The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-28-2011, 11:59 PM   #1
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,814
IDW and Pizzaface

Although it was very likely a joke, Bobby of IDW suggests the possibility of Pizzaface appearing in the series:

http://forum.idwpublishing.com/viewt...0128&start=150

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby
I can definitely say you will see one or more of the characters/races you mentioned. In big ways.

Oh, and we'll get obscure. I'll figure out a way to shoehorn Pizza Face in this comic somehow...
I'd laugh if it happened. Poor Pizzaface never got an episode in the original cartoon or an appearance in the Archie series either. He got unlucky twice in the past, perhaps the third time is the charm?
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 01:32 AM   #2
DrSpengler
Foot Elite
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 4,842
My life would be complete.
DrSpengler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 06:23 AM   #3
Toby Barrett
Stone Warrior
 
Toby Barrett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 946
I would give them all of my money and love if that happened.
Toby Barrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 06:34 AM   #4
Powder
40 Years of TMNT
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
I've had gritty comics, I've had campy comics. At this point, screw it. Throw everything in there! Pizzaface is fine by me.
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 06:36 AM   #5
Eiko
Aussie and Proud
 
Eiko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Foot HQ Australia
Posts: 1,816
I guess it would be ok if that did happen.
__________________
Eiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 07:14 AM   #6
Ninjinister
無問題
 
Ninjinister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Moesko Island, WA
Posts: 14,348
If they do, I hope the prototype fig has some influence. That s**t's just creepy.
__________________
Ninjinister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 07:46 AM   #7
oldmanwinters
Overlord
 
oldmanwinters's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Between yesterday and tomorrow!
Posts: 15,480
This has probably been pointed out in another thread, but I thought I'd go ahead and mention it here too.

In the "Ninja Notes" from Issue #2, Bobby Curnow responded to Maarten Bouw's question about seeing the Mutanimals in the IDW series:

Quote:
You're talking to a big Wingnut and Srewloose fan here, but... don't expect to see any Mutanimals anytime soon. But that doesn't mean you'll never see them! Some of our biggest surprises will be in how we re-introduce beloved (and not-so-beloved) Turtles supporting characters. It might take a wile, but we're hoping to cover a lot of ground, and a lot of characters, both new and old.
So... anything's possible!
__________________

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 08:13 AM   #8
Powder
40 Years of TMNT
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
The only thing that had me concerned was the "not-so-beloved characters" comment.

Do they mean hated, or do they mean under-appreciated? Oh bitter vague tone of text, how you woe me...
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 08:18 AM   #9
oldmanwinters
Overlord
 
oldmanwinters's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Between yesterday and tomorrow!
Posts: 15,480
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
The only thing that had me concerned was the "not-so-beloved characters" comment.

Do they mean hated, or do they mean under-appreciated? Oh bitter vague tone of text, how you woe me...
Muhuhahaha...

Spoiler:
Venus


Spoiler:
Zach the Fifth Turtle


Spoiler:
Cody Jones


Spoiler:
Mr. Ogg


???
__________________

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 08:49 AM   #10
Suine Hallock
Mouser
 
Suine Hallock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 9
I'd totally be down with Pizzaface! I agree that he had lots of untapped creepiness to him!
Suine Hallock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 10:49 AM   #11
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,814
I like the idea of random obscure characters getting an appearance, just please no Monty Moose, Hot Spot, King Lionheart, or Halfcourt, etc.

The original cartoon wisely never gave episodes to those crappy characters. Pizzaface (and Wyrm), were the only two I really wanted to see in the old toon who never showed up.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 10:51 AM   #12
AquaParade
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 8,450
Yea, I'm all for it.

Make it so the mutagen combines Pizza-face with a Pizza. Ninja turtles take on a mutant pizza. Whacky, exciting, and totally disturbing!
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 11:51 AM   #13
Raph's Girl
Dierna Soul, Reporter
 
Raph's Girl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Jakku
Posts: 10,831
Beloved and not so beloved characters popping up?! Does this mean seeing Ninjara or Mezcaal?!
__________________
Raph's Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 12:46 PM   #14
Cowabunga Carl
Mad Scientist
 
Cowabunga Carl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Salt Lake City
Posts: 2,384
I could go for seeing Pizzaface. The potential that the character has is amazing. It would be fun to see what they do with him.
Cowabunga Carl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 11:39 AM   #15
Samhain
Dare To Be Stupid!
 
Samhain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: 1313 Mockingbird Lane
Posts: 4,752
I'd be okay with Pizzaface. Dude is mega creepy, should be fun to see.
Samhain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 12:35 PM   #16
***First of Two Latin Kings***
Will not be censored
 
***First of Two Latin Kings***'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: The Farm That Time Forgot
Posts: 8,841
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
The only thing that had me concerned was the "not-so-beloved characters" comment.

Do they mean hated, or do they mean under-appreciated? Oh bitter vague tone of text, how you woe me...
I think he means characters that people LOVED to hate. I thought King Lionheart's sculpt was cool, but I never understood the point of him.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
I can hear it now: "I'm sorry little April, I told you that if you didn't take good care of them I'd be taking them away. Now they are going to the lab to be abused for experimentation" (You could almost rewrite this as April caused the fire to get back at her father over it...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCanadiandrome View Post
Powder I'd not defend him, that's just how he gets



International shipping assistance: [email protected]
***First of Two Latin Kings*** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 01:09 PM   #17
Cryomancer
Mad Scientist
 
Cryomancer's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 1,090
Mr. Ogg was totally worth it just to have Krang making fun of Shredder's collecting habits.
__________________

Final Boss of translation group Opentrain.
We do videogame comics and TMNT stuff.
http://opentrain.theyear199x.org/
Cryomancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 03:09 PM   #18
oldmanwinters
Overlord
 
oldmanwinters's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Between yesterday and tomorrow!
Posts: 15,480
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryomancer View Post
Mr. Ogg was totally worth it just to have Krang making fun of Shredder's collecting habits.
You do make a good point.
__________________

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 10:45 PM   #19
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,814
Given these cryptic clues of obscure and not-as-popular villains, I honestly wouldn't be surprised if we actually did see Lord Dregg return.

I know its cliche to say such a thing, but I always suspected Lord Dregg would return to the TMNT franchise at some point, and no, I don't just mean via the Season 9 or 10 DVDS.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 05:53 AM   #20
Fantomex
Random Punk
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 35
Pizzaface would be cool to show up, but I dont know about any of you, the big guest appearance I am looking for is USAGI!! Please bring back our favorite little rabbit
Fantomex is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:38 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.