The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > 4Kids TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-16-2006, 09:25 AM   #1
U2WaTCHer
Hench Mutant
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 365
F/F Ratings so far...

Does anyone know the FF ratings? and if FF had enough ratings so far to stay on? Its been on a few weeks. I really wish they would just wake up and call this all a dream.
__________________
Krang
------ Long Live The Krang Legions!------
U2WaTCHer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2006, 01:49 PM   #2
Katie
Just...way too serious.
 
Katie's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: purgatory
Posts: 3,519
it hasn't been long enough for them to make a decision.

Really, the first few episodes is not enough to know because lots of people will tune in out of curiosity even if they have not been watching over the last few years. The real test is how it looks mid season and end of season...and the biggie....NEXT season.
__________________
Katie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 01:17 AM   #3
TheShowstoppa
Stone Warrior
 
TheShowstoppa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Indiana
Posts: 629
Katie, I beg to differ. Ratings now will make a bigger impact on the ratings later in the season. If they find that no one is tuning in now, why continue to do the show even after the movie? The ratings were falling before, why bother now?

Also, we need to know where TMNT stands up to current saturday morning ratings. So basically, it's a good thing he's asking where the ratings are for this season thus far. 3 episodes is usually enough for most networks to decide whether they will keep or can a series. Shasta McNasty (Later just titled Shasta) was cancelled after only 5 episodes on UPN. I thought the show was dumb but hilarious.... however I was the minority. So you saying that where it stands in the mid-season is the most important part is really false. Yeah, they'll keep the show running because they've already done the eps for this season, but if its failing from the beginning, they're not going to push for new episodes anytime soon, especially since the series officially ends with the Lost Season...
__________________

Courtesy of LUCKFF
"I don't know what bothers me more; That this actually worked, or that Don carries around a pigeon puppet." - Mikey: Search for Splinter Pt. 1
TheShowstoppa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 09:24 AM   #4
iris
moddy mod mod
 
iris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: finally escaped the lab
Posts: 1,886
Yes, networks tend to make decisions based on early numbers. TMNT has some leeway, however, especially since the movie promo is expected to gear up in a couple months.
__________________
Appeal to nobler motives. Like pie.
[ life is at best bitter sweet ]
iris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006, 03:45 AM   #5
Nexxorcist
Thug
 
Nexxorcist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 53
in terms of ratings, absolutely NOTHING is even touchin' Avatar: The Last Airbender. I think most of the fox box gets like a 2, and Avatar like a fricken 15. that's crazy
Nexxorcist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006, 11:13 AM   #6
AquaParade
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 8,450
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexxorcist
in terms of ratings, absolutely NOTHING is even touchin' Avatar: The Last Airbender. I think most of the fox box gets like a 2, and Avatar like a fricken 15. that's crazy
I knew that show had to be doing good, all the sudden i keep seeing random commercials that involve avatar...i think it was a fruit roll up commercial or something, and also the burger king avatar toys.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006, 03:37 PM   #7
Nexxorcist
Thug
 
Nexxorcist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by Underoath740
I knew that show had to be doing good, all the sudden i keep seeing random commercials that involve avatar...i think it was a fruit roll up commercial or something, and also the burger king avatar toys.
haha. that show is definitely doin good. the reason being, is because it is really good. it's easily my favorite animated show on tv right now.
Nexxorcist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 05:22 PM   #8
TheShowstoppa
Stone Warrior
 
TheShowstoppa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Indiana
Posts: 629
I figured I would pop this back up because I e-mailed Dan about the ratings for both Fast Forward and the Ninja Tribunal.

Quote:
Howdy Eric,

The ratings for FF are almost exactly that of the past four seasons,
no worse, but unfortunately no better at this time.

I'm afraid that I don't have any reports about the ratings for the
Ninja Tribunal episodes.
Merry Halloween. I suppose we should be keeping an eye on the front around February and March once the new movie starts to pick up some major steam.
__________________

Courtesy of LUCKFF
"I don't know what bothers me more; That this actually worked, or that Don carries around a pigeon puppet." - Mikey: Search for Splinter Pt. 1
TheShowstoppa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 09:17 PM   #9
J Legault
Mad Scientist
 
J Legault's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: West Coast
Posts: 2,054
And till then I'll stay tune to the current FF, if the ratings are decent in all.
__________________
I am a fan of TMNT and I'm still one today.
I got into the habbit back in 1992 or 93' when I was little. I would like to thank my 2 year older cousin for getting me in the habbit. 2001 was when I revised my knowledge on TMNT. And today I'm a bigger fan than I was years ago. I have all 3 TMNT Movies, current Toon, and old school Toon on DVD.
J Legault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 10:50 PM   #10
ThemanthatwouldbeRaphael
Banned
 
ThemanthatwouldbeRaphael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: The Seventh Layer of Hell
Posts: 1,929
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShowstoppa
I figured I would pop this back up because I e-mailed Dan about the ratings for both Fast Forward and the Ninja Tribunal.



