagiyojimbo.com/animation/
The files there might not be mov but they're not divx either and they're watchable i guess, if you don't mind the framedrops and some blurryness.
The only other place i know is x-entertainment.com but believe me, the quality of the eps there is not worth your download time, If you really want em them i'd recommend you to download 500 kb or 1 mb of the file, then open the incomplete file and check if you really can stand the quality, if you do then keep downloading
I know it's irritating to download big files with dial up so i bet you don't want to waste time in something you can't even watch.
But...yeah....i'd recommend you to get a faster connection for downloading episodes, because most of them are in divx format,.
__________________
Nickokapo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2003, 03:09 AM   #6
Reznorite420
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 3,851
The DivX ones may not be totally perfect, but they're the best ones out there right now. I believe that's the best Aneurysm could do considering he ripped them from TV broadcasts, so it's not his fault entirely.

Ummmm, forget that...don't want to start another worthless argument again like what happened in tmnt-files that time
Reznorite420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2003, 03:13 AM   #7
Karpo_007
Inactive Moderator
 
Karpo_007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Finland
Posts: 8,798
Well you can get much better qulity encodes from TV than from a vhs. Considering, that its'a almost 200 eps series, it's not a bad i“dea. Bur the New show willneed to be encoded in High quality, And now I have seen that High quality eps can be around 130-150 megs.
Karpo_007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2003, 03:17 AM   #8
Reznorite420
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 3,851
I'll have to make sure I have PLENTY of CDs in that case...if 193 eps at an average 50 megs a piece takes up 18 CDs, imagine how much larger files will take...
Reznorite420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2003, 03:41 AM   #9
Karpo_007
Inactive Moderator
 
Karpo_007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Finland
Posts: 8,798
Yeah but there's no sense to sacrifice quality for smaler size.
Karpo_007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:10 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.