The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > 4Kids TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-15-2011, 11:52 AM   #1
Mona_Lisa
Stone Warrior
 
Mona_Lisa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 516
Talking Self Proclaimed Defender of the OT

To start…. When I’m not lurking I am a self proclaimed defender of the OT cartoon.
That said for several reasons I didn’t get to see many of the 4kids tmnt cartoon episodes (I got a job got married, etcetera). So recently I’ve started watching them in order on youtube. I just finished the 1st season. I have to say…. It was really good. In fact I loved it.
For sentimental reasons the old toon will always be my favorite, but I am willing to admit 4kids may have actually made some improvements on the OT.
Casey Jones is a much more likeable character in the 4kids turtles, April changes her clothes once in a while, I like how Don carries around his bag of gadgets, and Raph he’s just bad…. In a good way. LOL!!!!! Leo has always been my lest favorite turtle, but now I love him like the rest. I love how he took down so many foot by himself, and I love how he was a little frightened after he got so beat up, and then we were able to see him over come those fears!
I can understand now why some prefer the 4kids turtles….. But still don’t like to see people talking trash about the OT.
Now if you will excuse me I need to start on season 2!!!!!!
Mona_Lisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 11:54 AM   #2
Sword Slicin' Leo
Stone Warrior
 
Sword Slicin' Leo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: 11th & Bleeker
Posts: 763
Totally agree with you..if it was'nt for OT 99% of turtles merchandise would never of been created...
Sword Slicin' Leo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 12:42 PM   #3
TheCanadiandrome
Big, Bad & Bold
 
TheCanadiandrome's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Inside the Technodrome; Shredderville; Saskatchewan
Posts: 19,719
i third this
__________________


Add me: PSN/XBL; Nintendo Network ID: BDS-3.1.6; Switch FC: SW-3378-5206-8020

TMNT Fan Club: http://sot.ag/4jZR0

Visit My Wish List:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=30904

My Collection:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=40276
TheCanadiandrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 12:45 PM   #4
FearlessLeader
Mad Scientist
 
FearlessLeader's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Watching Space Heroes
Posts: 1,048
That's what I like about Turtles Forever. It really makes every version of the franchise just like one big family. None is better then the other, they just appeal to different people with different tastes.

Thank you for you posting this!
__________________

Artwork by Jim Lawson
FearlessLeader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 02:47 PM   #5
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,798
I don't know why anyone would limit themselves to the OT or the original 3 movies.

The comics and the 4kids cartoon are all worth getting into.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 02:53 PM   #6
Zachatello00
On the beat!
 
Zachatello00's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Hiding behind the phone booth
Posts: 2,132
I second this.
__________________
"You're still news!"
Zachatello00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 12:14 PM   #7
Mona_Lisa
Stone Warrior
 
Mona_Lisa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 516
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
I don't know why anyone would limit themselves to the OT or the original 3 movies.

The comics and the 4kids cartoon are all worth getting into.
I agree, although I will admit... When the next mutation came out I read the back of the box, and got really upset over the 5 turtle and the fact that the original 4 where not "blood" related. Never watched even one episode it made me so mad. And I was a huge Turtle fan then too...
Mona_Lisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 01:00 PM   #8
Turo602
The King of Kings
 
Turo602's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Chicago Illinois
Posts: 2,931
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mona_Lisa View Post
I agree, although I will admit... When the next mutation came out I read the back of the box, and got really upset over the 5 turtle and the fact that the original 4 where not "blood" related. Never watched even one episode it made me so mad. And I was a huge Turtle fan then too...
But weren't they not blood in the OT? They always called each other friends.

But yes, I hate when people feel the need to dis a different version just for the hell of it. I like OT, Movies, Mirage, and the 4Kids versions. They all offer something different that is still TMNT and very enjoyable in different ways. But since I grew up with the 4Kids show, it will always be my favorite, but I'll never forget the Mirage, 80s, and Movie Turtles or stop liking them. After all the 4Kids TMNT would of never been possible if it weren't for the OT TMNT. They put the TMNT on the map.
__________________
Turo602 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 04:45 PM   #9
gobo
Wacky Action
 
gobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: on Earth
Posts: 12,784
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turo602 View Post
But weren't they not blood in the OT? They always called each other friends.
There was only one ep I came across in my marathon where Townsend-Splinter was talking to one and referred to the others as "your brother turtles". So, more than likely, that was a fluke and they weren't related at all.
__________________
Live and let live... or go to hell.

gobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 04:48 PM   #10
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,798
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mona_Lisa View Post
I agree, although I will admit... When the next mutation came out I read the back of the box, and got really upset over the 5 turtle and the fact that the original 4 where not "blood" related. Never watched even one episode it made me so mad. And I was a huge Turtle fan then too...
There are so many different versions of TMNT, just like the different versions of Batman, Spiderman, etc. out there.

