The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-05-2010, 09:49 PM   #1
jaymq
Hench Mutant
 
jaymq's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 435
Question Mezcaal and Umeko

I was wondering if anyone could confirm if Mezcaal has any relationship to Umeko/Ninjara? I read on a forum somewhere that she does, but the comics didn't seem to back that up. Just that her grandmother was spiritual, just not a name and Raph didn't seem to give any indication he knew who it was.

Thanks in advance for any info.
jaymq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 10:06 PM   #2
Powder
40 Years of TMNT
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
I thought I read somewhere that mezcaal was Ninjaras daughter or something but I haven't read past like issue 32 of archie so I have no idea.
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 10:22 PM   #3
***First of Two Latin Kings***
Will not be censored
 
***First of Two Latin Kings***'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: The Farm That Time Forgot
Posts: 8,841
No no no. Mezcaal is, I believe, Ninjara's GRAND-Daughter.

I forget where I read that though...

Pretty kinky sh!t if you ask me...

Edit: And, if you think about it, it makes perfect sense since animals in the canine family don't live all that long. If the Turtles are like 100 in the Cyber Samurai mini-series, and Ninjara had HER daughter shortly after TMNT #70...well, you do the math.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
I can hear it now: "I'm sorry little April, I told you that if you didn't take good care of them I'd be taking them away. Now they are going to the lab to be abused for experimentation" (You could almost rewrite this as April caused the fire to get back at her father over it...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCanadiandrome View Post
Powder I'd not defend him, that's just how he gets



International shipping assistance: [email protected]
***First of Two Latin Kings*** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 11:18 PM   #4
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,805
So Raph dated Ninjara and then dates her granddaughter in the future?
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 11:26 PM   #5
Coola Yagami
Overlord
 
Coola Yagami's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 15,684
For all we know, he probably dated her daughter too. Dude got issues.
__________________
"I was down with TMNT once, but then they changed what TMNT was. Now what I was down with is no longer TMNT and what TMNT now is seems weird and scary. And it'll happen to YOU."

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 11:37 PM   #6
***First of Two Latin Kings***
Will not be censored
 
***First of Two Latin Kings***'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: The Farm That Time Forgot
Posts: 8,841
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
So Raph dated Ninjara and then dates her granddaughter in the future?
I don't remember where I read that...but I remember reading it.

I mean, have you noticed her resemblance to Mokoshan too?

It isn't like he was around when she was a kid...he met her after she'd become an adult. So it isn't THAT weird.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
I can hear it now: "I'm sorry little April, I told you that if you didn't take good care of them I'd be taking them away. Now they are going to the lab to be abused for experimentation" (You could almost rewrite this as April caused the fire to get back at her father over it...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCanadiandrome View Post
Powder I'd not defend him, that's just how he gets



International shipping assistance: [email protected]
***First of Two Latin Kings*** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 10:30 AM   #7
Topsu
Hench Mutant
 
Topsu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Finland
Posts: 400
Well, in Ninjara-comics, which appeared in Furrlough, she had a daughter named Moka and Mokoshan was killed. I can't remember seeing mention of Mezcaal being related to Ninjara, but then again, I haven't read all adventures in english, part only in finnish.

It is possible for her to be daughter or even granddaughter of Moka, which would make her either granddaughter or greatgranddaughter of Ninjara. If anyone can tell me where this was mentioned in comics, and maybe a scan of that particular happening, I'd appreciate it.
Topsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 10:56 AM   #8
***First of Two Latin Kings***
Will not be censored
 
***First of Two Latin Kings***'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: The Farm That Time Forgot
Posts: 8,841
I thought I read it in something Dan or Murph posted somewhere. I could be wrong though.

Verification would be nice, but until we have proof otherwise she's Ninjara's grand-daughter as far as I'm concerned.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
I can hear it now: "I'm sorry little April, I told you that if you didn't take good care of them I'd be taking them away. Now they are going to the lab to be abused for experimentation" (You could almost rewrite this as April caused the fire to get back at her father over it...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCanadiandrome View Post
Powder I'd not defend him, that's just how he gets



International shipping assistance: [email protected]
***First of Two Latin Kings*** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 12:13 PM   #9
jaymq
Hench Mutant
 
jaymq's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 435
Quote:
Well, in Ninjara-comics, which appeared in Furrlough, she had a daughter named Moka and Mokoshan was killed. I can't remember seeing mention of Mezcaal being related to Ninjara, but then again, I haven't read all adventures in english, part only in finnish.
I read that too, I also read that names in that clan were taken after parents as well. Or at least, the father.


Quote:
I thought I read it in something Dan or Murph posted somewhere. I could be wrong though.
Can we get in touch with either one of them to find out for sure?



But neither Archie comics or Furlough confirmed blood relations.
jaymq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 12:25 PM   #10
ToTheNines
Col. Stinkmeaner
 
ToTheNines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 19,215
Dan's easy to get ahold of, and I know some people here hold contact with Murphy, so I'm sure we'll find out eventually.

