The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > 4Kids TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-28-2006, 03:22 AM   #1
Poweranimals
Foot Soldier
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Reefside, CA
Posts: 216
Flash Forward/Season 5? Okay, I'm confused as hell.

Okay, so let me get this straight. For some reason "unknown to man" they're skipping over 13 episodes of TMNT. Yet Flash Forward is 26 episodes? Is this considered season 5? If so, where do the 13 episodes they skipped come in? And when will we be able to see them? Better question.. why on Earth would they air them out of order? This is a mess.
__________________
Poweranimals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006, 03:28 AM   #2
Raph's Girl
Dierna Soul, Reporter
 
Raph's Girl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Jakku
Posts: 10,831
Fast Forward is the new Season 5... it would have been Season 6 but they didn't finish all the eps in time for that season now known as the Lost Season. That comes out on DVD around January.
__________________
Raph's Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006, 03:36 AM   #3
Poweranimals
Foot Soldier
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Reefside, CA
Posts: 216
Why didn't they finish it? Wouldn't it have been logical to do that before Season 6?
__________________
Poweranimals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006, 03:45 AM   #4
Stimor
Foot Soldier
 
Stimor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Finland
Posts: 106
Maybe they just really, really liked their season 6!
__________________
Stimor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006, 03:57 AM   #5
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!
 
VaughnMichael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 11,833
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poweranimals
Okay, so let me get this straight. For some reason "unknown to man" they're skipping over 13 episodes of TMNT. Yet Flash Forward is 26 episodes? Is this considered season 5? If so, where do the 13 episodes they skipped come in? And when will we be able to see them? Better question.. why on Earth would they air them out of order? This is a mess.
what you been livin' under a rock or somethin'?
VaughnMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006, 09:26 AM   #6
syk_skillz
Foot Soldier
 
syk_skillz's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Flint, Michigan
Posts: 248
4kids rejected the idea for the original season 5 for the season 6 since they think it will be more profitable especialy toy wise. They are also tring to draw in more kid views by unfourtunately trying to make it a bit more like the old toon and taking the more serious storylines out. Hopefilly we will be suprised tommorrow to see that the show has not become to kiddy and is actually good and that the show has not been to watered down due to 4kids.
__________________
syk_skillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006, 09:54 AM   #7
Kingpin
Thug
 
Kingpin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 74
We can certainly hope on that...

Ye Gods, why is it studio executives always think they can make something better when in fact they're ruining it?

Seems to happen to every cartoon that makes it past 40 episodes/one season.
__________________
"We have the tools, we have the talent"
Kingpin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006, 09:59 AM   #8
PrometheusUFO
Foot Soldier
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Indiana
Posts: 249
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poweranimals
Okay, so let me get this straight. For some reason "unknown to man" they're skipping over 13 episodes of TMNT. Yet Flash Forward is 26 episodes? Is this considered season 5? If so, where do the 13 episodes they skipped come in? And when will we be able to see them? Better question.. why on Earth would they air them out of order? This is a mess.
The 13 episodes were going to be the first half of Season 5, but 4Kids decided they wanted Fast Forward for Season 5 to try and boost toy sales. So they dumped those first 13 that were in production and made a full season for Fast Forward instead. Then Mirage convinced 4Kids to finish making those 13 episodes, that conclude last season's cliffhanger, and they'll eventually be released straight to DVD. :/
PrometheusUFO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006, 02:21 PM   #9
iris
moddy mod mod
 
iris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: finally escaped the lab
Posts: 1,886
Quote:
Originally Posted by Putrescent
what you been livin' under a rock or somethin'?
There is life outside of tmnt, ya know. lol
__________________
Appeal to nobler motives. Like pie.
[ life is at best bitter sweet ]
iris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006, 02:48 PM   #10
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!
 
VaughnMichael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 11,833
Quote:
Originally Posted by iris
There is life outside of tmnt, ya know. lol
duddet they've been playing the adds for Fast Forward on just about every tv show they have on fox I was watching freaking hells kitchen the other night and saw it...You would have to be living under a rock to not notice all the fans b1tching on this site or all the adds and things everywhere for this show. I'm just saying it's not that hard to figure out.
VaughnMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006, 02:55 PM   #11
iris
moddy mod mod
 
iris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: finally escaped the lab
Posts: 1,886
True, but I think I could have easily missed it if I hadn't visited the Tech forums as much. I don't really watch TV, and I have 3 jobs.
iris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006, 03:30 PM   #12
Krangstein
Hench Mutant
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Iceland, Europe
Posts: 494
since they already wrote the 13 episodes for the lost season before they decided on doing the fast-forward "series", doeasn't that mean that the lost season will have no conclusion or end. Won't it just stop in a middle of a season so to speak. since it's only 13 episodes or did they rewrite the last episodes to have some sort of ending....
Krangstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006, 03:52 PM   #13
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!
 
