The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > 4Kids TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-04-2011, 05:25 PM   #1
Cowabunga Carl
Mad Scientist
 
Cowabunga Carl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Salt Lake City
Posts: 2,384
Season 4 ep Bad Day

So I'm watching this episode right now and I realized had I never seen it or known that there was more seasons this could be one really messed up episode. First Klunk gets flushed away and then Casey and April get shot with a missile. I mean really this had to have been one really messed up episode when it first aired. I really think it would be more traumatizing for children then Insane in the Membrane.
Cowabunga Carl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 06:29 PM   #2
k_lala
Hench Mutant
 
k_lala's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 413
Yup there's a lot of episodes that are really violent. I forgot that one episode was called, where Leo stabbed master splinter with the sword. It was the fake Splinter, but they showed the impaling.
k_lala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 06:32 PM   #3
Cowabunga Carl
Mad Scientist
 
Cowabunga Carl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Salt Lake City
Posts: 2,384
I just found it odd that this one aired and Insane didn't. I have to say after not seeing this episode for a little while it was quite good. I liked how it looked as if everything the Turtles had worked for and cared about was being taken away.
Cowabunga Carl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 06:52 PM   #4
Icebot
Foot Elite
 
Icebot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: East Coast, US
Posts: 3,225
As scary as some of the things that happened in this episode is, none of it was real. It was just a dream or something, that Karai was able to access and launch attacks on the turtles with the mystic ninjas. I think that's the reason 4Kids didn't hesitate to air this like Insane In The Membrane.
Icebot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 10:30 PM   #5
Mr. Stay Puft
Stone Warrior
 
Mr. Stay Puft's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: NH
Posts: 580
Quote:
Originally Posted by k_lala View Post
Yup there's a lot of episodes that are really violent. I forgot that one episode was called, where Leo stabbed master splinter with the sword. It was the fake Splinter, but they showed the impaling.
I believe you're thinking of "The Darkness Within" from season 3.
__________________


And there came a day. A day unlike any other, when Earth’s mightiest heroes found themselves united against a common threat, to fight the foes no single superhero could withstand. On that day, the Avengers were born.

R.I.P Chi Cheng and Jeff Hanneman
Mr. Stay Puft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 10:45 PM   #6
Ninjinister
無問題
 
Ninjinister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Moesko Island, WA
Posts: 14,348
This show had a LOT of s**t in it that ordinarily would've been censored or banned.
__________________
Ninjinister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 11:17 PM   #7
gobo
Wacky Action
 
gobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: on Earth
Posts: 12,784
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icebot View Post
As scary as some of the things that happened in this episode is, none of it was real.
As opposed to all the other eps, which were exclusively non-fiction. In as much as I wouldn't doubt this could likely have been a reason, I just can't resist laughing at this ridiculous logic.
__________________
Live and let live... or go to hell.

gobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 11:19 PM   #8
Sage Ninja
Band of the Hawk
 
Sage Ninja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: USA
Posts: 3,926
Quote:
Originally Posted by gobo View Post
AS OPPOSED TO THE REST OR THE EPS, WHICH WERE ENTIRELY NON-FICTION. :p
...nitpicker!
__________________

Cassandra: You won't fight me, but will you fight--for him!

Cassandra's Revenge

~Tangled the Series
________________________________
http://frankviola.org/2012/01/30/godsviewofawoman/
_______________________________
http://nox-artemis.tumblr.com/post/4...k-and-feminism
Sage Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 08:34 AM   #9
k_lala
Hench Mutant
 
k_lala's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 413
Yup i think your allowed to get away with a lot of things if the situation in the toon is not real or a dream. This is why TMNT is so different than any other toon out there, it pushed the envelope as far as violence and got away with it.
k_lala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 11:23 AM   #10
Xav
Foot Elite
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 3,040
Yeah like in "Same As It Never Was" the Turtles could die because they were still alive in the past.
Xav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 01:43 PM   #11
Coola Yagami
Overlord
 
Coola Yagami's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 15,684
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xav View Post
Yeah like in "Same As It Never Was" the Turtles could die because they were still alive in the past.
and cause Don could now go to the past and prevent that from happening...
__________________
"I was down with TMNT once, but then they changed what TMNT was. Now what I was down with is no longer TMNT and what TMNT now is seems weird and scary. And it'll happen to YOU."

