The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Fan Creations > Fan Works Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-23-2003, 10:48 PM   #1
andrew
Random Punk
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: chucktown
Posts: 34
first fan work submission

this effort is poor on so many levels .. its not even funny .. the mango peices dont even look like mango peices..the third panel's wording was wrong and the frame was way too small ..i didnt use halfway decent penmanship..half the ish in the first five panels u need a magnifying glass to see ..i mean ..its pencil and crayon!!!however i like how i utilized space on the last few frames.. otherwise its pure crap
i dont personally know azure but hes obviously a lovable dude so included him because i personally enjoy his comics..
http://www.geocities.com/shrugmonkey...?1046065634210
i dont think i'll make another comic for a while
andrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2003, 03:37 AM   #2
Deepflame
Hench Mutant
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Deep below the mountains...
Posts: 254
Don't be so hard on yourself, the drawings looked real funny
Buut, I'm afraid I didn't understand the joke
__________________
NoOo! The killer scarfs attack!
Deepflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2003, 09:13 AM   #3
Kali
Inactive Moderator
 
Kali's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: California!
Posts: 11,101
LOL! That was funny. I really like the style of the drawings, nice and abstract.

Looks like you've got panel composition down better than I do.
Kali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2003, 11:03 AM   #4
Storm Wolf
The Thread Killer
 
Storm Wolf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: In the back of the cave.... lurking.
Posts: 2,617
Well....all i can say is it's a heck of a lot better than I can do.....I doubt I could even make stick Azure's

but that was relly cute.....I liked it very much!
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benvenuto
Don't you mean 'asshole classic'?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwamu The Kappa View Post
Voting: pick which lies you think sounds best.
Storm Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2003, 11:07 AM   #5
Mouse
Foot Soldier
 
Mouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Kansas
Posts: 156
i think it is cute...because it has that cuteness that can only be Azure
__________________
So what we're blood brothers now?
Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2003, 12:19 PM   #6
HorseTechie
Inactive Moderator
 
HorseTechie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Midwest
Posts: 5,677
Hay, I don't think it's THAT bad. I liked your chibi art style, and the way you drew the caption ballons too. The stage notes looked awkward though, and I can't believe Azure likes mango complete with skin (bleh). But you shouldn't be ashamed of this. Do more! The more you do, tha better you get. Yeah!
HorseTechie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2003, 02:44 PM   #7
Tinselcat
Mad Scientist
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: uuuuh... off planet.
Posts: 1,190
I like your angular style. it's very original. i think you should continue to develop it!
__________________
Tinselcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2003, 08:10 PM   #8
Nturtle
Ninja Master
 
Nturtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Technodrome Airducts
Posts: 5,215
A fan comic about Azure!!! The blue turtle will be red over this one!
I like your style dude, I've always been intrested is the angular type, like that comic strip "James"
But yeah.... the joke...was preety bad
__________________
Fil rules. If Fil takes your 5 bucks then you should be eternally grateful that Fil would even borrow your money. Fil.
Nturtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2003, 09:52 PM   #9
andrew
Random Punk
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: chucktown
Posts: 34
pretty bad?! lol ..it was horrible & i spelled raph's name wrong
*shrug* i eat the mango skins ...sometimes ...okay mb not... but thanx for all the feed back!!
andrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2003, 03:40 PM   #10
Voltron
Handsomest Boy in School
 
Voltron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: The Realm of SJW
Posts: 4,642
Nobody knows

Man, nobody cares if you spelled wrong. It looked really good to me. I've seen similar styles of art before from other people, and it looked very impressive. You have talent, good stuff.
Voltron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2003, 03:54 PM   #11
Donatello02
Stone Warrior
 
Donatello02's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Florida
Posts: 503
Very nice, great talent and nice creative style. Good work.
__________________

'What ninja weapon did Don get? A stickball bat.
Hey, you can call it a 'bo'. But you can call it a
Ford Tempo too...it's still just a stick.'
Donatello02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2003, 12:21 PM   #12
cqb101
Cinephile
 
cqb101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Salem, MA
Posts: 8,489
It was good and a lot better than I can draw!
__________________
cqb101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2003, 11:38 PM   #13
azure turtle
Mango Lovin' Mutant
 
azure turtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 9,453
!!! Omigosh, I just saw this! Dude, you've got amazing talent. I was looking at all the other drawings you did, and your style rocks. I loved the Don drawing the most. As TC said, I love the angular style of your drawings. Keep going!

Oooh, and this comic was cool! I'm honored that you'd put Azure in it, and even more honored that you liked the (terribly drawn) comics I do. Mucho thanks. I enjoyed this strip, despite the minor errors. Don't let that stop you, though. Practice makes perfect, as they say.

I can't get over how cool your style of drawing is. Keep up the good work!
__________________
"God, I love being a turtle!"

Want to meet the only blue ninja turtle in existence? Come visit me at my Lair!
azure turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:25 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.