The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-17-2009, 06:26 AM   #1
PAAATE
Stone Warrior
 
PAAATE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Sweden
Posts: 993
Mirage = fast?

When I ordered a few books the site said it would take 2-3 weeks to deliver.

I paid the 5th of November
They received the payment the 9th of November
I got the comics today

Are they always this fast? I didn't really count on getting the comics until next week, so this was an extremely pleasant surprise.
__________________
I'm a member. I forgot about it, so now I'm a remember.
PAAATE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 06:58 AM   #2
odupianist
Mad Scientist
 
odupianist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Virginia
Posts: 1,744
Maybe they're just trying to empty out the back orders as quick as they can...?
odupianist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 07:23 AM   #3
Venom
Space Knight
 
Venom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Colorado
Posts: 3,637
I always received mine in about three business days when I used a card. And that's coming from MA to AL. I'm not sure with other methods.
Venom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 08:00 AM   #4
Spitfire
Writer • Director
 
Spitfire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 12,035
Depends. I've always waited longer then I was supposed to with Mirage. I've even received crushed posters.
__________________
Check out my online portfolio
http://www.christopherpelletier.com/
Spitfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 10:00 AM   #5
Roseangelo
Emperor
 
Roseangelo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: California
Posts: 9,112
Well, when you're shipping with media mail, which they usually are, how fast something arrives is mostly in the hands of the post office. Sometimes media mail can get to its destination really fast, about as fast as standard mail. But sometimes it can take several weeks to months.
Roseangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 03:27 PM   #6
Kendamu
Sewerhead
 
Kendamu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Canada
Posts: 2,890
After the day it ships, most Media Mail experience on my end says to add a day for every state between Point A and Point B to how long it will take to get to you.
Kendamu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 04:33 PM   #7
PAAATE
Stone Warrior
 
PAAATE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Sweden
Posts: 993
Yeah, but this must've been ****ing fast

8 days (well, 6 work days) to get them on an air plane to Sweden, take them through customs, and then ship them down here in southernmost Sweden where I live

When a friend of mine bought something on eBay, his package was in customs for a week

Anyway, I have no idea what I did to deserve this, but I was thrilled about it
__________________
I'm a member. I forgot about it, so now I'm a remember.
PAAATE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 06:22 AM   #8
Kendamu
Sewerhead
 
Kendamu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Canada
Posts: 2,890
I ordered a TPB from them on Friday and it shipped today. I'll let you know when I get it.
Kendamu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 01:11 PM   #9
Time Mistress
Stone Warrior
 
Time Mistress's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Pennshellvania, or the 79th level of Null-Time
Posts: 710
Haven't ordered too much from Mirage but the one time I did to fill out my collection they were surprisingly fast. It was a very pleasant experience.
__________________
AKA the Edwardian Adventuress and Fairlady_Z



"You just made your last mistake, Bugeyes -- 'cuz nobody beats up my best buddy and gets away with it -- Nobody! Got that?!"
Raphael about Michaelangelo, TMNT Volume 1
Time Mistress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 02:11 PM   #10
ToTheNines
Col. Stinkmeaner
 
ToTheNines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 19,226
I got my order today, and I placed it on the 11th of this month. Not bad, but I wouldn't call them fast.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:11 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.