The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-03-2007, 10:52 AM   #1
Sage Ninja
Band of the Hawk
 
Sage Ninja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: USA
Posts: 3,926
If the turtles didn't Know each other

Do you think that if the turtles didn't already know each other and grew up together as brothers that they would still be friends? Or do you think that given the fact they they are the only have each other in the world that that is the reason they like each other. Would they have anything to do with each other if their circumstances where diffrent?

Lets say there is an alteternate reality where the turtles didn't grow up together as brothers and they did not know each other (like say they are all human teenagers that meet up in High school for the first time.) Do you think the turtles would like each other and possiable become friends with one another? Or do you think given their differing personalites and interests that if they wheren't already brothers they wouldn't have any thing to do with each other?

Which set of brothers do you think would like each other and become friends? Which set of brothers would only be polite aquantices. Which set of brothers would be completely turned off by the others personality and mannerisms and hate/sat away from each other?

I'm talking 2k3 personalites or Ot personalites of the turtles.
__________________

Cassandra: You won't fight me, but will you fight--for him!

Cassandra's Revenge

~Tangled the Series
________________________________
http://frankviola.org/2012/01/30/godsviewofawoman/
_______________________________
http://nox-artemis.tumblr.com/post/4...k-and-feminism
Sage Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 10:53 AM   #2
ToTheNines
Col. Stinkmeaner
 
ToTheNines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 19,190
I think I would hate my sister if she wasn't my sister, so I don't think they'd be very tight. I can see Leo and Don being freinds mabey, and of course Mike and Don from the 1st film.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 11:00 AM   #3
Revan
Han Shot First
 
Revan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Paper Street Soap Company
Posts: 3,687
If they would have grown up apart, they probabaly would have ZERO things in common with each other. I'd bet that their personalities would be different as well. It's the whole nature/nurture discussion. They are who they are now because of the way they have been nurtured. Had they grown up all alone, they would probably exibit more animal traits than human ones.

I watched a documentary about a boy who literally grew up in the wild with no parents to teach him how to speak or the ways of society. When he was found by scientists, they tried for years to rehabilitate the boy back into society but they could not. The scientists determined that if one does not learn a first language before the first 4 years, they never will.
The POINT is, if they had all grown up apart, who would Splinter raise? Without a father, they do not know ninjitsu, they cannot speak, and they proabably rely on their animal insticts to survive.

To answer the question, they may become friends with each other but their personalities would be so different from being alone their entire life they may just prefer to be alone since that is what they were used to.
__________________
Revan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 11:01 AM   #4
Nightwatcher
Foot Soldier
 
Nightwatcher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Posts: 124
Well in the original OT they all seemd to get along really well (at least in the first seasons) so I imagine they would be friends. I didn't watch enough of 2K3 to be able to give an opinion on that.
__________________
Nightwatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 11:28 AM   #5
Warhorse
Emperor
 
Warhorse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Florida
Posts: 5,544
Going by the 2k3 toon. If I was to take into account that the Turtles still had the same personalities and quirks intact, they just never knew eachother prior to high school. I would imagine Raph and Leo would probably become really good friends, in a perspective that there would be no bitter competition being unfolded between the two that there would have been growing up with eachother under Splinter's helm.

But I think Donnie and Mikey would be the odd ball ones out. They would have had found their own circle of friends. Donnie with the intelligent community, Mikey would have gone with the surfer, party dudes, or even as one of the popuar crowd, giving his nature of being a natural ham.
Warhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 11:34 AM   #6
Scandia
Mad Scientist
 
Scandia's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Florida
Posts: 2,265
I have pondered before what would the Turtles be like without Splinter. But this is a different issue.

If they were human boys who grew up in different families and happened to be in the same grade at the same school and would at least take one class all together...

- Leo and Donnie would be in at least one honors/advanced class together. They may join a club together as well. They would even be in an academic team together.

- Raph and Mikey would play together. Not sure if they would be in an athletic team together- both seem more interested in individual sports.

- Donnie and Mikey would not run into each other all that much. I do not see these two becoming friends if they are not raised together.

