The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-26-2007, 02:53 PM   #1
TheUltimateShredhead
Stone Warrior
 
TheUltimateShredhead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 642
TMNT ages?

How old are the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles!? I always pictured they where 16, but im not quite sure anymore.
TheUltimateShredhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007, 03:18 PM   #2
tone-master21
Mad Scientist
 
tone-master21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Illinois
Posts: 2,152
I always thought that they were 15 or 16.
tone-master21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007, 05:00 PM   #3
Scandia
Mad Scientist
 
Scandia's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Florida
Posts: 2,265
The Turtles age with their stories. They are 15 at the beginning in all universes.

In the current cartoon, they are around 18 during Fast Forward.

In the current Mirage Volume 4, they are in their mid-30s.

I read somewhere that they were 19 in the 2007 movie.
__________________


Turtles fight with honor!!!
Scandia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007, 08:23 PM   #4
DonatelloDomeHead31
Stone Warrior
 
DonatelloDomeHead31's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Helping Casey Jones fix the Pick-Up Truck
Posts: 878
According to the ninja turtles arcade game, leonardo is 16 and the rest of the turtles are 15.
__________________

Donatello: Pork rind.
Donatello: Yeah, a few inquiries.
Donatello: Turtles don't migrate, Raph. Birds do!
Donatello: Have you seen the way this guy drives?
Donatello: 0.00000003%!
Donatello: I don't know, but it doesn't look good...
DonatelloDomeHead31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2007, 05:09 AM   #5
Scandia
Mad Scientist
 
Scandia's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Florida
Posts: 2,265
Leonardo is the eldest. But the statistics of Leo being 16 while Mikey is 15 1/2 and the other two are just plain 15 are out of date. Leo comes first, then Donnie, then Raph, and finally Mikey.
__________________


Turtles fight with honor!!!
Scandia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2007, 05:50 AM   #6
Ra
It's my desire?
 
Ra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: In your pants.
Posts: 4,441
The last I heard, Leo was the eldest, then Don, then Mike, and then Raph. Not too sure where I heard it from...it had something to do with Playmates' official profiles or something...
__________________

"So. The whole lot of you against little old me? How retarded."
Ra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2007, 07:40 AM   #7
TheUltimateShredhead
Stone Warrior
 
TheUltimateShredhead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 642
Im thinking about the turtles from the OT series, because there was a episode with a girl who was stated to be 15. And the turtles seems to be very mature and grown up compared to her.
TheUltimateShredhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2007, 08:28 AM   #8
KROW
Meat-n-Potatoes Man
 
KROW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: State's Anus, NY
Posts: 6,472
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrokuSaki123 View Post
Im thinking about the turtles from the OT series, because there was a episode with a girl who was stated to be 15. And the turtles seems to be very mature and grown up compared to her.
Old Toon-wise, I imagine them to be about 17. Either that, or borderline 18 the entire series.
__________________

- Optimus Acid Trip - Cult of a Half-Shell - Raiden's Bitter Tongue -
I don't try to be funny; I fail at it naturally.
KROW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2007, 08:36 PM   #9
syd
Stone Warrior
 
syd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 596
the only one thing that can be sure is that none of them is a teen any longer.
__________________

"Never mind! I just broke out."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sewer Bull View Post
glad to have you back.
syd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007, 01:29 AM   #10
Fledermaus
Mad Scientist
 
Fledermaus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: SoCal
Posts: 1,115
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrokuSaki123 View Post
How old are the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles!? I always pictured they where 16, but im not quite sure anymore.
This question depends entirely on the continuity. In the first TMNT, it is guessed that they are around 15 -- according to Laird, that's how he currently sees it but it's not concrete -- he doesn't think their age should be official (which makes sense to me). Dr. Spengler of the 'drome approximates them to be 13-15 years of age in the first issue. How old are they now in Mirage comics? My knowledge of volume 4 Mirage is scant, so I can't answer that.

In the 2k3 cartoon, the turtles are all officially 15 years of age in episode one. Two years have passed since the show started (within the continuity of the series), making the turtles all 17 years (this is info I have gathered from the many, many... many threads on this topic).

In the new movie, it is hypothesized (or was it stated by Munroe himself?) that the turtles are around 19 years old, barely teenagers.

I would assume that they remain 15 in the OT.

As for official age order, there is none. Leo's unofficially proclaimed the "eldest" (because he has the most somber disposition) while Mike is the youngest (due to his being the most light-hearted of the group in every incarnation). Don and Raph seem to trade off on "second eldest" -- Don, for his clear-headedness and maturity; Raph for his considerably more dominating nature. But there is no official age order. I have contacted Mirage on that myself.
__________________
We're calling it a freeway. Eight lanes of shimmering cement running from here to Pasadena. Smooth, safe, fast. Traffic jams will be a thing of the past. I see a place where people get on and off the freeway. On and off, off and on all day, all night! Soon there will be a string of gas stations, inexpensive motels, restaurants that serve rapidly prepared food! Tire salons, automobile dealerships and wonderful, wonderful billboards reaching as far as the eye can see! My God... It'll be beautiful.
Fledermaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007, 03:46 AM   #11
JaffleMan
Stone Warrior
 
JaffleMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Portarlington, Vic Australia
Posts: 761
I always assumed there was no age order.

All 4 TMNT mutated at the same time and prior to that they were just mere pet turtles. How could pet turtles possibly be able to distinguish the ages between each other?

