The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-16-2007, 10:42 PM   #1
Quiet_Guy
Foot Soldier
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 166
Which do you like better?

The different shade of green the Turtles had for 2k3 series or the Turtles being the same shade of green?
Quiet_Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 11:22 PM   #2
Revan
Han Shot First
 
Revan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Paper Street Soap Company
Posts: 3,687
I love the diff color schemes. It adds to their individuality similar to the way their bandanas do. Some people prefer the mirage red bandanas but I think it was a genius idea to give each turtle his own hue. I enjoy how each turtle is his own "person" and their skin color contributes to their identities.
__________________
Revan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 11:30 PM   #3
SpiderHulkThing
Thug
 
SpiderHulkThing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 86
I like them having different shades of green as well. I think that one of the reasons why the screwed the voices up so much in the 80/90s toon is because the turtles were all the same color. Of course, they pumped a lot more episodes out in a year with the old toon as well and didn't do adaquate editing, but i'm sure if each turtle was a different shade of green, then they wouldn't have messed up as much.
__________________
Selling Old School TMNT, Now with Pics!

NEW LOWER PRICES

http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=18449
SpiderHulkThing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2007, 12:08 AM   #4
oldshreddersgirl
Thug
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 65
heh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neutrino View Post
I love the diff color schemes. It adds to their individuality similar to the way their bandanas do. Some people prefer the mirage red bandanas but I think it was a genius idea to give each turtle his own hue. I enjoy how each turtle is his own "person" and their skin color contributes to their identities.
though i perfer the older cartoons, the color they had now are pretty cool but then the turtles would look good in any shade of green lol oh wait. except for any green too light lol
__________________
Redman:]
Ah, dirrty (dirrty)
Filthy (filthy)
Nasty (Christina), you nasty (yeah)
Too dirrty to clean my act up
If you ain't dirrty
You ain't here to party (woo!)

Lyrics from "Dirrty" by Christina Aguilera THE BADDEST SONG EVER! BOW DOWN!
oldshreddersgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2007, 02:16 AM   #5
Masked Ninja
Doodles TMNT for fun
 
Masked Ninja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: sploshin' through some sewer...
Posts: 2,137
I like the different colors. It's also cool that each Turtle's green in the 2k3 toon are best suited to their masks, if you think about complementary colors.
Masked Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2007, 01:14 PM   #6
Spike Spiegel
See You Next Mission
 
Spike Spiegel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: At my desk drawing something
Posts: 2,365
Differnt shades sort of defined the characters, even tho there is a classic element to the same colors.
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryomancer View Post
Mirage [is]...a comic about life and how life and the people closest to you just absolutely suck sometimes. It's "adult" in a very real sense, in that it deals with heavy themes that resonate more with adults, not that it's full of blood and titties or whatever.
Quote:
Originally Posted by d_osborn View Post
[TMNT 1990 director Steve] Barron recognized the early Mirage issues as perfect storyboards. It's a shame no other filmmaker has.
Spike Spiegel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2007, 03:24 PM   #7
discordiatookie
facehugger
 
discordiatookie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland
Posts: 2,817
I dig the different shades! As a whippersnapper, playing Turtles In Time for the snes, there was an option for if you wanted them to be the same colour or different shades... I always picked the different shades!!!

DIFFERENT SHADES FTW!!!
__________________
Oh Discordia! Charyou Tree! Come, Reap!
Don't tell us to grow up and out of it
I got my cloak and dagger in a bar room brawl

You actually trying to read this tiny text? Damn, you're dedicated! This is all just for effect you know...

original TMNT art collection
discordiatookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2007, 04:32 PM   #8
Cure
Y'all need Jesus
 
Cure's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 8,938
I, too, enjoy the different shades rather than the same ones. You should have added a poll.
__________________
Cure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2007, 04:48 PM   #9
ThemanthatwouldbeRaphael
Banned
 
ThemanthatwouldbeRaphael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: The Seventh Layer of Hell
Posts: 1,929
I like the different shades.
ThemanthatwouldbeRaphael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2007, 11:01 PM   #10
StealthNinjaScyther
Foot Soldier
 
StealthNinjaScyther's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 208
Yeah, so where did the different shades originate anyway? They've been around since well before 2K3. I have at least one kids book that uses the same coloring scheme and as already mentioned it's an option in Turtles in Time for the SNES. The book is from 1990 so it must have started pretty early on.
StealthNinjaScyther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2007, 11:02 PM   #11
Time Mistress
Stone Warrior
 
Time Mistress's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Pennshellvania, or the 79th level of Null-Time
Posts: 710
Anything that helps me tell the TMNT apart I like best.
__________________
AKA the Edwardian Adventuress and Fairlady_Z



"You just made your last mistake, Bugeyes -- 'cuz nobody beats up my best buddy and gets away with it -- Nobody! Got that?!"
Raphael about Michaelangelo, TMNT Volume 1
Time Mistress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2007, 11:22 PM   #12
Spitfire
Writer • Director
 
Spitfire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 12,035
The different shades were liked makers of the old toon at one point as well you can tell since the figures are all different shades of green.

