The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-03-2010, 04:33 PM   #1
azrael
Mad Scientist
 
azrael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: loganville, ga
Posts: 1,362
TMNT: Challenges

Is this just an original graphic novel, if so which universe does it tie in to? Mirage, image, or archie?
________
Buy herbalaire vaporizer

Last edited by azrael; 08-12-2011 at 09:46 PM.
azrael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 04:37 PM   #2
oldmanwinters
Overlord
 
oldmanwinters's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Between yesterday and tomorrow!
Posts: 15,480
It is an original volume of stories from the Mirage Universe never since reprinted.

Here's the definitive thread on the issue:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/sho...ght=challenges
__________________

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 07:34 PM   #3
azrael
Mad Scientist
 
azrael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: loganville, ga
Posts: 1,362
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanwinters View Post
It is an original volume of stories from the Mirage Universe never since reprinted.

Here's the definitive thread on the issue:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/sho...ght=challenges
thank you....
________
CUTELILNEO21

Last edited by azrael; 08-12-2011 at 09:46 PM.
azrael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 08:40 PM   #4
raphfan84
Stone Warrior
 
raphfan84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Winston-Salem NC.
Posts: 630
Im wanting to get that Challenges book. Im new to the comics so I had never read the 1st issue until about a year ago But even though I had not read it I still new alot about the Turtles as to where they started and all so im not a complete idiot but what exactly is this Challenges book about? I know it has something like individual stories of each Turtle or something like that. Can someone chime in?
raphfan84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 09:02 PM   #5
azrael
Mad Scientist
 
azrael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: loganville, ga
Posts: 1,362
Well i believe they will redirect you to another thread which I believe has the info. I read enough to add it to my wishlist.... It is definately a must buy.... What is in your collection as of now? Also what are you planning on getting for your collection. For me I plan on getting all mirage and possible image. plus minis and specials
________
WEB SHOWS

Last edited by azrael; 08-12-2011 at 09:46 PM.
azrael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 09:27 PM   #6
Venom
Space Knight
 
Venom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Colorado
Posts: 3,637
Origin - recap via Leo's recollections when a cool, sewer breeze sparks a moment of reflection.
Splinter - The guys get Raph to piss off Splinter to see if he could still fight.
Raphael - After a badass fight with the Foot, retreats before wave 2 shows up and ends up helping a blind, old lady out around her house (better than it sounds lol)
Michelangelo (actually spelled correctly in this book) - Messes with some illegal hunters in ways only Mike can!
Leonardo - Trains his ass off, displaying his prowess and dedication to his family and teachings, forgetting he's a kid really, only to be brought back down to earth by a joke he played on Raph.
Donatello - Designs a game even he can't beat!

All in all a fantastic book!! I have three of them (2 HC's, still shrinkwrapped, 1 softcover signed by Dooney).

Rereading through it just now made me realize (yet again) how much I miss the gang at Mirage.
__________________
Venom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 09:30 PM   #7
oldmanwinters
Overlord
 
oldmanwinters's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Between yesterday and tomorrow!
Posts: 15,480
Quote:
Originally Posted by Venom View Post
Rereading through it just now made me realize (yet again) how much I miss the gang at Mirage.
Yeah, I get that feeling with most of the early 1990s and older era stuff. Good times...
__________________

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 09:34 PM   #8
raphfan84
Stone Warrior
 
raphfan84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Winston-Salem NC.
Posts: 630
Quote:
Originally Posted by azrael View Post
Well i believe they will redirect you to another thread which I believe has the info. I read enough to add it to my wishlist.... It is definately a must buy.... What is in your collection as of now? Also what are you planning on getting for your collection. For me I plan on getting all mirage and possible image. plus minis and specials
Lol well I only have the 1st issue!!! Lol, I know your prob like what, but yeah Im big into the toys. So my collection I want to est. is all of the Mirage issues and I would like to have The Challenges and some other misc ones. Thanks for the info Venom I really wanna hard cover one!
raphfan84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 11:31 PM   #9
Venom
Space Knight
 
Venom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Colorado
Posts: 3,637
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanwinters View Post
Yeah, I get that feeling with most of the early 1990s and older era stuff. Good times...
There's a magical feeling you get while reading the Turtle books, especially the old stuff...it's like you can still feel the positive energy from that era emanating from the pages.