- Raph and Leo may be rivals if they are in a martial arts club together. Otherwise there would not be that much interaction or even sharing of the same classes and activities.

- Leo and Mikey would interact very little as well.

- Ditto for Donnie and Raph.

So in conclusion, the likeliest to be buds with each other would be Leo and Donnie. They would be followed by Raph and Mikey.

I doubt they would all be friends together as a foursome.
__________________


Turtles fight with honor!!!
Scandia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 12:36 PM   #7
triplexxx
Mad Scientist
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,809
Well, it's hard to say, as familes:
OT turtles: very friendly, enjoyed each other.
NT turtles: fought somewhat more, but still a very friendly and compatible family.

The thing is, if they never knew each other before, not only would their similarities be less, but their differences would be also; as brothers, they kinda helped make each other who they are. I suppose if they were all raised with the same sense of morality, like the kind Splinter taught them, and gave it some time, they could all be good friends.
__________________
Please don't shoot me Mr. Big Mike. I'm too young and good-looking to die, well too young. I got a father, I got a mother, I got a grandmother, I got a little sister...and a little brother this high (raises hand), and a little brother this high (lowers hand), and little brother this high (lowers hand), and a little brother this high (lowers hand), and a little brother this high (lowers hand) and then I got a great big brother this high (slaps gun and runs).
"Fright Night" - Three Stooges
triplexxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 12:44 PM   #8
KROW
Meat-n-Potatoes Man
 
KROW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: State's Anus, NY
Posts: 6,472
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage Ninja View Post
Do you think that if the turtles didn't already know each other and grew up together as brothers that they would still be friends? Or do you think that given the fact they they are the only have each other in the world that that is the reason they like each other. Would they have anything to do with each other if their circumstances where diffrent?

Lets say there is an alteternate reality where the turtles didn't grow up together as brothers and they did not know each other (like say they are all human teenagers that meet up in High school for the first time.) Do you think the turtles would like each other and possiable become friends with one another? Or do you think given their differing personalites and interests that if they wheren't already brothers they wouldn't have any thing to do with each other?

Which set of brothers do you think would like each other and become friends? Which set of brothers would only be polite aquantices. Which set of brothers would be completely turned off by the others personality and mannerisms and hate/sat away from each other?

I'm talking 2k3 personalites or Ot personalites of the turtles.
So, they meet as humans with their distinct personalities? I think they wouldn't get along at all. If they were mutant turtles that had no idea each other existed, then discovered that there were only four of their own kind in the world, then they probably would become tight-knitted. Otherwise, they would most likely find other cliques to hang with.

The only thing that would bring them even remotely together would be if they all took karate lessons or trained under the same sensei in a different form of martial arts. That would give them something in common and might bring them towards some bond.
__________________

- Optimus Acid Trip - Cult of a Half-Shell - Raiden's Bitter Tongue -
I don't try to be funny; I fail at it naturally.
KROW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 02:18 PM   #9
Blithe
Thug
 
Blithe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: NYC
Posts: 95
I have a hard time seeing Leo and Don being friends in this parallel universe we've constructed. Not that I'd think they'd hate each other, but I don't think they would ever find themselves in the same circle. If they shared a class together/worked on a team project, they'd probably get along fine without really connecting.

I'd peg Raph and Leo as being the most likely to be friends. We have so many conversations on this forum about how similar Raph and Leo are to one another. Without the competition for Splinter's love and all that other sibling rivalry brou-ha-ha, there's definitely the potential for friendship. Leo would still probably think Raph was impulsive and Raph would think Leo could be a bit Boyscoutish, but I think it wouldn't be anything that would stand in the way of a friendship.

I agree that Mikey would probably travel in different circles, but if any of the other 3 happened to interact with him on some level, I think they'd like him. He's very gregarious and likeable.

