The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-22-2007, 12:24 PM   #1
Zog the Equalizer
Stone Warrior
 
Zog the Equalizer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Corpus Christi, Texas
Posts: 534
Fan mail

Has anyone here gotten one of their letters in the back of any of the comics? I managed to get one in Tales Volume @ #25. It was a rant about Don's personality in Tales 16.
__________________
"Pork rind?"
"Pork rind!"
Zog the Equalizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 11:06 AM   #2
discordiatookie
facehugger
 
discordiatookie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland
Posts: 2,817
I've been in three TMNT comics:

letter in vol 4 #15
mentioned in the editorial tales vol 2 #18
letter in tales vol 2 #27


The mention in #18 was a big surprise. Murphy had ran a competition a coupla issues before, and I had picked up the issue late, but thought I would enter it anyway, so I sent a pretty cool postcard of a chimp holding a gun made out to look like a playing card. I had totally forgot about it and when I got #18, I skipped Murphy's editorial (which is strange as I normally read it first) and just went straight into the issue. Later on that evening, I remembered I hadn't read the whole issue (editorial and letters) and picked it up again and there was my name a few sentences down! I hadn't won the comp but Murph gave me a special mention because I sent in a cool postcard!

I think its cool reading through really old issues letters to see what was going on back then. I just read through vol 2 a few nights ago and even found a coupla letters from Roseangelo! Its great when you recognise other TMNT fans names from the 'Drome....
__________________
Oh Discordia! Charyou Tree! Come, Reap!
Don't tell us to grow up and out of it
I got my cloak and dagger in a bar room brawl

You actually trying to read this tiny text? Damn, you're dedicated! This is all just for effect you know...

original TMNT art collection
discordiatookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 05:15 PM   #3
OA
Scatter the nuns!!
 
OA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 3,981
I've actually never sent anything in....I've thought about it but never quite got the nerve to follow through...
__________________
OA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 05:19 PM   #4
Roseangelo
Emperor
 
Roseangelo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: California
Posts: 9,112
I swear every letter I've ever sent Mirage (or Image) ended up in a comic book, whether it was written with that intention or not. It did get a bit frustrating when one I sent, which was actually intended to be personal (it wasn't sent to a Mirage address), got published. But whatever.
Roseangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 08:32 PM   #5
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker
 
Andrew NDB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Auburn, WA
Posts: 34,419
My first letter in Body Count #4, then almost every issue of Image Vol. 3. 2 in Vol. 4, and one in Tales V2.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 12:55 AM   #6
Ninjinister
無問題
 
Ninjinister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Moesko Island, WA
Posts: 14,348
I got a letter published in one of the TMNT magazines, but not the comic as of yet.
__________________
Ninjinister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007, 02:21 PM   #7
TheShowstoppa
Stone Warrior
 
TheShowstoppa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Indiana
Posts: 629
Peter Laird responded to one of my e-mails in the back of one of the comics. I can't remember which one, but it was around the time Season 4 was out. It was actually really cool and I kinda want another copy just to see it. I might have to go look through all of my former posts to find it.


FOUND IT!: http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/sho...6&postcount=38
__________________

Courtesy of LUCKFF
"I don't know what bothers me more; That this actually worked, or that Don carries around a pigeon puppet." - Mikey: Search for Splinter Pt. 1

Last edited by TheShowstoppa; 08-26-2007 at 02:32 PM.
TheShowstoppa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007, 03:00 PM   #8
DrSpengler
Foot Elite
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 4,842
I've sent in a couple letters. None have been published but they've all been replied to by Dan in a speedy fashion, which I suppose is just as good. I think I'd rather have a response in a matter of days then wait a few months just to see if maybe my letter got a response in the book itself.
DrSpengler is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:38 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.