The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Fan Creations > Fan Works Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-22-2009, 04:51 PM   #1
gobo
Wacky Action
 
gobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: on Earth
Posts: 12,784
ATTENTION FANS: karaoke your way into TMNT history!

We're supposed to be working on the fandub for the second OVA episode sometime soon, and I decided it would be an excellent idea to let one of us fans with vocal skillz attempt to do a fandub of the theme songs. If you don't already know, the opening karaoke track can be found at Mikey's TMNT, here, and the closing here. I know they're too long for the episode, but let us worry about the editing. Don't hesitate to use your own lyrics, but here are the translated lyrics for the OP. I'm afraid you're on your own for the ED...
Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaTurtles.com
"Power Up Turtles" - TMNT Anime Opening Theme

Performed by: Kageyama Hironobu (note: from what I have of Dragonball Z music from my CDs, he does a LOT of songs for that Anime as well)

Kyoudai na nazo ga uzumaku
Yami no naka e
Maki komarete mo ore-tachi
Tamerawanai
Genkai shirazu no yuuki to
Densetsu yaburi no fight ga
Koura ni afureru ze
Go! Go! Turtles
Power Up no henshin de
Go! Go! Turtles
Aku no gundan kechirasu
Ore-tachi Turtles (Ore-tachi Turtles), tatakau
Turtles (tatakau Turtles)
Noroma na kame ja nai
Punch wa One! Two! (Punch wa One! Two!)
Kick wa boom boom (Kick wa boom boom)
Chikyuu no heiwa wo mamoru tame umareta mutant
Go! Go! Turtles
Atto odoroku henshin de
Go! Go! Turtles
Yabai pinch mo gyakuten sa
Ore-tachi Turtles (Ore-tachi Turtles), kagayaku
Turtles (kagayaku Turtles)
Kokoro wo awaserya kiseki no gatai ga
Okiruze

"Power Up Turtles" - English Translation

The enormous riddle is a whirlpool
In the middle of darkness
Volumes of books are crowded and we
Don't hesitate
To know the limits of courage and
The escaped legends of fights
Have filled the shell
Go! Go! Turtles
A power up transformation
Go! Go! Turtles
Evil's soldiers kick about
We Turtles (We Turtles), Fighting Turtles (Fighting Turtles)
Are not slow Turtles
A punch is one! Two! (A punch is one! Two!)
A kick is a boom boom! (A kick is a boom boom)
Protect the tranquility of Earth for the sake of mutants that are born
Go! Go! Turtles
Overwhelming, surprising transformation
Go! Go! Turtles
Dangerous punches and sudden changes, all right now
We Turtles (We Turtles), Shining Turtles (Shining Turtles)
Our hearts are combined and the miracle of the combined body is
Awakened
__________________
Live and let live... or go to hell.


Last edited by gobo; 03-22-2009 at 05:09 PM.
gobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 06:25 PM   #2
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,295
Jarrah did this once....If you can find it, it's a treat.
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 10:31 AM   #3
Mindy
Foot Soldier
 
Mindy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 184
I've been so busy fussing with the script and pre-production stuffs that I had totally forgotten to contact you about this.

YAY! Thank you!
__________________

TMNT OVA English fandubs ~ completed!
TMNT & other fics:
http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1013080/
Mindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 12:06 AM   #4
Spitfire
Writer • Director
 
Spitfire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 12,035
I don't think I could sing that without laughing my ass off at how broken it is.
__________________
Check out my online portfolio
http://www.christopherpelletier.com/
Spitfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 12:44 AM   #5
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,295
The thing is trying to get the timing down.
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 12:50 AM   #6
GK Punk
I'm your Devil
 
GK Punk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 12,439
I'm so tempted to give it a shot, but I haven't sang in so long I'm not sure I can carry a tune anymore.
GK Punk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 07:29 AM   #7
gobo
Wacky Action
 
gobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: on Earth
Posts: 12,784
Make multiple attempts and I'll cobble together your best-of...
__________________
Live and let live... or go to hell.

gobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 12:47 PM   #8
Spitfire
Writer • Director
 
Spitfire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 12,035
I only sing when I'm my German alter-ego
__________________
Check out my online portfolio
http://www.christopherpelletier.com/
Spitfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 12:56 PM   #9
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,295
Chris...you scare me.
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 12:59 PM   #10
Spitfire
Writer • Director
 
Spitfire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 12,035
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
Chris...you scare me.
I scare all my teachers too, but they keep giving me As so I can't help myself.
__________________
Check out my online portfolio
http://www.christopherpelletier.com/
Spitfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 01:04 PM   #11
gobo
Wacky Action
 
gobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: on Earth
Posts: 12,784
That's extortion, isn't it? O_o
__________________
Live and let live... or go to hell.

gobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 01:10 PM   #12
shuriken
Second City Shinobi
 
shuriken's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Chi-town
Posts: 4,182
The translation just reminds me of this south Park episode in which the kids all buy weapons and pretend to be ninjas. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l3bkYqcXs-I&feature=rel
ated
__________________
Some things are better left unsaid. This isn't one of them
shuriken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 01:38 PM   #13
Tinuvielsdreams
Nothing without passion
 
Tinuvielsdreams's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 1,722
oh no...Chris, what did I say about Hans on the forums? Lol he scares a lot of people
Tinuvielsdreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 01:42 PM   #14
Archon_Turtle
I'm SUPER into myself
 
Archon_Turtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: California
Posts: 4,667
Chris can you put not safe for work on all your posts from now on?

...Only because I can't walk around the office sportin' wood. Amirite?!?!
Archon_Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 05:36 PM   #15
Spitfire
Writer • Director
 
Spitfire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 12,035
I'm sorry I forgot the sex appeal of Hans is unmatched.
__________________
Check out my online portfolio
http://www.christopherpelletier.com/
Spitfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 08:10 PM   #16
Mindy
Foot Soldier
 
Mindy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 184
Spit... oh god.

HAAAAANS. *fangirl flail*
__________________

TMNT OVA English fandubs ~ completed!
TMNT & other fics:
http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1013080/
Mindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 08:28 PM   #17
gobo
Wacky Action
 
gobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: on Earth
Posts: 12,784
Just got around to watching the Hans video... Sooo... I'll have nightmares tonight.
__________________
Live and let live... or go to hell.

gobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 08:36 PM   #18
Spitfire
Writer • Director
 
Spitfire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 12,035
Funny enough your not the first person to say Hans gave them nightmares. A girl in the class I first premiered this in said the same thing.
__________________
Check out my online portfolio
http://www.christopherpelletier.com/
Spitfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 02:55 PM   #19
gobo
Wacky Action
 
gobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: on Earth
Posts: 12,784
So, is GK the only one even semi-interested in doing this?
__________________
Live and let live... or go to hell.

gobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 03:20 PM   #20
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,295
I've tried, unsuccessfully to get the lyrics to fit the timing....
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:03 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.