Merry Halloween. I suppose we should be keeping an eye on the front around February and March once the new movie starts to pick up some major steam.
I knew there was no point in sticking them in the future. And that confirms it.
ThemanthatwouldbeRaphael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2006, 06:02 AM   #11
PizzaPower
Foot Elite
 
PizzaPower's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Pizza Parlor
Posts: 3,200
so pretty much they could have showed the lost season.
PizzaPower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2006, 06:40 AM   #12
trez
Thug
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 79
Quote:
Originally Posted by PizzaPower
so pretty much they could have showed the lost season.
Yeah, pretty much. What 4Kids doesn't realize is that they can throw all the gadgets and gizmos on the Turtles that they want, but kids are still going to watch the show because its Ninja Turtles. So the whole Fast Forward thing as a way to kind of revamping the show and make it more marketable is really pretty worthless.
trez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2006, 09:00 AM   #13
Stephen
Hench Mutant
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: England
Posts: 427
Quote:
The ratings for FF are almost exactly that of the past four seasons,
no worse, but unfortunately no better at this time.
The lyrics of the FF Theme Song are so true

"the more that things change, the more they also stay the same"
Stephen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2006, 12:53 PM   #14
Drtooth
Foot Elite
 
Drtooth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 4,439
Quote:
Originally Posted by trez
Yeah, pretty much. What 4Kids doesn't realize is that they can throw all the gadgets and gizmos on the Turtles that they want, but kids are still going to watch the show because its Ninja Turtles. So the whole Fast Forward thing as a way to kind of revamping the show and make it more marketable is really pretty worthless.
I thought it was established that Playmates, NOT 4Kids decided to change things around to sell more toys.

Considering it IS their signature show... their anchor, this does worry me. I mean, Chaotic is a cheap piece of crap that was delayed in production like 3 or 4 times. And what exactly is the demand for a show about Pinatas, especially is none of the characters are hispanic/Latino (a lot of shows are made to target this group, e.i Dora the Explora).

The success of FF depends on if the toys are selling. ANd once I can get to a frikkin Target that actually carries them, I can make some assumption on how well its going.
__________________
[Insert mildly amusing banner here]
Drtooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2006, 01:15 PM   #15
Bevandera
Foot Soldier
 
Bevandera's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: California/Florida
Posts: 140
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drtooth
...success of FF depends on if the toys are selling. ANd once I can get to a frikkin Target that actually carries them, I can make some assumption on how well its going.
I don't have access to any retail sales numbers and Playmates hasn't released any financials since the line launched, but they've been having a decent inventory turnover in my area - My Walmart (which still has USAGIS sitting on the shelf) has managed to sell out and restock at least once, the TRU had to restock all 6 pegs within three days of getting them (even the Triple Strikes sold out) and has refilled at least twice since...my Target doesn't seem to carry them either, oddly.
Bevandera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2006, 03:37 PM   #16
ThemanthatwouldbeRaphael
Banned
 
ThemanthatwouldbeRaphael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: The Seventh Layer of Hell
Posts: 1,929
Quote:
Originally Posted by trez
Yeah, pretty much. What 4Kids doesn't realize is that they can throw all the gadgets and gizmos on the Turtles that they want, but kids are still going to watch the show because its Ninja Turtles. So the whole Fast Forward thing as a way to kind of revamping the show and make it more marketable is really pretty worthless.
When are they gonna learn, kids don't buy toys anymore, collecters do.
ThemanthatwouldbeRaphael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2006, 08:45 PM   #17
ThirdMarioBro
Tea Time!
 
ThirdMarioBro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 8,905
So....does this mean the series is close to getting cancelled?
__________________
ThirdMarioBro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2006, 08:52 PM   #18
Spitfire
Writer • Director
 
Spitfire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 12,035
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThemanthatwouldbeRaphael
When are they gonna learn, kids don't buy toys anymore, collecters do.
I doubt there's anyone in Milpitas*Where I live* Who collect TMNT crap but me and like 2 other people. And my Target and Wal-mart is always empty of TMNT toys. I know that theres no collectors because the comic shop stopped carrying turtles comics because of lack of sales.
__________________
Check out my online portfolio
http://www.christopherpelletier.com/
Spitfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2006, 09:19 PM   #19
Ninja Tiptup
Mad Scientist
 
Ninja Tiptup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Washington
Posts: 1,451
Well I don't think I've seen it crack 1.0 yet this season and that's not a good sign. Then again... it's not the lowest rated on 4kidsTV either so I guess it's not doing awful for 4kids...

I'm pretty sure the interest will be lost even if the movie is a success. It seems the turtles will once again be shelved to be brought back again some day in the near future for another audience. While the likes of Power Rangers and Pokemon just keep truck'n along... It hardly seems fair but IMO the "leave and come back" scenario is what makes TMNT so special.
__________________
It's weird to be normal, and it's normal to be weird.
Ninja Tiptup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2006, 09:24 PM   #20
Spitfire
Writer • Director
 
Spitfire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 12,035
Keep in mind when TMNT leaves it comes back fresh, as opposed to Power Rangers where it may keep on going but it's stale and sucks complete ass now.
__________________
Check out my online portfolio
http://www.christopherpelletier.com/
Spitfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:43 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.