To me it makes a lot more sense that their ages are unknown.
JaffleMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007, 05:25 AM   #12
Scandia
Mad Scientist
 
Scandia's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Florida
Posts: 2,265
I thought it was officially stated that Donatello was second and Raphael was third. Makes sense that way. I like the Leo-Don and Raph-Mikey pairings in battle and action.
__________________


Turtles fight with honor!!!
Scandia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007, 01:20 PM   #13
Fledermaus
Mad Scientist
 
Fledermaus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: SoCal
Posts: 1,115
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scandia View Post
I thought it was officially stated that Donatello was second and Raphael was third. Makes sense that way. I like the Leo-Don and Raph-Mikey pairings in battle and action.
No, this was never officially stated by anyone with official say on the TMNT. In fact -- here's the email reply I got from Dan Berger, spokesman on behalf of Mirage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Berger
> Someone said that Peter Laird himself proclaimed (at a comic-con)
> the undisputed gospel order of age being Leo, Don, Raph, Mike. For
> now and for all time. Is that true?

He's never proclaimed that to me, and I have asked the same question
on more than one occasion. He's told me several times he likes the
Turtles' ages and birthdates to be ambiguous - so unless someone
presents a convincing audio tape or video of Peter saying otherwise,
I can't vouch for its veracity.

Thanks for writing!

Cheers!
Dan Berger
Mirage Studios' Official Web Dude
http://www.ninjaturtles.com
There. As you can read, age order is just one of those things left up to individual fan interpretation. As it should be.
__________________
We're calling it a freeway. Eight lanes of shimmering cement running from here to Pasadena. Smooth, safe, fast. Traffic jams will be a thing of the past. I see a place where people get on and off the freeway. On and off, off and on all day, all night! Soon there will be a string of gas stations, inexpensive motels, restaurants that serve rapidly prepared food! Tire salons, automobile dealerships and wonderful, wonderful billboards reaching as far as the eye can see! My God... It'll be beautiful.
Fledermaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007, 01:27 PM   #14
TerranigmaFreak
Stone Warrior
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 715
Quote:
In the new movie, it is hypothesized (or was it stated by Munroe himself?) that the turtles are around 19 years old, barely teenagers.
What? Really? I could have sworn Munroe said something about keeping them younger or something. They certainly don't look anywhere near 19. I have an easier time believing them to be 15 than 19. I can picture TMNT 2k3 as 19, not the movie.

Quote:
In the current Mirage Volume 4, they are in their mid-30s.


It's still titled Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles!?
__________________


First footage of the new R rated TMNT movie.
TerranigmaFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007, 03:57 PM   #15
TheUltimateShredhead
Stone Warrior
 
TheUltimateShredhead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 642
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaffleMan View Post
I always assumed there was no age order.

All 4 TMNT mutated at the same time and prior to that they were just mere pet turtles. How could pet turtles possibly be able to distinguish the ages between each other?

To me it makes a lot more sense that their ages are unknown.
They made an episode in season 3 about Michelangelo's birthday, wich makes the statement about them being equal aged incorrect. So there age statements are most likely discoverd throw scientific research of donatello.
TheUltimateShredhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007, 05:11 PM   #16
odupianist
Mad Scientist
 
odupianist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Virginia
Posts: 1,744
Who hatched out of their eggs first? :p
odupianist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007, 05:22 PM   #17
ToTheNines
Col. Stinkmeaner
 
ToTheNines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 19,213
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrokuSaki123 View Post
They made an episode in season 3 about Michelangelo's birthday, wich makes the statement about them being equal aged incorrect. So there age statements are most likely discoverd throw scientific research of donatello.
I wouldn't take the OT too seriously. I mean, season 3 had like 47 episodes... so they pretty much had to throw in a birthday episode.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007, 05:40 PM   #18
Magdolin
Professional Dork
 
Magdolin's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Society of Midnight Ninjas.
Posts: 1,970
Go ahead...hate me for saying this, but this is what I have to say. I think that in the old toon, they were all 15, and when Mikey had his birthday in the old toon, he became 16. And I think the others had birthdays later on too. We just didn't see them. So that would make them 16. And when they had the first movie, they were still 16. And when they the second movie, they were 17. And when they had the third movie they were still 17. And when they had the 2k3 series, they became 18. And when the Fast Forward series came they were 19. And in the 4th movie, they became 20. And if we start from the comics, add it to what I said above, and that would make them 21.


That's what I think.
__________________

"When life gives you lemons, make yourself some pie. Or squeeze 'em in people's eyes and run away, whatever floats your boat."
Magdolin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007, 08:55 PM   #19
Spitfire
Writer • Director
 
Spitfire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 12,035
Dan said what I figured, they never stated their ages so there's no way to really tell. Anything is speculation, the only thing we can guess for sure is that their all different ages, or at least have different birthdays because of the Mikey Birthday episode.
__________________
Check out my online portfolio
http://www.christopherpelletier.com/
Spitfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007, 08:58 PM   #20
DonatelloDomeHead31
Stone Warrior
 
DonatelloDomeHead31's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Helping Casey Jones fix the Pick-Up Truck
Posts: 878
Wasn't there two episodes in the OT series or maybe in later seasons when the turtles got zapped to younger years under 10 years old? and then another when they were zapped into old age turtles?
__________________

Donatello: Pork rind.
Donatello: Yeah, a few inquiries.
Donatello: Turtles don't migrate, Raph. Birds do!
Donatello: Have you seen the way this guy drives?
Donatello: 0.00000003%!
Donatello: I don't know, but it doesn't look good...
DonatelloDomeHead31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:21 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.