I always liked it, it gave me the impression they were all different turtles, as opposed to all being hatched from the same batch of eggs. Which realistically is what would have happened but it's not realistic is freaking TMNT.
__________________
Check out my online portfolio
http://www.christopherpelletier.com/
Spitfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 12:31 AM   #13
Sage Ninja
Band of the Hawk
 
Sage Ninja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: USA
Posts: 3,926
I like the diffrent shades of green the turtles have in the 2k3 series. I think they are all pretty shades of green too.

Leonardo: is a sort of emerald green

Donatello: is sort of a olive, or brownish green

Michaelangelo: is sort of a standard green or perhaps a pine tree green (some argue he is a sea green)

Raphael: is sort of hunter green, or forest green.

Any way I like their colour schemes, they make them unique and like some one lese mentioned, their color schemes are unconsciencely complentary to their colored masks.
__________________

Cassandra: You won't fight me, but will you fight--for him!

Cassandra's Revenge

~Tangled the Series
________________________________
http://frankviola.org/2012/01/30/godsviewofawoman/
_______________________________
http://nox-artemis.tumblr.com/post/4...k-and-feminism
Sage Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 04:44 AM   #14
discordiatookie
facehugger
 
discordiatookie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland
Posts: 2,817
Quote:
Originally Posted by StealthNinjaScyther View Post
Yeah, so where did the different shades originate anyway? They've been around since well before 2K3. I have at least one kids book that uses the same coloring scheme and as already mentioned it's an option in Turtles in Time for the SNES. The book is from 1990 so it must have started pretty early on.
I honestly dunno where it started, but the original figures are all different shades too! (which was very cooly echoed by the 2K3 line!)
__________________
Oh Discordia! Charyou Tree! Come, Reap!
Don't tell us to grow up and out of it
I got my cloak and dagger in a bar room brawl

You actually trying to read this tiny text? Damn, you're dedicated! This is all just for effect you know...

original TMNT art collection
discordiatookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 07:29 AM   #15
Warhorse
Emperor
 
Warhorse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Florida
Posts: 5,544
I like the different shades, as well as the different colored masks.

I also like how the movies give them different shapes and sizes as well. The more different they are drawn, the more mysterious and awe inspiring they become.
Warhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 11:20 AM   #16
shellofinsanity
Thug
 
shellofinsanity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Fort Worth
Posts: 85
I like it, i dont like the new show, but the colors are alright, kinda like the old school action figures i still have somewhere
shellofinsanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 12:17 PM   #17
Raph86
Random Punk
 
Raph86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Hickville, USA
Posts: 30
Only weird thing i noticed is that Mikey used to be forest green, but in the new toon Raph is forest green.
__________________
"Hey we spent half our lives crawling around the bottom of a glass bowl, and we ain't going back." -Raphael

My DA http://hammerfallen.deviantart.com/
Raph86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 01:33 AM   #18
Sage Ninja
Band of the Hawk
 
Sage Ninja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: USA
Posts: 3,926
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhorse View Post
I like the different shades, as well as the different colored masks.

I also like how the movies give them different shapes and sizes as well. The more different they are drawn, the more mysterious and awe inspiring they become.
I actually don't really care for the turtles being diffrent sizes. Diffrent heights are ok if they don't make it to ridculous (like making one turtle a juggernut and another a scrawny shrimp), as long as they all look poerful and muscular.

In the old toon the turtles where all the same shade of green, but I think by season four the animators gave the turtles a rather nice vibrant color of green. They where sort of a deep jade green from season four on. In season one the where more of an olive green, any one notice that? and season two and three, what shade of green they was on the colorist good humour.
__________________

Cassandra: You won't fight me, but will you fight--for him!

Cassandra's Revenge

~Tangled the Series
________________________________
http://frankviola.org/2012/01/30/godsviewofawoman/
_______________________________
http://nox-artemis.tumblr.com/post/4...k-and-feminism
Sage Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:10 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.