The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-24-2007, 02:29 PM   #1
Krutch
Like, stupid rich.
 
Krutch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: The Rawkzone
Posts: 2,808
Well sh*t, that didn't take long...

Well, its been released for about 24 hours and already theres already 3 different bootlegs floating the internet. 2 of them are actually real good quality.

This just upsets me since I know easy it is to get these, and how many people dont even go see movies in the theater cuz all they have to do is wait about 3 days before a "good enough" copy if it is all over the net.

I just hope the movie does really, really well cuz its a great movie that deserves to be seen in theaters.

Last edited by Anarky; 03-24-2007 at 03:09 PM. Reason: Link to bootleg source removed
Krutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 02:42 PM   #2
jezza
Foot Soldier
 
jezza's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Surrey, UK
Posts: 170
This happens to all movies though. It is a shame but people will gladly accept anything for free if they want it. I think people will look pass the bootlegs though and experience it in the cinema if they are keen enough. It deserves to be that way. Do you think most of the public would really want to see 300 with grainy footage and poor sound quality? where is the fun in that?
__________________

"You fight as brothers"
jezza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 02:44 PM   #3
xChri5x
Stone Warrior
 
xChri5x's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 901
Whether I download it or not, I'm still buying the DVD and I've seen it in theaters at least once
xChri5x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 02:46 PM   #4
Krutch
Like, stupid rich.
 
Krutch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: The Rawkzone
Posts: 2,808
I think if uve seen it twice its ok to download it, since uve basically paid the price of the DVD..
Krutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 02:54 PM   #5
Willis
Thug
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 64
I swear some movies need metal detectors just to get into. I can understand people ripping a DVD or something but come on sneaking camera's in that's just cheap.

Oh well, life goes on. We did our part and went to the theater.
Willis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 03:02 PM   #6
Sewer Bull
Devil's Advocate
 
Sewer Bull's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 4,768
You'd better put these images down, Juggalo. They contain the site's address and bootlegs' proper names. That would make it much easier for some people to track them down.
__________________

Soooo... THIS is how you spend your free time now?!
Sewer Bull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 03:36 PM   #7
coryroo24
Hench Mutant
 
coryroo24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 448
This is a response to the high ticket prices of a movie theater. You are better off waiting for the dvd than to go see the movie, especially with the lower priced high def tvs. Theaters are not long for this world, unless some changes are made...imax for example.
__________________
coryroo24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 03:51 PM   #8
Fledermaus
Mad Scientist
 
Fledermaus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: SoCal
Posts: 1,115
Quote:
Originally Posted by coryroo24 View Post
This is a response to the high ticket prices of a movie theater. You are better off waiting for the dvd than to go see the movie, especially with the lower priced high def tvs. Theaters are not long for this world, unless some changes are made...imax for example.
What the hell are you talking about? The movie experience is WAY better than the small screen of a computer or TV. You need the huge screen to feel the impact of the scenes so much better in the theater.

Don't listen to this joker. You're cutting yourself short if you limit yourself if you don't treat yourself to the movie experience. At least see it once. It's just seven bucks, and besides -- you should do all you can to help TMNT get to 100mil in the domestic boxoffice. This movie's worth a good DVD release and a sequel.
__________________
We're calling it a freeway. Eight lanes of shimmering cement running from here to Pasadena. Smooth, safe, fast. Traffic jams will be a thing of the past. I see a place where people get on and off the freeway. On and off, off and on all day, all night! Soon there will be a string of gas stations, inexpensive motels, restaurants that serve rapidly prepared food! Tire salons, automobile dealerships and wonderful, wonderful billboards reaching as far as the eye can see! My God... It'll be beautiful.
Fledermaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 04:00 PM   #9
Willis
Thug
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by coryroo24 View Post
This is a response to the high ticket prices of a movie theater. You are better off waiting for the dvd than to go see the movie, especially with the lower priced high def tvs. Theaters are not long for this world, unless some changes are made...imax for example.
High prices? For me it was only $7.50 to go see the movie.

Unless your a person who wants to see every movie that comes into the theater I don't see that as expensive.
Willis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 04:14 PM   #10
Krutch
Like, stupid rich.
 
Krutch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: The Rawkzone
Posts: 2,808
Sorry for not editing the link out of the pic. I was jus so angry that already 3 releases were out. Sorry.

My ticket price was 11 bucks btw.
Krutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 04:19 PM   #11
Kunoichi_Haruko
A shell of a good hit!
 
Kunoichi_Haruko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Richmond, Va.
Posts: 1,685
Yeah, I paid $10. Granted, I used Fandango, but still it would've been $9 if I hadn't.
__________________
Kunoichi_Haruko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 04:22 PM   #12
Ralphmacchio
Thug
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 83
I paid 6 bucks and saw reign over me as well, this was also in manhattan. You can sneak into movies quite easily there.
Ralphmacchio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 04:35 PM   #13
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,295
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juggalo View Post
I think if uve seen it twice its ok to download it, since uve basically paid the price of the DVD..
What if you and a date took it in? Can you DL after one viewing?
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 04:37 PM   #14
Kunoichi_Haruko
A shell of a good hit!
 