@ raphfan84: Sure thing, glad to be of service!
__________________
Venom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 08:21 PM   #10
DrSpengler
Foot Elite
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 4,842
Wel, this thread reignited my interest in the graphic novel, so I reviewed it.

Such a great piece of work.
DrSpengler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 09:44 PM   #11
Venom
Space Knight
 
Venom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Colorado
Posts: 3,637
And such a great review as always, Spengs!
__________________
Venom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 10:03 PM   #12
raphfan84
Stone Warrior
 
raphfan84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Winston-Salem NC.
Posts: 630
God I got to get this novel, I have heard and keep hearing great things about it. You guys got me wanting one bad! Lol.
raphfan84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 10:39 PM   #13
oldmanwinters
Overlord
 
oldmanwinters's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Between yesterday and tomorrow!
Posts: 15,480
Quote:
Originally Posted by Venom View Post
And such a great review as always, Spengs!
Indeed, Spengs sure does have a gift for prose and wit! It helps that he's so thorough and nuanced in his observations as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raphfan84 View Post
God I got to get this novel, I have heard and keep hearing great things about it. You guys got me wanting one bad! Lol.
Then get it! You might even get lucky and have them send you the hardback version like so many other forum members have received:
http://www.miragelicensing.com/paypal/trades.html
__________________

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 12:12 AM   #14
raphfan84
Stone Warrior
 
raphfan84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Winston-Salem NC.
Posts: 630
Man I really want to, but right now the wallet is tight with Christmas coming up! But def going to pick a hard cover up after Christmas!
raphfan84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 12:48 AM   #15
Rise1184
Hench Mutant
 
Rise1184's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: The Great Valley
Posts: 260
Great book, just ordered from Mirage a little while ago. It's only 10 bucks, awesome deal!
__________________


"He's wrong.. We're NOT wearing costumes."
Rise1184 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 11:52 AM   #16
azrael
Mad Scientist
 
azrael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: loganville, ga
Posts: 1,362
well time to get one must tell wifey about this.... hope mrs. claus will be good for me this year....
________
Live Sex

Last edited by azrael; 08-12-2011 at 09:48 PM.
azrael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 05:00 PM   #17
raphfan84
Stone Warrior
 
raphfan84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Winston-Salem NC.
Posts: 630
Lol, I must say that my Mrs. Clause is def being good to me this Christmas! She got me all 4 MOC Movie Star Turtles, she got me the 4 pk. of the NECA Blk & White Turtles and she also got me the Fugitoid and the Free Comic Book day 1st reprint issue both autographed by Peter Laird! So I think I am going to have a good Christmas the only problem is knowing what you got but you can't have it or see it till Christmas morning!!!
raphfan84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 09:18 PM   #18
azrael
Mad Scientist
 
azrael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: loganville, ga
Posts: 1,362
that sucks i hate that she wont let you sneak a peak? hey fyi some one is selling vol1 complete in the buying/selling/trading area 1-62, 4 micros, fugitoid
________
Dominatorqueen

Last edited by azrael; 08-12-2011 at 09:48 PM.
azrael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 10:03 PM   #19
raphfan84
Stone Warrior
 
raphfan84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Winston-Salem NC.
Posts: 630
Yes I know man, I want it so bad but I honestly cannot afford to buy anything else until after the Holidays which sucks cause there is alot I want right now that's being sold for pretty cheap!!!
raphfan84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 10:26 PM   #20
azrael
Mad Scientist
 
azrael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: loganville, ga
Posts: 1,362
u can always try and make a deal with a promise to pay...
________
HugeAddicted

Last edited by azrael; 08-12-2011 at 09:49 PM.
azrael is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:43 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.