The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Fan Creations > Fan Works Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-25-2003, 12:38 PM   #1
Nickokapo
Emperor
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Argentina
Posts: 5,800
My mondo gecko fanart...

I'm not a very good artist but i already scanned one pic to show to mondo gecko and...well...i felt like posting this
I drew this some months ago:
http://www.angelfire.com/linux/siteh...ondoGecko_.jpg
And i drew this today...yay, he has a skate yup, that's supposed to be a skate :
http://www.angelfire.com/linux/siteh...ndoGecko_2.jpg
__________________
Nickokapo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2003, 01:36 PM   #2
GK Punk
I'm your Devil
 
GK Punk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 12,439
Hey, that's actually pretty good! Probally better than I could ever do!
GK Punk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2003, 02:17 PM   #3
Nickokapo
Emperor
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Argentina
Posts: 5,800
Thanks btw i would like to point out that mondo gecko does not have beard in the second pic, its just shading that went bad i didnt wanted to erase it because i might erase his mouth or maybe his chin
I'll post more if i find other stuff worth posting.
__________________
Nickokapo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2003, 03:18 PM   #4
persephohi
Thug
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 73
Hey, these aren't bad at all. I really like your shading, it adds a nice bit of dimension to the drawings.

--Bevin
__________________


“Well we know what to get you for Christmas: a double lobotomy and ten rolls of rubber wallpaper."
--Red Dwarf
persephohi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2003, 03:19 PM   #5
CookSux
Stone Warrior
 
CookSux's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Sparta
Posts: 928
Wow looks very similar to my redesign that I sketched up during class. Except mine doesn't wear a hat
CookSux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2003, 03:24 PM   #6
Nickokapo
Emperor
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Argentina
Posts: 5,800
*edited out* whoops
im working on a pic of mondo and mikey skating, tho im not really all that happy with it...i'll post it here when it's done...hmmm i might have to ask krang if he wants to host my art, angelfire sucks.
__________________
Nickokapo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2003, 03:26 PM   #7
CookSux
Stone Warrior
 
CookSux's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Sparta
Posts: 928
Hmm I wasn't saying that in a negative way. I was just saying that we have similar visions. Sheesh BTW I never claimed that you copied my art, I never even scanned the picture to begin with ;p
CookSux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2003, 03:28 PM   #8
Nickokapo
Emperor
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Argentina
Posts: 5,800
...
Oh...i thought you got offended because you thought i copied your art
Sorry
Oh and i never saw the picture itself either that's why i didnt know which picture you were refering to i just...jumped to conclutions...sorry for attacking ya, i feel very ashamed
__________________
Nickokapo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2003, 04:10 PM   #9
cqb101
Cinephile
 
cqb101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Salem, MA
Posts: 8,489
Cool pictures.....
__________________
cqb101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2003, 04:43 PM   #10
Jephael
That whack job behind you
 
Jephael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Carlisle, Pennsylvania
Posts: 8,143
Nice work, Nic! It's defintly better looking than my work.

__________________
"I like it. Simple, but effective!"
Raphael; The Mean Machines - 1988

Jephael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2003, 05:38 PM   #11
Nickokapo
Emperor
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Argentina
Posts: 5,800
Thanks guys... Jeph nice pic, it reminded me of a ninja turtle i drew on my house's wall some years ago...tho i didnt colored it.
I should color my work like jeph did, but since im not very good at it i'm just waiting untill i learn how to color in photoshop...i might do a pencil colored one for the heck of it but i dunno how it might turn out
Hmmm...oh btw the skating pic is i was doing turned out so-so, gecko came out fine but i couldnt draw his friend mikey, then i got frustrated and started trying over and over again...and now his body looks weird
Should i post it anyways?Or else i'll just do a human gecko pic tomorrow and skip the skate one
Edit: OMG!
http://members.fortunecity.com/lisar...ges/mondo0.jpg
Lisardo already did a pic of human mondo...so i guess i'll have to think of something else.
Amazing what you can find on google ah well..
__________________
Nickokapo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2003, 06:21 PM   #12
CookSux
Stone Warrior
 
