The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-15-2009, 03:09 PM   #1
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker
 
Andrew NDB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Auburn, WA
Posts: 34,425
Tales of the TMNT #65

Due out tomorrow, 12/16.



http://www.diamondcomics.com/shipping/newreleases.txt

Also looks like Donatello #4 is "officially" coming out tomorrow. Good. No idea how the hell you folks got yours last week.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 03:35 PM   #2
oldmanwinters
Overlord
 
oldmanwinters's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Between yesterday and tomorrow!
Posts: 15,480
Ooohhh, Christmas-time Dan Berger goodness!

Alas, it will probably be the last issue of TMNT he ever draws.
__________________

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 06:41 PM   #3
ToTheNines
Col. Stinkmeaner
 
ToTheNines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 19,224
I've been excited for this one for quite some time.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 07:00 PM   #4
prescribeddrone
Foot Soldier
 
prescribeddrone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: NYC
Posts: 115
Cool cover, I'll be getting it.
prescribeddrone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 07:01 PM   #5
***First of Two Latin Kings***
Will not be censored
 
***First of Two Latin Kings***'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: The Farm That Time Forgot
Posts: 8,841
Another trip to the comic store...
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
I can hear it now: "I'm sorry little April, I told you that if you didn't take good care of them I'd be taking them away. Now they are going to the lab to be abused for experimentation" (You could almost rewrite this as April caused the fire to get back at her father over it...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCanadiandrome View Post
Powder I'd not defend him, that's just how he gets



International shipping assistance: [email protected]
***First of Two Latin Kings*** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 08:45 PM   #6
DrSpengler
Foot Elite
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 4,842
Cool. Hopefully it'll be at my shop tomorrow (never know with Mirage and Diamond just when you'll get your comics).
DrSpengler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 08:58 PM   #7
Powder
40 Years of TMNT
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
I have a doctors appointment tommorow which means I'm getting out of the house which means COMIC RUN WHOOOO!
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 05:40 PM   #8
DrSpengler
Foot Elite
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 4,842
My Review.

Just an excellent, excellent story. Lots of emotional impact and character depth, plus the very unexpected reminder that there are
Spoiler:
other members of the Oroku family still out there.


And Berger draws a bitchin'
Spoiler:
Rat King.

Last edited by DrSpengler; 12-16-2009 at 08:57 PM.
DrSpengler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 06:18 PM   #9
Powder
40 Years of TMNT
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
One of the better issues we've had in a while IMO. Very refreshing to see some new stuff from dan too.
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 07:40 PM   #10
ToTheNines
Col. Stinkmeaner
 
ToTheNines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 19,224
Spengeler, spoiler tags please.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 08:57 PM   #11
DrSpengler
Foot Elite
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 4,842
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNines View Post
Spengeler, spoiler tags please.
My bad. Fixed.
DrSpengler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 09:13 PM   #12
prescribeddrone
Foot Soldier
 
prescribeddrone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: NYC
Posts: 115
why didn't forbidden planet get this today? damnit. i was disappointed when it was missing from my pull list stack and the shelves
prescribeddrone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 11:32 PM   #13
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker
 
Andrew NDB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Auburn, WA
Posts: 34,425
This was truly awesome. A great offering from Dan... and what a fantastic note to go out on, if that's what it is.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 07:18 AM   #14
odupianist
Mad Scientist
 
odupianist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Virginia
Posts: 1,744
Quote:
Originally Posted by prescribeddrone View Post
why didn't forbidden planet get this today? damnit. i was disappointed when it was missing from my pull list stack and the shelves
It's ok, my store had this but not Don #4. Who knows lol.

I really enjoyed this issue as well. I love the cameo of
Spoiler:
Rat King
and the tie in with the Oroku family. Question though, the book that they find at the end, is that the same book that Leo references in Vol 4 #24?

Spengs, where are you placing this?
odupianist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 09:16 AM   #15
DrSpengler
Foot Elite
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 4,842
Quote:
Originally Posted by odupianist View Post
Question though, the book that they find at the end, is that the same book that Leo references in Vol 4 #24?
I don't know. The book Mamoru took off the shelf at his place in Japan read "Oni" on the spine, whereas I don't think the book Leo used to get to the Battle Nexus in Vol. 4 bore that title.

Quote:
Spengs, where are you placing this?
I already added it to the timeline. Due to Shadow's age, I placed it in the Mirage "Vol. 3" Era. Specifically, I placed it next to Berger's Gutwallow crossover just because Shadow's age within the two stories corresponded and it was as good a spot as any, so might as well keep the Berger stories together.
DrSpengler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 06:19 PM   #16
Daniel Orduna
Hench Mutant
 
Daniel Orduna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: torreon coah mexico
Posts: 273
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
This was truly awesome. A great offering from Dan... and what a fantastic note to go out on, if that's what it is.
hey , amm can u help me out on the ask a qst get a anwser section¿
u seem 2 know allot of tmnt comics
__________________



float like a butter fly sting like a bee
Daniel Orduna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 03:09 PM   #17
ToTheNines
Col. Stinkmeaner
 
ToTheNines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 19,224
Awesome issue.

About the art... I don't think i've ever seen Berger do a mask-less Casey, it was very creepy lol. And I loved his Splinter, looks alot like OT Splinter.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 12:35 AM   #18
Buffy
Mad Scientist
 
Buffy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: where am I?
Posts: 1,472
Just read the issue. Great story and of course great artwork. Casey does look weird without his mask on.
__________________



Forgiveness is divine, but never pay full price for late pizza.
Buffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 01:57 AM   #19
Oculus Orbus
Mad Scientist
 
Oculus Orbus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Spain
Posts: 1,535
I feel bad for bringing this old thread back, but living in Spain I always get my stuff late. Just read the issue, and it's quite good. I don't think I liked it as much as some of you guys did (never really dug the mystic stuff), but still it's a pretty good issue. For me, it's always nice to see
Spoiler:
the Rat King
around, there's so much potential in that character.
Oculus Orbus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 05:34 AM   #20
Powder
40 Years of TMNT
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
Totally, oculus. Too bad that will most likely be his last appearance for potentially, a very long time. But from the glass half full perspective, at least he popped up in one of the last issues
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
comic discussion, tales of the tmnt


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:21 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.