Oh my gosh, suddenly I'm thinking of a "Breakfast Club" remake starring the TMNT!
Blithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 02:31 PM   #10
MoreCowbell5263
Hench Mutant
 
MoreCowbell5263's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Georgia
Posts: 300
I can see Leo and Don being good friends. I can see Leo and Raph being like athletic rivals and Mike being the school's top athlete, that makes sense to me. I can imagine Leo and Don having some classes together and Raph and Mike having classes together. They'd probably have similar friendships, I can see Leo standing up for Don if Don were being picked on and Raph standing up for Mike in the same situation. I agree Raph and Don would rarely meet and Leo and Mike would rarely meet, too, but Mike would probably be on the sports teams and Leo and Raph seem pretty athletic enough to be on them, too. Don could be on the sports teams, but I don't think he likes them as much as they do. But then again, this would probably only be true if they were still "ninjas" so I may have to think this over some more.
__________________
Hope these guys aren't lumberjacks!
No joke...the only thing safe in the woods...would be the trees!
MoreCowbell5263 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 06:40 PM   #11
Courk
Hench Mutant
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 321
I'm not so sure Leo and Raph would become friends. They would need to meet up first, and based on first impressions they give each other, I don't think they would actively seek each other out in a crowd. I could see their first meeting taking place after Raph gets in a fight with someone and Leo witnesses it, maybe even tries to break it up. That wouldn't leave either with a good impression of the other -- Leo would still think Raph's a hothead, and Raph would still think of Leo as a goody-two-shoes. Without being brothers who are forced to accept this to an extent about each other, as well as see other personality aspects, I don't see them overcoming those impressions very quickly. If they ever happened to be in the same activity they could grow closer, but I'm not sure what activities they would share. I can see Raph as a wrestler, while Leo would probably be a very good gymnast. They could both play football, I guess. Leo'd probably be the QB, and I imagine Raph as a tackle. Football teams are so large, though, and I don't know how close teams of that size are to each other.
Courk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 07:43 PM   #12
odupianist
Mad Scientist
 
odupianist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Virginia
Posts: 1,744
I think they'd become close because they were the only ones of their kind, as far as they would know.
odupianist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 10:10 PM   #13
Courk
Hench Mutant
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 321
I was assuming that they didn't stand out from the crowd. I agree that if they were the only mutants in the high school, they'd be more drawn to each other.
Courk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 08:46 PM   #14
Time Mistress
Stone Warrior
 
Time Mistress's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Pennshellvania, or the 79th level of Null-Time
Posts: 710
Really interesting question Sage. The whole concept sounds like a perfect idea for a fanfic. Anyone up for the challenge?

I think they all would still have a common ground in a martial arts class/club at school. Even though the other 3 aren't as into it as Leo, they do still have an interest. That might be the only time all four of them are together. Leo and Don might bond. Same with Mike and Raph. And I like what MoreCowbell said about them standing up for each other if one of them was picked on. I like the think that the forces of the universe would conspire to have them run into each other and become friends somehow.
__________________
AKA the Edwardian Adventuress and Fairlady_Z



"You just made your last mistake, Bugeyes -- 'cuz nobody beats up my best buddy and gets away with it -- Nobody! Got that?!"
Raphael about Michaelangelo, TMNT Volume 1
Time Mistress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 08:50 PM   #15
Spawn Guy
Mad Scientist
 
Spawn Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Earth 616
Posts: 1,481
If Laurel and Hardy didn't know each other there'd be on point. Same princaple applies here.
__________________


THE TECHNODROME'S LITTLE YELLOW BOX LOVER

madpiratebunny (19:26:51): oh goodness, I've got an idea
SpawnGuyThing (19:26:57): Do tell
madpiratebunny (19:27:02): nononono
madpiratebunny (19:27:05): no telling
SpawnGuyThing (19:27:10): ...
SpawnGuyThing (19:27:27): But I'm the imaginery friend you always wanted
SpawnGuyThing (19:27:36): Your supposed to tell me everything
Spawn Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 08:53 PM   #16
Roseangelo
Emperor
 
Roseangelo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: California
Posts: 9,111
I'm not one to go around pimping fanfics, but there is a fairly recent one that goes along these lines. Sort of.