I don't like the idea of them being related, makes Raph really creepy.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 12:27 PM   #11
***First of Two Latin Kings***
Will not be censored
 
***First of Two Latin Kings***'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: The Farm That Time Forgot
Posts: 8,841
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNines View Post
I don't like the idea of them being related, makes Raph really creepy.
Explain?

Like I said, if he didn't meet her until she had grown up/established herself as a mature adult, there's not really anything creepy about it. Let's not make Raphael into Woody Allen.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
I can hear it now: "I'm sorry little April, I told you that if you didn't take good care of them I'd be taking them away. Now they are going to the lab to be abused for experimentation" (You could almost rewrite this as April caused the fire to get back at her father over it...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCanadiandrome View Post
Powder I'd not defend him, that's just how he gets



International shipping assistance: [email protected]
***First of Two Latin Kings*** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 12:33 PM   #12
ToTheNines
Col. Stinkmeaner
 
ToTheNines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 19,215
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oroku_CJJ View Post
Like I said, if he didn't meet her until she had grown up/established herself as a mature adult, there's not really anything creepy about it. Let's not make Raphael into Woody Allen.
For instace, I'd have trouble getting close to a girl who had previously dated a friend of mine. I would never be with someone who had previously dated a family member of mine, especially not my grandfather.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 12:40 PM   #13
***First of Two Latin Kings***
Will not be censored
 
***First of Two Latin Kings***'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: The Farm That Time Forgot
Posts: 8,841
Okay. Well I guess I can't say much to dispute that.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
I can hear it now: "I'm sorry little April, I told you that if you didn't take good care of them I'd be taking them away. Now they are going to the lab to be abused for experimentation" (You could almost rewrite this as April caused the fire to get back at her father over it...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCanadiandrome View Post
Powder I'd not defend him, that's just how he gets



International shipping assistance: [email protected]
***First of Two Latin Kings*** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 06:57 PM   #14
Venom
Space Knight
 
Venom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Colorado
Posts: 3,637
I've posted this several times whenever this pops up, Mezcaal is Ninjara's great-granddaughter.
Venom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 07:06 PM   #15
Coola Yagami
Overlord
 
Coola Yagami's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 15,684
Relative or not, Raph proved that once you go fox, you don't go back.
__________________
"I was down with TMNT once, but then they changed what TMNT was. Now what I was down with is no longer TMNT and what TMNT now is seems weird and scary. And it'll happen to YOU."

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 07:17 PM   #16
plastroncafe
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine
 
plastroncafe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: The Upsidedown
Posts: 7,926
Quote:
Originally Posted by Venom View Post
I've posted this several times whenever this pops up, Mezcaal is Ninjara's great-granddaughter.
Citation needed.
__________________
------------------------------------------------------
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike Spiegel View Post
So your wants and needs as a fan should outweigh everyone else's?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post
There's no sense catering just to one demographic which is idiotic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
just ignore what you don't like rather than obsessing over it and move on with your life.
plastroncafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 09:35 PM   #17
jaymq
Hench Mutant
 
jaymq's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 435
Quote:
Originally Posted by Venom View Post
I've posted this several times whenever this pops up, Mezcaal is Ninjara's great-granddaughter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by plastroncafe View Post
Citation needed.
What plastroncafe said. My point to posting this was asking for a source/proof/whatever else.
jaymq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 09:55 PM   #18
Venom
Space Knight
 
Venom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Colorado
Posts: 3,637
I'll have to go back and check my Archie books to see if it's actually noted as such there. IIRC, 62 had a mention of her grandmother...

I was seriously thinking Murph had clarified Mezcaal's relation to Ninjara on his blog a few years back.
Venom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 10:47 PM   #19
Leo656
Banned
 
Leo656's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: nWo Country
Posts: 27,703
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
Relative or not, Raph proved that once you go fox, you don't go back.
Win.

So Raph being into furries isn't weird, but dating his ex-girlfriend's granddaughter is? That the rule now?

None of it's weird, it's a comic book. I always thought it made Raph a little more deep, like subconsciously he was trying to recapture with Mez what he screwed up with Ninjara. Never bothered me.
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 11:02 PM   #20
***First of Two Latin Kings***
Will not be censored
 
***First of Two Latin Kings***'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: The Farm That Time Forgot
Posts: 8,841
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
None of it's weird, it's a comic book. I always thought it made Raph a little more deep, like subconsciously he was trying to recapture with Mez what he screwed up with Ninjara. Never bothered me.

Never thought of it that way. But Raph is sort of the "Emo," archetypal Lord Byron type...
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
I can hear it now: "I'm sorry little April, I told you that if you didn't take good care of them I'd be taking them away. Now they are going to the lab to be abused for experimentation" (You could almost rewrite this as April caused the fire to get back at her father over it...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCanadiandrome View Post
Powder I'd not defend him, that's just how he gets



International shipping assistance: [email protected]
***First of Two Latin Kings*** is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:29 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.