VaughnMichael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 11,833
Quote:
Originally Posted by iris
True, but I think I could have easily missed it if I hadn't visited the Tech forums as much. I don't really watch TV, and I have 3 jobs.
that's it exactly I don't either I watch pbs and fox when I get the chance I onl usually watch fox's sunday lineup and it's been shown on every single one of those shows...then I was shocked to see it on during hells kitchen which I've now become addicted to lol.
VaughnMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006, 03:52 PM   #14
ZariusTwo
Overlord
 
ZariusTwo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Britain, DINO THUNDER...POWER UP!
Posts: 22,393
Since there still working on the Lost Season, primary work on FF already finished until they get the go ahead to animate the next season, it's not hard to rewrite the ending if they have to end it at thirteen.
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006, 04:12 PM   #15
iris
moddy mod mod
 
iris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: finally escaped the lab
Posts: 1,886
Quote:
Originally Posted by Putrescent
that's it exactly I don't either I watch pbs and fox when I get the chance I onl usually watch fox's sunday lineup and it's been shown on every single one of those shows...then I was shocked to see it on during hells kitchen which I've now become addicted to lol.
It is pretty weird that they'd advertise FF during Hell's Kitchen. Do you rmember what the ad said?
__________________
Appeal to nobler motives. Like pie.
[ life is at best bitter sweet ]
iris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006, 06:30 PM   #16
MasterMole
Foot Soldier
 
MasterMole's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Willow Grove, PA
Posts: 213
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krangstein
since they already wrote the 13 episodes for the lost season before they decided on doing the fast-forward "series", doeasn't that mean that the lost season will have no conclusion or end. Won't it just stop in a middle of a season so to speak. since it's only 13 episodes or did they rewrite the last episodes to have some sort of ending....
That's exactly what I'm thinking. I'm assuming the show's writers started making Season 5 continue "The Ninja Tribunal" story from the end of season 4. When they had completed 10-13 episodes of this "original season 5", that's when 4Kids told them to stop and replace it with "Fast Forward." So now I guess we'll be missing a lot of potentially good episodes that would make up the 2nd half of season 5.They have to rethink the continuety of this orginal season and end it with only 10-13 episodes. Maybe if we're lucky, after Fast Forward, the writers will continue where the Lost Season DVD ends...which will lead into and begin season 7.
__________________
TMNT are Cool. I anticipate buying the next toy(I hope) and watching the next episode. Will a company please give the Proper DVD release to the current and classic Turtles cartoons? Playmates Toys: Shape Up, OR feast on my large,lumpy,hairy MOLE, then Back Off!
MasterMole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006, 07:32 PM   #17
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!
 
VaughnMichael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 11,833
Quote:
Originally Posted by iris
It is pretty weird that they'd advertise FF during Hell's Kitchen. Do you rmember what the ad said?
it's the same stupid add with raph and the robot telling him he stinks but as we all really know the future does...oi
VaughnMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2006, 12:38 PM   #18
Krangstein
Hench Mutant
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Iceland, Europe
Posts: 494
Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterMole
That's exactly what I'm thinking. I'm assuming the show's writers started making Season 5 continue "The Ninja Tribunal" story from the end of season 4. When they had completed 10-13 episodes of this "original season 5", that's when 4Kids told them to stop and replace it with "Fast Forward." So now I guess we'll be missing a lot of potentially good episodes that would make up the 2nd half of season 5.They have to rethink the continuety of this orginal season and end it with only 10-13 episodes. Maybe if we're lucky, after Fast Forward, the writers will continue where the Lost Season DVD ends...which will lead into and begin season 7.
I really hope they had time to rewrite the ending for the lost season because we need a conclusion. Also I realy doubt they will continue after the fast forward...
Krangstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2006, 12:51 PM   #19
Sage Ninja
Band of the Hawk
 
Sage Ninja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: USA
Posts: 3,926
FF is not trying to be like the 1987 series. The 1987 series is in a class all its own that, I feel is superior to this FF crap. Can't wait for Ninja Tribunal to debut on DVD.
__________________

Cassandra: You won't fight me, but will you fight--for him!

Cassandra's Revenge

~Tangled the Series
________________________________
http://frankviola.org/2012/01/30/godsviewofawoman/
_______________________________
http://nox-artemis.tumblr.com/post/4...k-and-feminism
Sage Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2006, 04:05 PM   #20
Poweranimals
Foot Soldier
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Reefside, CA
Posts: 216
4Kids is stupid. Yeah, I'm boycotting until I get to see the "lost season".
__________________
Poweranimals is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:10 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.