The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Fan Creations > Fan Works Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-19-2007, 01:26 AM   #1
Sliced
Stone Warrior
 
Sliced's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Right behind you
Posts: 793
Art sample of my up coming tmnt comic.

So, I have a comic in progress, and this is pretty much how the finished art is gonna look like. Its nothing big for now as I'm only testing what kind of art style I'm gonna use for my comic, but this will give ya a good idea of what the whole thing might look like. I want this to be as realistic as possible, so its alot of work. But I'll try to update this on a regular basis to show you more of the characters and background you might be able to see in my comic...

This is an unfinished raph I did yesterday. Its really just to give ya an idea of where I'm going with this. I'm open to suggestions and I encourage you guys to comment on what you're going to see in this thread. As its gonna help me alot to know if something is wrong with a head design or anything. Just be honest and It'll be grandly appreciated.

__________________

Last edited by Sliced; 02-19-2007 at 01:46 AM.
Sliced is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 01:27 AM   #2
Sewer Bull
Devil's Advocate
 
Sewer Bull's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 4,768
Nothing can be seen.
__________________

Soooo... THIS is how you spend your free time now?!
Sewer Bull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 01:31 AM   #3
Sliced
Stone Warrior
 
Sliced's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Right behind you
Posts: 793
Jeez, gimme time to upload the pic there buddy. Its the second time I post something and you reply to it in less than a minute.. Now its there...
__________________
Sliced is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 01:58 AM   #4
Sewer Bull
Devil's Advocate
 
Sewer Bull's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 4,768
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliced View Post
Its the second time I post something and you reply to it in less than a minute..
I'm Sewer "Faster Than Life" Bull, kiddo.

Well... the pic looks fine to me. More like a cover actually than a comic excerpt, tho'. I wish to see something more than just a head - because the head is fine.

But yeah - it's good that you're planning some comic to draw. With your talent and skills, this ought to be something worth reading. Is it going to be fully-coloured or just B/W?
__________________

Soooo... THIS is how you spend your free time now?!
Sewer Bull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 07:27 AM   #5
Buslady
WingsOfDarkness! Perkele!
 
Buslady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: In 7803...
Posts: 4,366
AWWWW why is my boy cryin? *Snuggles*


gorgeous...got more?
__________________
Buslady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 10:33 AM   #6
Sliced
Stone Warrior
 
Sliced's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Right behind you
Posts: 793
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sewer Bull View Post
I'm Sewer "Faster Than Life" Bull, kiddo.

Well... the pic looks fine to me. More like a cover actually than a comic excerpt, tho'. I wish to see something more than just a head - because the head is fine.

But yeah - it's good that you're planning some comic to draw. With your talent and skills, this ought to be something worth reading. Is it going to be fully-coloured or just B/W?
Well the whole comic is gonna look like that pic you see right there. Its not a cover, its just a scene of my comic. Like I said, I want this to look as realistic as possible. So its gonna be a whole pain in the a$$ to make, but its gonna be worth it.

And like I said, I'm gonna post more art than simply this head. You'll be able to see alot.

And thanks for the nice words there Bully boy, you just made my day! As for the coloring, I want to do it in color, but if really its too much job to do, I might switch to black and white... I'm gonna know what I do with this once I made a few pages.

Buslady, don't worry, raph is simply about to kick some serious a$$. Nothing to worry about, for now.
__________________
Sliced is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 10:39 AM   #7
Spawn Guy
Mad Scientist
 
Spawn Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Earth 616
Posts: 1,481
You probably already offered, but when Ultimate NT gets off the ground, would you be interested helping out with some artwork?
__________________


THE TECHNODROME'S LITTLE YELLOW BOX LOVER

madpiratebunny (19:26:51): oh goodness, I've got an idea
SpawnGuyThing (19:26:57): Do tell
madpiratebunny (19:27:02): nononono
madpiratebunny (19:27:05): no telling
SpawnGuyThing (19:27:10): ...
SpawnGuyThing (19:27:27): But I'm the imaginery friend you always wanted
SpawnGuyThing (19:27:36): Your supposed to tell me everything
Spawn Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 11:11 AM   #8
Sliced
Stone Warrior
 
Sliced's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Right behind you
Posts: 793
I don't know if I will have time to help. This comic is gonna take alot of my time, plus my job and all. For now the answer is no, but you'll have to ask me again when the project is ready, to see if I have more free time.
__________________
Sliced is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 11:36 AM   #9
Masked Ninja
Doodles TMNT for fun
 
Masked Ninja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: sploshin' through some sewer...
Posts: 2,137
That's pretty cool indeed... makes me curious to see the comic itself once you get that off the ground.
Masked Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 11:38 AM   #10
Aignatius
Hench Mutant
 
Aignatius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: California
Posts: 318
Nice artowrk. A poignant scene that tugged at my heart.

