The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-12-2009, 10:03 PM   #1
lilmotto
Stone Warrior
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 813
How much do artist sketches cost?

Sorry if this is in the wrong section please feel to help me redirect it if it is. I am curious how much do sketches normally cost. Let us just say it is a basic turtle full body sketch black ink and shading only? I would assume each artist charges something different so an overall basic price would be fine. I am just curious since i have never got a commission or asked an artist for a sketch. What are the prices at conventions if you ask for a quick sketch?

Thanks ladies and gents for your help
__________________
I list items on ebay frequently:
http://shop.ebay.com/lilmotto/m.html...1&_from=&_ipg=
lilmotto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 10:39 PM   #2
Roseangelo
Emperor
 
Roseangelo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: California
Posts: 9,112
Well, like you said, prices vary greatly depending on the artist. Michael Dooney recently took commissions for what you dscribed for $75, though I would consider hm to be one of the more expensive Turtle artists. Dan Berger did similar sketches at Comic-Con for $40.

For quick sketches, you used to be able to ge those fairly easily at cons for free, although the proliferation of eBay has made that less rare (I believe Stan Sakai has switched frm doing free sketches to doing no sketches because of this). I see a lot of artists charging $10 or so for these now, although if you buy something from them you have a greater chance of getting a freebie.

Kevin Eastman always does free sketches, to varying levels of detail.
Roseangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 10:47 PM   #3
lilmotto
Stone Warrior
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 813
Thanks for your rather quick response. One more question: do most artist show up at the cons?
__________________
I list items on ebay frequently:
http://shop.ebay.com/lilmotto/m.html...1&_from=&_ipg=
lilmotto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 10:50 PM   #4
Roseangelo
Emperor
 
Roseangelo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: California
Posts: 9,112
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilmotto View Post
Thanks for your rather quick response. One more question: do most artist show up at the cons?
Mirage artists? No. In general, though, all cons have healthy artists' allies with plenty of talented persons.
Roseangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 10:51 PM   #5
lilmotto
Stone Warrior
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 813
Yes I meant mirage artists. Sorry I should have clarified.

P.S. i answered your post on my BST thread
__________________
I list items on ebay frequently:
http://shop.ebay.com/lilmotto/m.html...1&_from=&_ipg=
lilmotto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 04:49 AM   #6
Daniel Orduna
Hench Mutant
 
Daniel Orduna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: torreon coah mexico
Posts: 273
seems ok 75 is not that much
__________________



float like a butter fly sting like a bee
Daniel Orduna is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:50 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.