The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-04-2006, 01:24 PM   #1
TMNT
Foot Soldier
 
TMNT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 227
Kevin Munroe Interview (Yes, Another One But Who's Complaining?)

I found this one at this link:
http://movies.about.com/od/tmnt/a/tmntkm072806.htm

There is also the video for the interview:
http://movies.about.com/library/week...mntmunroe1.htm (Part One)
http://movies.about.com/library/week...mntmunroe2.htm (Part Two)

Basically Kevin Munroe talks about a variety of things revolving around the film; some things are well known by now and others are still being unfolded. He talks about the tone of the film, how long he's been involved, the story in terms of the script, the "hard" rating, and the older audience. Enjoy.
__________________
"We strike hard and fade away into the night." --Vol. 1, Issue 1
TMNT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2006, 02:43 PM   #2
Mecha Cow
Gorgeous and modest too
 
Mecha Cow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 3,699
I know this gets said every time, but this dude really gets it. I can't wait.
__________________
Mecha Cow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2006, 02:54 PM   #3
OA
Scatter the nuns!!
 
OA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 3,981
I really cant wait for the movie...keep looking for previews at the theater but nothing yet....
__________________
OA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2006, 02:58 PM   #4
ThemanthatwouldbeRaphael
Banned
 
ThemanthatwouldbeRaphael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: The Seventh Layer of Hell
Posts: 1,929
Looks like Donnys gonna be playing peacekeeper in this movie.
ThemanthatwouldbeRaphael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 08:44 AM   #5
PizzaPower
Foot Elite
 
PizzaPower's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Pizza Parlor
Posts: 3,200
so this means that the trailer was made in like 2004??
PizzaPower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 09:16 AM   #6
TMNT
Foot Soldier
 
TMNT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 227
I don't think the teaser trailer we saw at Comic Con was done in '04. He mentions that they started the script and layout of the teaser trailer that they showed studios. I remember in another interview Munroe stated that for the studios, he just duplicated one turtle four times and made a teaser. I believe that the teaser shown at Comic Con could've been created earlier but not that soon as they [Kevin and Peter] were still in the initial stages. But then again, I could be wrong. Just my two cents. After you hear so many interviews of the same thing, your mind starts to wander, trying to piece every little thing together.

I'm not worried--I think Kevin has a great handle on the film and franchise. My only concern about the project is that through countless interviews Kevin is stated as saying that film will be 'darker' than the live action ones. The more I read that statement, the more he mentions 'The Third Man' and what not. So by 'darker', does he mean in terms of content or in terms of lighting? I've made this post long enough so I'll end with this:the film is going to be PG rated (we all knew that from the start) and it will have a story and character development for the older fans to appreciate and the kids' stuff as well (because by now, as much as we want to deny it and argue about it, the turtles have turned into a kids brand). But I do believe however that the older fans will be pleased with the outcome. It'll give us faith that yes, the turtles can be taken dare I say, 'seriously'. If this film does well, we'll see even more development. A good example is 'Batman Begins'. A lot of people said there was not enough action but more story and development. I had no problem with that but some did. But the sequel 'Dark Knight' will just be kick-ass now that everyone is developed and known. Hopefully 'TMNT' does well and spawns a kick-ass series and a revival of the 'TMNT' we all know and love (old and new fans alike). I'll end with that. Thanks for listening to that long and boring ramble.
__________________
"We strike hard and fade away into the night." --Vol. 1, Issue 1
TMNT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 07:54 PM   #7
cowabunga14
Lover of Weird Things
 
cowabunga14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: CA
Posts: 4,014
I thought this little video interview was pretty cool. It's always good to know new stuff about the movie.
__________________


How can something so beautiful shine on something so dreadful?
cowabunga14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 07:06 AM   #8
PizzaPower
Foot Elite
 
PizzaPower's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Pizza Parlor
Posts: 3,200
well that was pretty neat.
PizzaPower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 04:17 PM   #9
Leonardo_Warrior_Turtle
Stone Warrior
 
Leonardo_Warrior_Turtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 858
He is so enthastic about this project. I love it! I think he really is a fan. And the fact that Peter Laird is involved with the movie makes me feel good. I don't know how much he was involved with the first film or not. Well, if we can get some great quality that we got from Turtles 2k3, then we should expect this movie to be pretty awesome. Next to Spider-Man 3, it's my most anticipated movie of 2007.
__________________
Leonardo_Warrior_Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006, 03:34 PM   #10
Space Lieutenant Josh
Hench Mutant
 
Space Lieutenant Josh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Village of Rock'n Kick-Ass
Posts: 492
Wow, this is gonna be good, huh?
Space Lieutenant Josh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2006, 04:50 PM   #11
Spike Spiegel
See You Next Mission
 
Spike Spiegel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: At my desk drawing something
Posts: 2,365
Ditto. I can't wait!!
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryomancer View Post
Mirage [is]...a comic about life and how life and the people closest to you just absolutely suck sometimes. It's "adult" in a very real sense, in that it deals with heavy themes that resonate more with adults, not that it's full of blood and titties or whatever.
Quote:
Originally Posted by d_osborn View Post
[TMNT 1990 director Steve] Barron recognized the early Mirage issues as perfect storyboards. It's a shame no other filmmaker has.
Spike Spiegel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2006, 07:47 PM   #12
Toonami Tom
Banned
 
Toonami Tom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: USA
Posts: 4,939
This is great! Thanks for the links. Just like Mecha Cow said, this guy really gets it.
Toonami Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:33 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.