So, in other words, Sliced, Raph will feel better when he makes someone else cry?
__________________
I never realized how thirsty I was until I met a glass of water.
Aignatius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 10:36 PM   #11
Sliced
Stone Warrior
 
Sliced's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Right behind you
Posts: 793
Mr. Casey Jones.



I'm gonna say it again, this is not a cover, this is how the comic will look like, well pretty much...

Now I'm gonna let you guys pick the next character : Karai, Splinter, April or... Shredder. I don't want to create a poll for this, so I'm gonna give you guys 2 days. Just place those characters in the order you would like them to appear and I'll do the first overall pick. This tremendous offer will end friday 12:30 am!
__________________
Sliced is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 10:51 PM   #12
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,296
If that's the art style for a whole comic...man won't that take you forever to "draw"?

oh...and Shredder...no Splinter...either or. I ain't picky.
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 01:21 AM   #13
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!
 
VaughnMichael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 11,833
interesting to say the least and casey looks a bit to much like a stoner for my tatse lol
VaughnMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 01:34 AM   #14
Raven
follower of Jesus
 
Raven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 6,212
I like the photoshop elements, there really outstanding but the only thing that keeps me from saying there perfect is the drawing it self.

Raph looks good but its kind of hard to tell from just a head shot from that POV, but on the other hand Casey looks really abstract. If your going for that then you nailed it, but if not I would try to mess around with it more, it really looks like its just off by a bit. Just for example, Casey has some really small lips that dont match up with the rest of his head, the eyes stand out the most, there just a bit to far to the right.

um I dont know if that really came out real clear, I'll try again, for casey your using a semi side shot but a few things look like there pointing at us more, if you could adjust that it would look alot better.

Did that make any sence?
Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 02:40 AM   #15
Sewer Bull
Devil's Advocate
 
Sewer Bull's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 4,768
Damn. You managed to post a pic when I wasn't around so I couldn't make any retarded comment this time.

Raven is right about Casey's face. His lips and eyes look very "en face" whereas the rest of his face is definitely not.

And I vote for SHREDDER.
__________________

Soooo... THIS is how you spend your free time now?!
Sewer Bull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 05:49 AM   #16
Sliced
Stone Warrior
 
Sliced's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Right behind you
Posts: 793
Quote:
If that's the art style for a whole comic...man won't that take you forever to "draw"?
Yeah its gonna be a long process, but there won't always be that amount of details. These pics are quite large, its just for the introduction of the characters and the other elements of the comic. I'm pretty much sure that considering the time it took me for casey and raph, I could do a chapter/month (about 15-20 pages).

Quote:
interesting to say the least and casey looks a bit to much like a stoner for my tatse lol
Exactly what I was aiming for. Casey had some.... rough months. Might not be what you're expecting though.


Quote:
Raph looks good but its kind of hard to tell from just a head shot from that POV
Yeah that pic is a teaser. I'm gonna make a full turtle in a near future.

And as for those lips and eyes, they do are really ''en face'' like SB said. I'm gonna correct that tonight. Its so obvious, makes me wonder how I could miss it

Well thanks guys, I appreciate the help. And don't worry, this might sound like a crazy project, but I'm serious about it.
__________________
Sliced is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 11:36 AM   #17
hazlov2004
Mad Scientist
 
hazlov2004's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Conyers GA
Posts: 1,272
im looking forword to it
__________________
Im a silly and random person
hazlov2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 04:22 PM   #18
Buslady
WingsOfDarkness! Perkele!
 
Buslady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: In 7803...
Posts: 4,366
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliced View Post

Buslady, don't worry, raph is simply about to kick some serious a$$. Nothing to worry about, for now.

That's my boy! haaaahaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!
__________________
Buslady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 11:46 PM   #19
Raven
follower of Jesus
 
Raven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 6,212
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliced View Post
And as for those lips and eyes, they do are really ''en face'' like SB said. I'm gonna correct that tonight. Its so obvious, makes me wonder how I could miss it

Well thanks guys, I appreciate the help. And don't worry, this might sound like a crazy project, but I'm serious about it.
Dont you hate that, thats happened to me a thousands of times.

Like Spawn Guy has already said it would be cool if you would even do some covers for Ultimate Ninja Turtles or even did some photo shop to my art if thats easier for you, because damn what you've shown here is amazing.


Oh and I also say Shredder!
Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 09:39 AM   #20
Mr. Stay Puft
Stone Warrior
 
Mr. Stay Puft's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: NH
Posts: 580
All I have to say is this: Shredder.
__________________


And there came a day. A day unlike any other, when Earth’s mightiest heroes found themselves united against a common threat, to fight the foes no single superhero could withstand. On that day, the Avengers were born.

R.I.P Chi Cheng and Jeff Hanneman
Mr. Stay Puft is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:31 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.