The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > 4Kids TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-04-2011, 01:02 AM   #1
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,296
Homemade Season 3 Vols 1 and 2 and Season 4 Vol 1

Since Viacom now has the rights to the 4Kids series, and we may not ever see a compiled season 3 in 2 volumes of a proper season 4 vol 1, has anyone taken their Season 3-4 DVDs (3.1-7) and cobbled together their own for space and continuity's sake? I mainly ask because I'm kinda curious what DVD sleeve you might have used...if any, since I'm not the most skilled with (IE never have used, and don't own) Photoshop.

EDIT: How big of a continuity hole does having Still Nobody after All Hallows Thieves cause?
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 05:17 AM   #2
Xav
Foot Elite
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 3,040
There is no continuity hole having those episodes out of order as they have nothing to do with one another.
Xav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 05:45 AM   #3
gobo
Wacky Action
 
gobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: on Earth
Posts: 12,784
I always had the intention of doing something similar someday in the back of my mind. But, I never got around to it. I just don't want to waste the effort if Nick is gonna release suitable collections themselves in the future. But, if/when, I plan to do a full series collection on likely 19 discs (17 dual-layer & 2 single), with interstitials and the FF animatic ep.

Now that I think of it, I'll probably do some protos w/o menus or labels, just so I can cut down on disc-swapping.
__________________
Live and let live... or go to hell.

gobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 06:08 AM   #4
ToTheNines
Col. Stinkmeaner
 
ToTheNines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 19,225
I just went and bought the Australian versions of them. They don't match up perfectly on my turtles shelf, but eff it.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 08:13 AM   #5
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,296
That may be a plan as well... considering even if Nick finishes the job, it's bound to not look the same either.
The biggest reason I even wanna do this is I've been watching the 2 animated series together season by season. I'm watching season 2 of the OT now that I've finished Season 1 and 2 of the NT and of course season 1 of the OT. Once I get to season 3...disk-swap-a-poloza.
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 11:33 AM   #6
Abnormal Freak
Stone Warrior
 
Abnormal Freak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: MN
Posts: 779
Oh, man... I'm going through season three right now with a printout of the episode order. Swapping these discs like mad. Eventually, if I go through the series again, I'd like to somehow rip all of the episodes and compile them in order on writable DVDs. I don't know if I'd do elaborate sleeve artwork, and I'd keep the original DVDs, but it would be so much easier to do things this way.
__________________
Abnormal Freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 06:16 PM   #7
oldmanwinters
Overlord
 
oldmanwinters's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Between yesterday and tomorrow!
Posts: 15,480
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
That may be a plan as well... considering even if Nick finishes the job, it's bound to not look the same either.
The biggest reason I even wanna do this is I've been watching the 2 animated series together season by season. I'm watching season 2 of the OT now that I've finished Season 1 and 2 of the NT and of course season 1 of the OT. Once I get to season 3...disk-swap-a-poloza.
Dude, Jester, you really are buffing up on your "research," eh?
You're gonna put me to shame in our future commentaries!
__________________

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 06:30 PM   #8
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,296
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanwinters View Post
Dude, Jester, you really are buffing up on your "research," eh?
You're gonna put me to shame in our future commentaries!
It's just something that happens to me when I watch something. Say I wanna see a certain clip to use for something, some times I wind up watching the whole episode. That's how it started. I was watching Season 1 of the NT for Things Change...and kept going, then we decided to do Turtle Tracks and it snow balled....
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 11:05 PM   #9
ToTheNines
Col. Stinkmeaner
 
ToTheNines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 19,225


That's my collection. In case you're kinda stoopid, the sets we're currently discussing are towards the right.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 11:07 PM   #10
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,296
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNines View Post
Spoiler:


That's my collection. In case you're kinda stoopid, the sets we're currently discussing are towards the right.
They got Back to the Sewer in Oz, too? man i may have to import all 5 box sets.
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 03:06 AM   #11
Abnormal Freak
Stone Warrior
 
Abnormal Freak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: MN
Posts: 779
If the Australian DVDs for season three are anything like the ones for Back to the Sewer, then they look like complete ass. I'd rather deal with the disc-swapping and at least get decent video quality.

Hoping Nickelodeon do proper DVD releases in line with seasons one and two here.
__________________
Abnormal Freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 03:23 AM   #12
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,296
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abnormal Freak View Post
If the Australian DVDs for season three are anything like the ones for Back to the Sewer, then they look like complete ass. I'd rather deal with the disc-swapping and at least get decent video quality.

Hoping Nickelodeon do proper DVD releases in line with seasons one and two here.
Pretty bad, eh?
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 05:26 AM   #13
ToTheNines
Col. Stinkmeaner
 
ToTheNines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 19,225
Personally, I thought the BttS DVD's looked really good lol.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 08:00 AM   #14
gobo
Wacky Action
 
gobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: on Earth
Posts: 12,784
^ So did I. You sure you're not just using crappy hardware, Freak? O_o Or might you just be talking about the packaging (which was still a step up from the US releases)?
__________________
Live and let live... or go to hell.

gobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 01:53 PM   #15
Abnormal Freak
Stone Warrior
 
Abnormal Freak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: MN
Posts: 779
You guys don't notice all the excessive macroblocking and pixelation? :p

I'm playing them through an Oppo PAL-to-NTSC DVD player on a really good Sony SDTV via S-Video. All my other PAL DVDs look rather good on it.
__________________
Abnormal Freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 02:17 PM   #16
gobo
Wacky Action
 
gobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: on Earth
Posts: 12,784
Try playing it w/o that whachamacallit. Playing it on my DVD player w/o any type of filters, it looked perfect.
__________________
Live and let live... or go to hell.

gobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 02:59 PM   #17
Spitfire
Writer • Director
 
Spitfire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 12,035
The normal releases of all the episodes up until the Season 4 set look like crap as it is and have that annoying "1 2 3 Turtles" count off at every break. The BTTS disks didn't have that crap and they looked nice on my computer. I don't know what the S3 and 4 disks are like but I've considered getting them several times.
__________________
Check out my online portfolio
http://www.christopherpelletier.com/
Spitfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 04:18 PM   #18
Abnormal Freak
Stone Warrior
 
Abnormal Freak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: MN
Posts: 779
Quote:
Originally Posted by gobo View Post
Try playing it w/o that whachamacallit. Playing it on my DVD player w/o any type of filters, it looked perfect.
I'm not watching with any filters. ;p If you mean my DVD player's PAL-to-NTSC conversion, it's the only way I can watch them on a TV. If you mean S-Video, that's just a video cable, far superior to composite.

The individual/jumbled US S3 DVDs aren't very good by any means, and I think they may even be interlaced, but they look a whole hell of a lot better than the Aussie BTTS DVDs I bought, which are just rife with incessant terrible artifacting.
__________________
Abnormal Freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:43 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.