Twists of Fate
Roseangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 09:18 PM   #17
Sage Ninja
Band of the Hawk
 
Sage Ninja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: USA
Posts: 3,926
Quote:
So, they meet as humans with their distinct personalities? I think they wouldn't get along at all.
Yeah thats what I ment. That if the turtles circumstances where diffrent, as in they are not mutants forced to live the shadows who practice ninjitsu and not brothers who grew up together, but ordinary human teenage boys who meet in a normal social setting (like High School) and more or less still had their core personalites, would they ever cross paths in the complex social circles of High School and willingly interact with each other? Or even like each other? Personally I think given the fact that the turtles have such strong personalites that they would not get along with each if they crossed paths in anything more than causal interaction. Thats just what I think. I think in some ways Leo, Don, Mikey and Raph might respect each other to a degree but I think for the most part they would clash horiably if they didn't have the benefit of the emotinal closesness one has with siblings or members of their own family. The fact that some one is your family you tend to excuse some of their personality flaws because you also love them and have an emotinal attachment to them. Which I think the boys would be less inclined to put up with with each other if they wheren't you know...brothers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blithe View Post
Oh my gosh, suddenly I'm thinking of a "Breakfast Club" remake starring the TMNT!
**gasp** that is very scarey you say this Blithe, because i got the idea for this thread because I recently rented the Breakfast Club and got to thinking about how the turtles differ so much and how they would probably be from diffrent social circles in High School and how they would react to each other if thrown together in a situation where they had to deal with each other

But to put my two cents into this. I think each the boys would be from diffent social cliches. I think maybe Donatello and Leonardo's social cliches would overlap with each other and they would interact and possiably get along but I don't see them getting "best buddy" close. And I can even picture them butting heads with each other on certain academic situations as well. Since I would imagine both being rather studious in diffrent ways.

Raphael...I would almost say he would be in the jock social circle but some how I think thats just too conventional for him. Raphael I see as more of a quite mysterious loner with a small group of friends who enjoys shop classes, and has a tough guy reputation at school but not really a trouble maker that picks fights; but mostly some one who gets into fights because guys pick fights with him because of his tough guy reputation. I would imagine he would not travel in the same circles where he might encounter Donatello or Leoanrdo's sphears but if he did he would be rather indiffrent to them both and if he had a more involved encounter with them he might think much of Dontello (unless Donatello was more than cooly polite to him) and Leoanrdo I imagine he would be eighther rather wary or cold to him and maybe slightly put off by Leoanrdo's polished mannerisms.

I'll be back later. I still have more on the others. I like this
__________________

Cassandra: You won't fight me, but will you fight--for him!

Cassandra's Revenge

~Tangled the Series
________________________________
http://frankviola.org/2012/01/30/godsviewofawoman/
_______________________________
http://nox-artemis.tumblr.com/post/4...k-and-feminism
Sage Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 10:30 AM   #18
odupianist
Mad Scientist
 
odupianist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Virginia
Posts: 1,744
Oh there's a good thread... if the boys were human, which click would they be in in high school...
odupianist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 10:49 AM   #19
Scandia
Mad Scientist
 
Scandia's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Florida
Posts: 2,265
I do not see the Turtles as being cliquish (okay- so this may be my projecting my total NOT-cliquishness). But which crowds would they belong to or at least which labels they would get?

Donatello would be a geek. While he would be into academic subjects and do the academic competitions, he may not try tremendously hard to be number one in the class. He may be called a nerd, but if you want to make the distinction, he would be more geek than nerd.

Leonardo would fall more into the nerd category who does do everything to get straight A's and be number one. He would also be nearly every teacher's pet, while Donatello is likelier to sit in the back reading a book and minding his own business.

Michelangelo would be part of the skateboarding crew. And perhaps the surfing crowd if available- but in NYC that is not really likely. He would play many sports but would not be the star athlete.

Raphael would be one of those who are into military stuff. He would be into some other sports as well. He would be part of the rebel bunch but would not be a troublemaker.
__________________


Turtles fight with honor!!!
Scandia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 03:29 PM   #20
odupianist
Mad Scientist
 
odupianist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Virginia
Posts: 1,744
I agree with Don being the nerd or a techie or part of the A/V crew so to speak.

I could see Leo and Raph both being jocks, just different ends of hte spectrum. I could also see Leo as a prep though.

Mikey would be in the music/drama/theatre group or he could be in the skateboarding/punk group. That one could go either way.
odupianist is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:06 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.