CookSux's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Sparta
Posts: 928
Actually I can't see it, but just because something's been done before doesn't mean you can't do it.
CookSux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2003, 06:43 PM   #13
Nickokapo
Emperor
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Argentina
Posts: 5,800
I know but i don't wanna step on anyone's toes by ripping off ideas or anything...
I wanna do it tho, humm...well it's not like i'm going to copy the exact same drawing, i just wanna draw a human gecko my way i think i should do it anyways.
__________________
Nickokapo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2003, 10:52 AM   #14
Nickokapo
Emperor
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Argentina
Posts: 5,800
Well here's my try at a human mondo gecko piccie, i dont like his legs, and i cant draw hands so thats the best it'll look but i guess its fine, besides, if i draw everyone just standing i'll never get better
http://www.angelfire.com/linux/siteh...HumanMondo.jpg
I hope lisardo wont mind
I'll post the skate pic later.
Quote:
Originally Posted by persephohi
Hey, these aren't bad at all. I really like your shading, it adds a nice bit of dimension to the drawings.

--Bevin
Yikes, sorry i havent seen this comment before you like my shading?Cool Shading is what i enjoy to do the most in a drawing, tho i never studied how to do shading or anything so its by no means perfect, but its been getting better with time i think
Specially considering my first mondo gecko pic had no shading at all
well a bit of shading in the neck and that's it.
__________________
Nickokapo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2003, 11:00 AM   #15
HorseTechie
Inactive Moderator
 
HorseTechie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Midwest
Posts: 5,677
Ooooh...

The Nicko does draw, and draw pretty good, he does. Awesome, dude.

Oh, the Human Mondo on Lisardo's site is not by her (she wishes she could draw that well). It was by some rabid Mondo fan... TheRendy, I think. Lisa's just posting it for her. But I bet TheRendy won't mind. In fact, if she ever finds yours, she may save the pic to her collection.
HorseTechie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2003, 11:08 AM   #16
Nickokapo
Emperor
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Argentina
Posts: 5,800
Oh i see!Well im relieved to know she wont mind in fact its nice to meet another mondo gecko fan hehe.
BTW thanks for your compliments!I've seen JOOR art and i gotta say wow i think i stumbled upon it while looking for tmnt fanart at elfwood.
I'm hoping i get as good in anathomy as you but with humans instead of horses, 'till then i'll just practice
__________________
Nickokapo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2003, 11:14 AM   #17
HorseTechie
Inactive Moderator
 
HorseTechie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Midwest
Posts: 5,677
aww shucks...

Yeah.. horses are one thing I can draw blindfolded. Takes some effort and observations for me to draw everything else. As they say... practice maketh perfect!
HorseTechie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2003, 11:21 AM   #18
Nickokapo
Emperor
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Argentina
Posts: 5,800
True true!I hated not being able to draw, then i figured one needs practice...
Someone once said you have 10,000 bad drawings in your system, only when you get em out you can start doing good drawings...i dunno if it was chuck jones or walter lantz.
*goes off to scan the skate pic*
__________________
Nickokapo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2003, 11:36 AM   #19
CookSux
Stone Warrior
 
CookSux's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Sparta
Posts: 928
Asides from the anatomy being a little off... the hat has got to go. Unless you live by people who wear helmet sized hats on top of their hair.
CookSux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2003, 11:43 AM   #20
Nickokapo
Emperor
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Argentina
Posts: 5,800
i noticed that, in fact you wouldnt believe it but was even MORE bigger at first then i erasedsome of it hehehe...
I still wanna draw him with a hat, but not that big, maybe i'll have to re-draw the whole head...ugh!
Well i wasnt planning on upping this but im running outta stuff so here's the skating pic
http://www.angelfire.com/linux/sitehpwnage/BestBuds.jpg
Pay no attention to mikey whatsoever, he's totally anatomically incorrect i was just trying to draw a mikey but it wouldnt come out very well and i gave up.
I like mondo gecko in this picture to a degree, but that's about it.
__________________
Nickokapo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:55 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.