The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

View Poll Results: Which version of the TMNT should the new film be based on?
Original Mirage Comic Books 40 64.52%
1987 Animated Series 9 14.52%
Original Film Series 6 9.68%
2003 Animated Series 7 11.29%
Voters: 62. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-13-2010, 05:01 PM   #1
Hanzo the Razor
Random Punk
 
Hanzo the Razor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Maryland
Posts: 19
Which Version Would You Like the New Movie to Be Based On?

Apologies if this has been discussed already... I'm new here.
__________________
Hanzo the Razor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 05:04 PM   #2
The Stryker
Stupid Rich
 
The Stryker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Room 237
Posts: 11,152
A mixture of early mirage and OT.
__________________

@~<3 Mom~@
The Stryker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 05:28 PM   #3
Koi
Mad Scientist
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 1,787
None of the above. I want something different.
Koi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 05:41 PM   #4
gobo
Wacky Action
 
gobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: on Earth
Posts: 12,784
TMNT Adventures for the movie. The series can be based on the anime.
__________________
Live and let live... or go to hell.

gobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 06:00 PM   #5
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing
 
Candy Kappa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Vikingland
Posts: 14,596
Mix of the Anime and Next Mutation.

And the movie is a mix of Zack Snyder and Quentin Tarantino style only a musical

Last edited by Candy Kappa; 12-13-2010 at 06:11 PM.
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 06:03 PM   #6
technicalfoul
Random Punk
 
technicalfoul's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Guelph, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 49
I said 2k3, but I'd be fine with it based on the comics or the first 2 films.
technicalfoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 07:53 PM   #7
Eiko
Aussie and Proud
 
Eiko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Foot HQ Australia
Posts: 1,816
I would like to see somthing new or else somthing like the Turtles when they are adults like in Same As It Never Was or the Archie future Turtles.
__________________
Eiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 08:32 PM   #8
Venom
Space Knight
 
Venom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Colorado
Posts: 3,637
Let 'em be badass, even if it has to be confined to a PG-13 rating. So long as they draw a little blood.
__________________
Venom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 09:10 PM   #9
raphfan84
Stone Warrior
 
raphfan84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Winston-Salem NC.
Posts: 630
Most defiantly based off the Mirage Comics.
raphfan84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 09:11 PM   #10
Powder
40 Years of TMNT
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
Truthfully, I'll be happy with almost anything. My vote went to the mirage comics, though.
That's my version of choice.
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 12:51 AM   #11
Fugitoid Jones
Stone Warrior
 
Fugitoid Jones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: D'hoonib, VT
Posts: 886
I voted for the Mirage comics, but like Pineapplehead, I want something different. Something we haven't seen before that still maintains the elements of the Turtles that we love. So like no superpowers or set in an alien-inhabited future earth or sh!t like that.
__________________

"You are right, I have always known about man. From the evidence, I believe his wisdom must walk hand and hand with his idiocy. His emotions must rule his brain. He must be a warlike creature who gives battle to everything around him, even himself."
-Dr. Zaius
Fugitoid Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 04:36 AM   #12
KittenBunny
Foot Soldier
 
KittenBunny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Tuna can. Shud be a luxurious Tiger Kitten Bunny Pad- straight outta a '66 Vouge Italia Living Issue
Posts: 168
Where's the next mutation option in the poll jks

I'd love to see them redesigned as adults though, coming out of their teens sort of like the NM tried, and based off of hmmm thats tough, its a toss up between the OT or 2k3's toons but live action!! A combo would be nice, but please no CGI... ick
__________________
"a schnook with looks who can cook!" - Mikey
KittenBunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 06:04 AM   #13
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing
 
Candy Kappa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Vikingland
Posts: 14,596
I don't understand the hate on CGI, especially how good CGI is today
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 07:56 AM   #14
psyrusly
Foot Soldier
 
psyrusly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 130
Mirage comics for me.Preferably a trilogy consists of #1 to #7+raph microseries(me,myself & I) in between.
psyrusly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 08:54 AM   #15
shuriken
Second City Shinobi
 
shuriken's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Chi-town
Posts: 4,182
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stryker View Post
A mixture of early mirage and OT.
I kinda agree. In terms of the tone at least. Not necessarily any of the characters from the OT barring some brief nods/cameos of characters such as B and R in human forms or Irma and Vernon.
I'd like a new Universe that doesn't limit itself to just one inspired universe.
__________________
Some things are better left unsaid. This isn't one of them
shuriken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 12:15 PM   #16
Luzmagica
A Magic Light Dudette!
 
Luzmagica's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Spain.
Posts: 3,878
I think they are going to released something totally- absolutely new this next series...!
__________________
Luzmagica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 12:53 PM   #17
azrael
Mad Scientist
 
azrael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: loganville, ga
Posts: 1,362
I want a this next movie to rank with Dark Knight... I know its a little to much But I want something that I put in to watch rarely because I dont want to ruin the movie due to over exposer.
________
Extreme q vaporizer review

Last edited by azrael; 08-12-2011 at 09:52 PM.
azrael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 11:43 AM   #18
Sage Ninja
Band of the Hawk
 
Sage Ninja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: USA
Posts: 3,926
I want something we haven't seen before but with a mirage tone to it. Like maybe instead of having the turtles trust April right off the bat have them be leery or perhaps a mildly hostile toward her since she is the first human they have ever met until she earns their trust. Heck maybe have April against them for a brief time until she learns they aren't evil monsters. I don't know but lets pull away from the status quo and shake things up a bit.
__________________

Cassandra: You won't fight me, but will you fight--for him!

Cassandra's Revenge

~Tangled the Series
________________________________
http://frankviola.org/2012/01/30/godsviewofawoman/
_______________________________
http://nox-artemis.tumblr.com/post/4...k-and-feminism
Sage Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 04:20 AM   #19
Fugitoid Jones
Stone Warrior
 
Fugitoid Jones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: D'hoonib, VT
Posts: 886
I change my mind. I want a new movie based off the Coming Out Of Their Shells Tour. It could be like the Hanna Montana movie, or The Country Bears, but with less Christopher Walken! Yeah, that's the ticket!

Less story, more ham-fisted rock!
__________________

"You are right, I have always known about man. From the evidence, I believe his wisdom must walk hand and hand with his idiocy. His emotions must rule his brain. He must be a warlike creature who gives battle to everything around him, even himself."
-Dr. Zaius
Fugitoid Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 08:35 AM   #20
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing
 
Candy Kappa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Vikingland
Posts: 14,596
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fugitoid Jones View Post
but with less Christopher Walken!
how dare you to suggest such a thing. this movie needs Walken, as Splinter
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
live-action films


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:52 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.