There's no point to limit yourself to one specific incarnation of them.

Next Mutation is the low point of the Turtle franchise though.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 05:08 PM   #11
sdp
Detoxed Member
 
sdp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Tokio, Italy
Posts: 11,185
I've always treat the brother thing the same way they call Splinter "father", I mean it makes no sense that they are biologically brothers.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 05:27 PM   #12
Avatar Yuffie
Stone Warrior
 
Avatar Yuffie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 805
I'm trying to watch TNM right now, but it's so hard to take it seriously (I keep laughing at Splinter's spirit journey).

But yeah, I also loved the OT back then. But during the 90s other things got my attention and I never noticed the newer TMNTs until the 2007 film (and it's not because of being a former TMNT fan, I went there because it's Mako's last VA performance).

I only came back to the Technodrome forums for good because of Turtles Forever, when I realized I still love the OT after all (then went researching about Mirage Turtles, and gave the 2K3 another go). XD

I really regret losing my few Archie Turtle comics now too, it would have been interesting re-reading it.
__________________


We all know that Most Writers Are Male. Something like eighty percent of media aimed at children have male main characters, whereas half the population is female. At best, women will often be minor characters or will not be present at all. Stories about women are for women, stories about men are for general consumption. (TV Tropes Feminist Fantasy)

Last edited by Avatar Yuffie; 02-23-2011 at 05:54 PM.
Avatar Yuffie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 04:22 AM   #13
Luzmagica
A Magic Light Dudette!
 
Luzmagica's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Spain.
Posts: 3,878
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mona_Lisa View Post
….. But still don’t like to see people talking trash about the OT.
....What??? * laughing* Who dares in a TMNT fan forum to trash about OT??? ....
__________________
Luzmagica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 05:03 AM   #14
gobo
Wacky Action
 
gobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: on Earth
Posts: 12,784
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luzmagica View Post
....What??? * laughing* Who dares in a TMNT fan forum to trash about OT??? ....
I try not to. I just can't resist giving my opinion sometimes.
__________________
Live and let live... or go to hell.

gobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 11:36 AM   #15
Fugitoid Jones
Stone Warrior
 
Fugitoid Jones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: D'hoonib, VT
Posts: 886
I, and a lot of others on here I'm sure, like to voice our complaints about certain aspects of the OT, but would never outright BASH it. Certain things about the OT kinda bug me now and could've been improved, but I still love that show and think it's totally enjoyable.
__________________

"You are right, I have always known about man. From the evidence, I believe his wisdom must walk hand and hand with his idiocy. His emotions must rule his brain. He must be a warlike creature who gives battle to everything around him, even himself."
-Dr. Zaius
Fugitoid Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 06:44 PM   #16
Utromshredderhater
Hench Mutant
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 255
What I don't like about Turtles Forever is that they played the OT turtles to be useless, like The NT are soooooo wonderful
Utromshredderhater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 06:49 PM   #17
FearlessLeader
Mad Scientist
 
FearlessLeader's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Watching Space Heroes
Posts: 1,048
Quote:
Originally Posted by Utromshredderhater View Post
What I don't like about Turtles Forever is that they played the OT turtles to be useless, like The NT are soooooo wonderful
They play them up to be silly but they are the ones that eventually save everyone so I would hardly say they make them out as useless through the whole film.

That's what's nice about it you see the positives and negatives of every version of the Turtles.... and yes the 2003 Turtles were wonderful in their own way in their own right. Same as old toon was in theirs.
__________________

Artwork by Jim Lawson
FearlessLeader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 07:41 PM   #18
Utromshredderhater
Hench Mutant
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 255
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reira View Post
They play them up to be silly but they are the ones that eventually save everyone so I would hardly say they make them out as useless through the whole film.

That's what's nice about it you see the positives and negatives of every version of the Turtles.... and yes the 2003 Turtles were wonderful in their own way in their own right. Same as old toon was in theirs.
Actually I was being sarcastic with the NT
Utromshredderhater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 08:03 PM   #19
FearlessLeader
Mad Scientist
 
FearlessLeader's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Watching Space Heroes
Posts: 1,048
Quote:
Originally Posted by Utromshredderhater View Post
Actually I was being sarcastic with the NT
Thank you for the clarification but I realized that. I was simply trying to take the high rode and point out that every version of the guys is wonderful in it's own way to someone. Instead of simple being a snot back to you which I could have.

__________________

Artwork by Jim Lawson
FearlessLeader is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:23 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.