The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-02-2006, 03:37 PM   #1
Warhorse
Emperor
 
Warhorse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Florida
Posts: 5,544
Will this movie be in IMAX?

Just wanted to know. Will TMNT 2007 be released in IMAX theaters? Does anyone know?
Warhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2006, 03:46 PM   #2
Spitfire
Writer • Director
 
Spitfire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 12,035
I doubt it, only huge movies get that treatment. Like Batman, Spider-man, Super-man, and so on. IMAX is expensive and risky. It could lose more money then it makes.
__________________
Check out my online portfolio
http://www.christopherpelletier.com/
Spitfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2006, 03:58 PM   #3
gobo
Wacky Action
 
gobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: on Earth
Posts: 12,784
Maybe 'TMNT Reloaded' will get the IMAX treatment, but I seriously doubt it this time around.
__________________
Live and let live... or go to hell.

gobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2006, 04:03 PM   #4
Katie
Just...way too serious.
 
Katie's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: purgatory
Posts: 3,519
how neat would that be, though. surrounded by Turtle action
__________________
Katie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 06:09 PM   #5
Warhorse
Emperor
 
Warhorse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Florida
Posts: 5,544
I wish they would re-release the original movie in IMAX formation. That would be so cool.
Warhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 09:50 PM   #6
ThemanthatwouldbeRaphael
Banned
 
ThemanthatwouldbeRaphael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: The Seventh Layer of Hell
Posts: 1,929
Depends, if this movie is a box office smash, maybe it may get the IMAX treatment.
ThemanthatwouldbeRaphael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006, 07:17 PM   #7
Warhorse
Emperor
 
Warhorse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Florida
Posts: 5,544
They need to start with the promoting of this movie. Remember how far in advanced they began promoting Spiderman?

They should start by sticking the turtles in The Macy's Thanksgiving Parade!
Warhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2006, 08:48 PM   #8
CJStyles
Hench Mutant
 
CJStyles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 277
I would love to see the TMNT movie in IMAX, it would give it an interesting feel to it
__________________
CJStyles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2006, 10:17 PM   #9
iris
moddy mod mod
 
iris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: finally escaped the lab
Posts: 1,886
The only IMAX theatres I know are in the Smithsonian and science museums... and if they show non-sciencey movies I've never heard of it. Are there other kinds of IMAX..?
__________________
Appeal to nobler motives. Like pie.
[ life is at best bitter sweet ]
iris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2006, 10:57 PM   #10
gobo
Wacky Action
 
gobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: on Earth
Posts: 12,784
Matrix Reloaded was the first hollywood blockbuster to get the IMAX treatment. Most recently, they did Superman Returns in 3D. I had to go to another state for that one since Katrina had to go flood our good IMAX. Stupid hurricanes...
__________________
Live and let live... or go to hell.

gobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 12:49 AM   #11
Ecto Jedi
Denki Wo Kitte Kudasai
 
Ecto Jedi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 2,439
Quote:
Originally Posted by iris View Post
The only IMAX theatres I know are in the Smithsonian and science museums... and if they show non-sciencey movies I've never heard of it. Are there other kinds of IMAX..?
Of course there are. The IMAX theatres I've been to are part of a much larger theatre complex and, though they occasionally show documentaries and the like, are mostly used for regular Hollywood films. Wasn't Batman Begins released in IMAX, too?

The last IMAX movie I saw was Poseidon. Now that was a grand experience.
Ecto Jedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 07:25 AM   #12
iris
moddy mod mod
 
iris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: finally escaped the lab
Posts: 1,886
Thanks, guys. I quit being lazy and looked up the IMAX theatres in the Greater Baltimore-Washington Area, and they really are only museum-related around here, so I guess that explains why I don't know anyone who's seen a regular movie on IMAX. Maybe there's less demand around here too... I know of more theatres that have closed than have opened in the past 15 years. Plus people are used to thinking of IMAX as museum-related, since that's how it was introduced here, years ago.

OK, now I have another question. Does the film have to be in some different format for IMAX? Because, if not, maybe special screenings could be arranged in certain places... then it wouldn't be a huge financial risk.
__________________
Appeal to nobler motives. Like pie.
[ life is at best bitter sweet ]
iris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 04:57 PM   #13
Raph's Girl
Dierna Soul, Reporter
 
Raph's Girl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Jakku
Posts: 10,831
Quote:
Originally Posted by iris View Post
OK, now I have another question. Does the film have to be in some different format for IMAX? Because, if not, maybe special screenings could be arranged in certain places... then it wouldn't be a huge financial risk.
Imax is basically a regular movie done 3D-ish.
Go here for further info on how an Imax works:
http://www.1570films.com/imax.htm

Now I'd love to see any TMNT movie done in Imax... only problem is that the only Imax theatres in the area (3 of em) are in Seattle....And that alone is annoying as all heck for those living in Tacoma.
__________________
Raph's Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 05:14 PM   #14
Ecto Jedi
Denki Wo Kitte Kudasai
 
Ecto Jedi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 2,439
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raph's Girl View Post
Imax is basically a regular movie done 3D-ish.
Though they aren't necessarily 3D, as in the case of Poseidon. The same movie, just with way better sound and a gigantic, three-storey-tall screen.
Ecto Jedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:24 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.