The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-13-2006, 10:14 PM   #1
Mike Bock
Hench Mutant
 
Mike Bock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Splinter's Dojo
Posts: 366
What happened to this?

I was browsing the internet,in google to be exact and found this comic page of a supposed Ninja Turtles comic, but I've never seen it.

Take a look at it:



Did it come out? or will it? I need info.
Mike Bock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006, 11:04 PM   #2
TheShowstoppa
Stone Warrior
 
TheShowstoppa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Indiana
Posts: 629
There was a single issue released by another comic company slated for this last year to deal with mostly Raphael. I don't know if it ever hit comic stands or if they ever even did the production, but the art to it looks surprisingly similar to that of the page I see above.
__________________

Courtesy of LUCKFF
"I don't know what bothers me more; That this actually worked, or that Don carries around a pigeon puppet." - Mikey: Search for Splinter Pt. 1
TheShowstoppa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006, 11:04 PM   #3
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!
 
VaughnMichael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 11,833
wow that looks great I wonder what it is!?
VaughnMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 07:05 PM   #4
Sabacooza
Mad Scientist
 
Sabacooza's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 1,994
I have that issue with that comic in it. It was released by Digital Webbing.
Sabacooza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 10:16 PM   #5
Mike Bock
Hench Mutant
 
Mike Bock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Splinter's Dojo
Posts: 366
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza
I have that issue with that comic in it. It was released by Digital Webbing.
Really that's awesome! Could we see the cover?
Mike Bock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 09:53 AM   #6
BigApple3AM
Mad Scientist
 
BigApple3AM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Supermarket Aisle
Posts: 1,635
http://cgi.ebay.com/Digital-Webbing-...QQcmdZViewItem
BigApple3AM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2006, 09:43 AM   #7
Mike Bock
Hench Mutant
 
Mike Bock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Splinter's Dojo
Posts: 366
Thanks for the link dude. That comic looks awesome!
Who can give me a review of it? I would love to know what's the story about.
Mike Bock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2006, 09:23 PM   #8
Sabacooza
Mad Scientist
 
Sabacooza's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 1,994
Quote:
Thanks for the link dude. That comic looks awesome!
Who can give me a review of it? I would love to know what's the story about.
Yeah, I'm sorry. Ecto beat me to it. Sadly I don't think that cover has ever been released. This turtle comic was a short story maybe only eight pages. I can't remember.

The synopsis is that Raph is carrying a package that has to make it back to the lair in a certain amount of time. The foot jump him and he mops the floor with their faces. He ends up making it back to the lair to deliver chinese takeout.
Sabacooza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2006, 01:56 AM   #9
Mike Bock
Hench Mutant
 
Mike Bock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Splinter's Dojo
Posts: 366
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza
Yeah, I'm sorry. Ecto beat me to it. Sadly I don't think that cover has ever been released. This turtle comic was a short story maybe only eight pages. I can't remember.

The synopsis is that Raph is carrying a package that has to make it back to the lair in a certain amount of time. The foot jump him and he mops the floor with their faces. He ends up making it back to the lair to deliver chinese takeout.
Thanks my friend I appreciate it. The art is really cool, Andy Tong made and amazing job with this mini issue and the color stands out as well. A great piece of work,just by looking at it.
Mike Bock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 02:25 PM   #10
BigApple3AM
Mad Scientist
 
BigApple3AM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Supermarket Aisle
Posts: 1,635
Yeah, that cover did make it to publication, that link is to the front cover variant with Raph on it.

The story is in a book called DWP, or Digital Webbing Presents. Digital Webbing is also a website that Dan Berger does columns for so that's how I think they got the turtles in there. It's really just a back up story, but it got some decent press just because it features good art that resembles the old school turtles.

There were 2 covers released to comic stores, neither the raph cover. The raph cover I guess was a con exclusive or something stupid like that. That's why that guy is asking $16 for it, but I bet if you wait a bit the price will eventually go down when people forget about this book.
BigApple3AM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 09:13 PM   #11
OldSchooler
Foot Soldier
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 163
that's a ******** better than it was when it first came out. Biddig wars reached into the high 70's for it...
OldSchooler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2006, 06:35 PM   #12
xZAOx
Stone Warrior
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: TN
Posts: 842
I picked this up off of eBay for $10. And it was signed too. And yes, the Raph cover.
xZAOx is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:56 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.