The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > 4Kids TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-31-2011, 07:57 PM   #1
gobo
Wacky Action
 
gobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: on Earth
Posts: 12,784
Did 2K3 borrow from Mirage Vol. 4?

Or was it the other way around? The concepts that weren't in the franchise before the 4kids series, were they in 2K3 or Mirage Vol. 4 first? Aside from asking Laird directly, this is the best way to determine the answer.
__________________
Live and let live... or go to hell.

gobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 08:32 PM   #2
Revan
Han Shot First
 
Revan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Paper Street Soap Company
Posts: 3,687
The big brawl aired may 15 2004 and Leo visited the battle nexus in vol 4 in 2005.

I would say vol 4 borrowed the battle nexus from the 4kids series. Though vol 4's version of the nexus is a bit confusing

And I remember reading one of PL's replies in vol 4 regarding vol 4's version of the nexus and the 4kids version. I think PL specifically said vol 4's version has some subtle differences. Though we probably won't ever get a conclusion to the mystery behind Splinter's presence there
__________________
Revan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 09:31 PM   #3
FearlessLeader
Mad Scientist
 
FearlessLeader's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Watching Space Heroes
Posts: 1,048
Considering how creatively involved Peter was with the 2k3 series it wouldn't surprise me to see that he planned things to correspond at times. For the Battle Nexus, he has said in a couple of different interviews or around his blogs, (as I often don't recall where I read/see things) how much he enjoyed that arc in the TV series so the fact it made it's way into the comic doesn't surprise me.
__________________

Artwork by Jim Lawson
FearlessLeader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 07:35 AM   #4
k_lala
Hench Mutant
 
k_lala's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 413
Didn't Vol 4 also focus on an older set of turtles? Like in their 30's?
k_lala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 07:53 AM   #5
Revan
Han Shot First
 
Revan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Paper Street Soap Company
Posts: 3,687
Yes, many years have passed between volume 2 and volume 4. They are no longer teenagers. I think I remember one of the turtles comment that fighting isn't as easy as it used to be. However, the triceratons later comment that Mike is possibly a better fighter than he was as a teenager. I got mixed messages from PL regarding their physical conditioning but they all still seem quite capable.

The turtles are much older and apart for most of volume 4 off each having a separate adventure. Raph, Don, and Leo meet up briefly towards the "end" but Mike has yet to return
__________________
Revan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 10:03 AM   #6
gobo
Wacky Action
 
gobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: on Earth
Posts: 12,784
Aha! Raptarr! That's what inspired me to make this thread. He was in volume 4 before he was in the show. So, my question was: which borrowed from the other first? And, I'm only concerned with V4, not the previous Volumes. Otherwise, you could say it got its main characters from V1.
__________________
Live and let live... or go to hell.

gobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 11:01 AM   #7
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,804
PL put the Battle Nexus in Vol. 4 because he liked it in the 4kids cartoon, so it originated there first.

However I do think the aliens walking around in Fast Forward on Earth might have been influenced by Vol. 4. Perhaps PL suggested that.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 09:19 AM   #8
PizzaPower
Foot Elite
 
PizzaPower's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Pizza Parlor
Posts: 3,200
yea peter laird has this weird thing with monsters, lol.
PizzaPower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 09:52 AM   #9
gobo
Wacky Action
 
gobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: on Earth
Posts: 12,784
Can I get some confirmation that the winged guy in issue (I think it was) 2 was actually Raptarr or at least a prototype?
__________________
Live and let live... or go to hell.

gobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 10:51 AM   #10
***First of Two Latin Kings***
Will not be censored
 
***First of Two Latin Kings***'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: The Farm That Time Forgot
Posts: 8,841
Quote:
Originally Posted by gobo View Post
Can I get some confirmation that the winged guy in issue (I think it was) 2 was actually Raptarr or at least a prototype?
What do you mean?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
I can hear it now: "I'm sorry little April, I told you that if you didn't take good care of them I'd be taking them away. Now they are going to the lab to be abused for experimentation" (You could almost rewrite this as April caused the fire to get back at her father over it...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCanadiandrome View Post
Powder I'd not defend him, that's just how he gets



International shipping assistance: [email protected]
***First of Two Latin Kings*** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 12:37 PM   #11
gobo
Wacky Action
 
gobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: on Earth
Posts: 12,784
The 'angel' that saved Mikey.
__________________
Live and let live... or go to hell.

gobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 07:54 PM   #12
FearlessLeader
Mad Scientist
 
FearlessLeader's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Watching Space Heroes
Posts: 1,048
Quote:
Originally Posted by gobo View Post
Can I get some confirmation that the winged guy in issue (I think it was) 2 was actually Raptarr or at least a prototype?
Well they refer to him as Raptarr in the comics, is that what you mean? I don't believe he is ever given a back story the same as the character on the 4Kids show. In the comic we just know he is a winged super hero.
__________________

Artwork by Jim Lawson
FearlessLeader is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:47 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.