The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Fan Creations > Fan Works Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-02-2003, 01:43 AM   #1
SavantiRomero
Hench Mutant
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 277
Image I found, would like to post.

First off I want to say hi. Some of you may know me already, but I've been out of touch for almost 3 years. I frequented #tmnt on Dalnet from 96-2000, been to San Diego Comic con in 98 and 2002. I was at the closing of the Words and Pictures Museum in I believe it was 99. And I was up until my deployment to the balkans, a lurker on the TMNT-L Mailing list.

I go by the handle/nick/alias Savanti Romero.

My real name is Chris King.

What I enjoy the most about the TMNT is the art. I enjoy good storylines and plots second most. But above all I'm attracted to the physical depiction and how artists portray them. As such I keep copies of ALL TMNT related art I find. I do not normally edit this art, I merely archive it for keeps sakes. Sites come and go, and many times we lose the precious visual effects that were posted on them.

I have a really nice black and white (with red blood) picture of one of the turles. I thought I got it off this forum, but I haven't had any luck finding it again here. It's possible I saved it off a website. But I saved it recently.

My point is, I wondered how it would look colored. The artists, intent was aparent, black and white using only the color red to draw attention to the blood and wounds. This keeps to the theme that the TMNT are heroes who bleed when cut, hurt when beaten, and very well can die making them more believable and more real to fans.

I colored the turtle using Paint Shop Pro 8 by using simple RGB layers and cutting and pasting. I've also attempted to color it by hand with actual paint tools. The RGB color version is done and I was wondering if anyone would have an objection to me posting the picture? I take absolutely no credit for the picture, and I TRULEY wish that I could figure out who owns it. I just think that others might have liked to have seen it in full color. I even think that the artist who drew it might find some enjoyement from the color rendition.

That and I'm so bored ;p
SavantiRomero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2003, 09:22 AM   #2
CookSux
Stone Warrior
 
CookSux's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Sparta
Posts: 928
People color other people's work all the time. As long as you credit the original artist's work, I don't think anyone has any real objection to it.
CookSux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2003, 10:15 AM   #3
SavantiRomero
Hench Mutant
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 277
:)

Ok then, here's the image, does anyone recognize it?

http://www.geocities.com/savantirome...eenredbage.jpg

If the artist wishes I will remove it immediately.

I've been using PSP for a while now, learning how to use it and how to make art with it, so any pointers/tips would be appreciated.


What I have so far of the one I'm doing by hand is at:

http://www.geocities.com/savantiromero/turtlecolor.jpg

Both are saved in a fairly compressed JPG format for web Veiwing. That and Geocities doesn't like the 1mb originals I was dabbling with
SavantiRomero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2003, 11:01 AM   #4
kyabetsu
Foot Elite
 
kyabetsu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: under my hat
Posts: 4,393
heck yeah... that's Tom Kyzivat

his fan art's here on the drome: http://www.thetechnodrome.com/fanart/tomkyzivat/
kyabetsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2003, 11:12 AM   #5
SavantiRomero
Hench Mutant
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 277
Sweetness. I didn't recolor the blood red as I've always envisioned the TMNT with black blood. Primarily becuase of the black and white comics and they never did bleed in the cartoon :/

I'm trying to cut out all black in the "by hand" version. Using only the colors of skin, blood, bandana and shell.

So if Mr. Tom Kyzivat doesn't like my doing this, just let me know
SavantiRomero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2003, 06:25 PM   #6
Nickokapo
Emperor
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Argentina
Posts: 5,800
You are the same savantiRomero from #tmnt on dalnet?Ah!I knew it!
You probably don't remember me but i used to idle in that channel but they were kinda unfriendly (except for Donatello which is one of the only persons in that channel that i could seem to establish a conversation ) and it wasnt all that tmnt-related, so i ended up leaving
Either way, welcome to the forums dude.
*edit*btw nice cging of that pic, i love that guy's art so naturally i think this is very neat...don't worry about cging pictures, people do it all the time, the joe madureira tmnt pic is good example as it got cg'ed around 2 times, as long as credit goes where it is due it's fine
__________________
Nickokapo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:21 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.