Kunoichi_Haruko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Richmond, Va.
Posts: 1,685
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
What if you and a date took it in? Can you DL after one viewing?
::smacks Jester on the wrist::

Smartass...
__________________
Kunoichi_Haruko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 04:59 PM   #15
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,295
They don't call me Jester cause I play for the Yankees...ok that made no sense.
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 05:42 PM   #16
jeff the cheff
Mad Scientist
 
jeff the cheff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: 122 and an eighth
Posts: 2,129
I'm probably going to end up downloading it sometime. I just saw it in theatres and I plan on buying it on DVD, but I don't want to wait that long to see it again!
jeff the cheff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 05:47 PM   #17
Fledermaus
Mad Scientist
 
Fledermaus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: SoCal
Posts: 1,115
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff the cheff View Post
I'm probably going to end up downloading it sometime. I just saw it in theatres and I plan on buying it on DVD, but I don't want to wait that long to see it again!
Likewise. I'm doing all I can to financially support the success of this movie.

Well, I still have to go to school and get good grades and work, but you know what I mean.
__________________
We're calling it a freeway. Eight lanes of shimmering cement running from here to Pasadena. Smooth, safe, fast. Traffic jams will be a thing of the past. I see a place where people get on and off the freeway. On and off, off and on all day, all night! Soon there will be a string of gas stations, inexpensive motels, restaurants that serve rapidly prepared food! Tire salons, automobile dealerships and wonderful, wonderful billboards reaching as far as the eye can see! My God... It'll be beautiful.
Fledermaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 06:30 PM   #18
Splinter's Iroonna
Hench Mutant
 
Splinter's Iroonna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 401
One of my students mentioned that HE would get the bootleg this weekend (this on Thursday, when I was reminding them I would be absent Friday, and when others said that they actually had plans to see the film on Saturday)-- I shut him and others down right away--

"Do NOT bring it to school! Do not even TALK about bootlegs around me! I do NOT want to know what goes on in your family-- what you do at home is private-- but to ME bootlegs are stealing, and if you bring me one, I will give it to the police, though I will NOT say where I got it from." And more lectures like that.

Anyway, I'm sure it's already being sold in the laundry mats and other gathering places of South Central-- and tomorrow, at the Swap Meets, it will be available for 5 to 7 dollars a pop-- but I want the MOVIE to make money, not anyone who simply wishes to leech off of the hard work of others.
__________________
Original banner by Imagi, comments/adaptations by Ninjatron-- check out his blog!
http://astroboyworld.blogspot.com/
Splinter's Iroonna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 06:35 PM   #19
Fledermaus
Mad Scientist
 
Fledermaus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: SoCal
Posts: 1,115
Quote:
Originally Posted by Splinter's Iroonna View Post
One of my students mentioned that HE would get the bootleg this weekend (this on Thursday, when I was reminding them I would be absent Friday, and when others said that they actually had plans to see the film on Saturday)-- I shut him and others down right away--

"Do NOT bring it to school! Do not even TALK about bootlegs around me! I do NOT want to know what goes on in your family-- what you do at home is private-- but to ME bootlegs are stealing, and if you bring me one, I will give it to the police, though I will NOT say where I got it from." And more lectures like that.

Anyway, I'm sure it's already being sold in the laundry mats and other gathering places of South Central-- and tomorrow, at the Swap Meets, it will be available for 5 to 7 dollars a pop-- but I want the MOVIE to make money, not anyone who simply wishes to leech off of the hard work of others.
Did you tell them why specifically, TMNT needs to make money, and why it is at unlucky risk of not making enough money? This isn't just some POTC blockbuster that everyone will know will rock. This is something that people aren't sure of. TMNT's success depends critically on how well it does at the box office.
__________________
We're calling it a freeway. Eight lanes of shimmering cement running from here to Pasadena. Smooth, safe, fast. Traffic jams will be a thing of the past. I see a place where people get on and off the freeway. On and off, off and on all day, all night! Soon there will be a string of gas stations, inexpensive motels, restaurants that serve rapidly prepared food! Tire salons, automobile dealerships and wonderful, wonderful billboards reaching as far as the eye can see! My God... It'll be beautiful.
Fledermaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 07:25 PM   #20
gobo
Wacky Action
 
gobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: on Earth
Posts: 12,784
Someone should upload a bunch of random other movies on these sites using the proper download names to make the actual bootlegs of TMNT that much harder to find. Pirates will get tired of trial and nothing but error, and they may decide to break down and brave the sun burning their skin off so they can buy a ticket at its lowest rate, the cheap-anus bastards... That'll show 'em.
__________________
Live and let live... or go to hell.

gobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:56 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.