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 06:29 PM   #12
FearlessLeader
Mad Scientist
 
FearlessLeader's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Watching Space Heroes
Posts: 1,048
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowabunga Carl View Post
I just found it odd that this one aired and Insane didn't. I have to say after not seeing this episode for a little while it was quite good. I liked how it looked as if everything the Turtles had worked for and cared about was being taken away.
I think the problem with "Insane" was how graphic it was. Both "Bad Day" and "Insane" have what could be considered disturbing content, but "Insane" actually shows Baxter's body falling apart on scene, while all the violent death in "Bad Day" is implied off screen
__________________

Artwork by Jim Lawson
FearlessLeader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 08:18 PM   #13
megashredder
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 55
The best part of the show was Shredder in his new armor. That's the first time i saw it. Also this is the mystics second appearance. But this episode shows the mystics have to serve whoever hold the heart of tengu. This explains how Karai found the turtles in Scion of the shredder. They should have done some episode about shredder's involvment with the mystics.
megashredder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 02:56 PM   #14
Drose18
The Catalina Wine Mixer
 
Drose18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 1,865
I remember seeing that episode as I kid in 2005ish It gave my nightmares then the night mares went away, then I saw adventures in turlesitting I was scared for a long time, a few minutes ago i saw the new splinter for nick and I have nightmares again
Drose18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 02:59 PM   #15
ToTheNines
Col. Stinkmeaner
 
ToTheNines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 19,215
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshadamd View Post
I remember seeing that episode as I kid in 2005ish It gave my nightmares then the night mares went away, then I saw adventures in turlesitting I was scared for a long time, a few minutes ago i saw the new splinter for nick and I have nightmares again
I would ban you. If I could.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 04:36 PM   #16
gobo
Wacky Action
 
gobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: on Earth
Posts: 12,784
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshadamd View Post
I remember seeing that episode as I kid in 2005ish It gave my nightmares then the night mares went away, then I saw adventures in turlesitting I was scared for a long time, a few minutes ago i saw the new splinter for nick and I have nightmares again
Pointless post is pointless. I agree though that Nick's Splinter is fugly. He has a skunk's face.
__________________
Live and let live... or go to hell.

gobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 04:57 PM   #17
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,296
Quote:
Originally Posted by gobo View Post
Pointless post is pointless. I agree though that Nick's Splinter is fugly. He has a skunk's face.
At least a skunk is a glorified rodent, lots of times Splinter looks like a dog.
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 05:16 PM   #18
Avatar Yuffie
Stone Warrior
 
Avatar Yuffie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 805
No, Insane from the Membrane still gets my vote.

It's just... the whole "bad things happen and it's all a dream" premise I sorta already watched in BTAS... also Karai screeching in the ending like she's throwing a tantrum also didn't help for me.
__________________


We all know that Most Writers Are Male. Something like eighty percent of media aimed at children have male main characters, whereas half the population is female. At best, women will often be minor characters or will not be present at all. Stories about women are for women, stories about men are for general consumption. (TV Tropes Feminist Fantasy)
Avatar Yuffie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 08:04 AM   #19
DarkLightDragon
Mad Scientist
 
DarkLightDragon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Michigan
Posts: 1,026
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avatar Yuffie View Post
No, Insane from the Membrane still gets my vote.

It's just... the whole "bad things happen and it's all a dream" premise I sorta already watched in BTAS... also Karai screeching in the ending like she's throwing a tantrum also didn't help for me.
Agreed. But at least Bad Day did the whole 'worst case scenario being all a dream' a bit less predictable by having the Foot Mystics being behind it because I don't think anyone would've known they could do such a thing from what little we've seen of their power since RTN.

That, and 'Insane in the Membrane' had way more graphic imagery even for 4Kids to edit out without making the episode run for less than 22 mins. Just try to imagine how much would've been edited out if they ever decided to air the episode.
DarkLightDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 08:29 AM   #20
Galactus
Foot Elite
 
Galactus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 3,009
I do like the episode but it wasn't really traumatic as the end makes it very clear that it was all a dream/hallucination/vision and not real.

I'd say "Return to New York Part 3" was probably the most daring the show got. Leonardo decapitates the Shredder. It's only the very end of the ep we see Shredder is alive and we only learn how in the next season, eight episodes in.

For kids the implication is clear that Leo meant to kill Shred-head and as far he knew actualy did it.
Galactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:26 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.