The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-23-2011, 08:42 AM   #1
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,813
What do you think IDW's Krang will turn out to be?

Given they purposely are using the name, "Krang" I don't see why they would be using a very familiar name if he wasn't an alien brain of some kind.

I know IDW is changing the origins drastically, but if Krang just turns out to be some middle age European general from Earth....then why name him Krang?

Do you think Krang is an alien brain in IDW? Will he be from Dimension X? Will he have any relation to the Utroms? What do you think?
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 08:47 AM   #2
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,296
Steve from Accounting...
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 11:59 AM   #3
azrael
Mad Scientist
 
azrael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: loganville, ga
Posts: 1,362
why name him Krang?

Mom thought it was a strong name.

Do you think Krang is an alien brain in IDW?

possibly

Will he be from Dimension X?

Where were the original Utroms from?

Will he have any relation to the Utroms?

possibly
__________________
Creator of The Death Poppets
azrael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 12:47 PM   #4
Cowabunga Carl
Mad Scientist
 
Cowabunga Carl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Salt Lake City
Posts: 2,384
In the one panel they show his arm it does look like his arm is robotic. I think we will see a familiar but different Krang.
Cowabunga Carl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 02:14 PM   #5
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker
 
Andrew NDB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Auburn, WA
Posts: 34,422
I'm sure this is a big point we're supposed to be speculating about among ourselves. Whatever happens I'm sure he'll be revealed as some kind of brain-like entity, whether it's a standalone thing, the result of some kind of freak accident, a member of the Utroms, or a member of "The Kraang" because yes... there's no reason IDW would bother with him if Krang wasn't going to be, well, Krang.

I think right now the first arc is trying to keep things sort of "down to Earth" a bit, but eventually the sci-fi will be amped up when things go cosmic and that's when we'll get more into what Krang is all about.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 02:24 PM   #6
Matches Malone
Stone Warrior
 
Matches Malone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: California
Posts: 954
As long as he is pink, utilizes a badass robotic suit (hopefully more combat ready than the utroms) and wants to wage war on Earth, I'm happy. I think that boils Krang down to his essence. Especially the pink part. Oh, and the purple sunglasses.

I'm also hoping that he will be reimagined menacingly enough (yes, that is an adverb) that he can stand on his own and his relationship with the Shredder will be minimal, if not nonexistent. Both he and Shredder were so impotent that it made sense that they partner up to deal with the turtles, but hopefully they will be competent enough that this won't be as necessary.
Matches Malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 03:35 PM   #7
ToTheNines
Col. Stinkmeaner
 
ToTheNines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 19,224
A wicked Utrom.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 03:40 PM   #8
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,296
I know this is kind of a tangent, but who expects to see Professor Honeycutt at some point?
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 03:51 PM   #9
Powder
40 Years of TMNT
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
I'm sure this is a big point we're supposed to be speculating about among ourselves. Whatever happens I'm sure he'll be revealed as some kind of brain-like entity, whether it's a standalone thing, the result of some kind of freak accident, a member of the Utroms, or a member of "The Kraang" because yes... there's no reason IDW would bother with him if Krang wasn't going to be, well, Krang.

I think right now the first arc is trying to keep things sort of "down to Earth" a bit, but eventually the sci-fi will be amped up when things go cosmic and that's when we'll get more into what Krang is all about.
This all the way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
I know this is kind of a tangent, but who expects to see Professor Honeycutt at some point?
Hadn't thought of it, but I would love to see the 'ol Fugitoid...
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 05:08 PM   #10
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,296
I guess Andrew's "Down to Earth 1st arc then ramp up the Sci-fi to 'Over 9,000!!!'" idea is what put him in my head. Yeah, Krang reeks of Utrom/evil brain stuff, but who doesn't think Fugitoid and Triceratons when the Turtles go into sci-fi territory.
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 05:57 PM   #11
Godzilla
Foot Soldier
 
Godzilla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 235
Something very similar to what we know of as Krang for sure. I'm just glad that the character is presumably going to be apart of the IDW TMNT universe. And not as just some quick cameo as a wink to the fans, but as an actual character that's going to have a role in future storylines.
Godzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 07:34 PM   #12
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,813
I really hope Krang still has an army of Rock Soldiers in Dimension X, mainly to see a serious take on those characters.

I could see the Rock Soldiers being like shock troops and General Traag being devastating.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 07:59 PM   #13
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker
 
Andrew NDB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Auburn, WA
Posts: 34,422
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
I really hope Krang still has an army of Rock Soldiers in Dimension X
I wouldn't bank on Dimension X.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 09:54 PM   #14
AquaParade
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 8,450
I would be a little bummed to see the concept of the old toon robotic suit thrown out the window. It's a little silly, but honestly I think it's an awesome design. I love seeing the turtles struggling in battle against, frankly, ridiculous enemies.

That being said, I am probably in the minority and I expect to see it made-over. Excited to see what they come up with.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 09:56 PM   #15
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,813
To be honest I hope Krang is at least a little sarcastic and somewhat whiny, its what separates his personality from Ch'rell's.

All we've seen him do is give Stockman orders, so who knows.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 11:04 PM   #16
Cowabunga Carl
Mad Scientist
 
Cowabunga Carl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Salt Lake City
Posts: 2,384
I want Krang to be bad ass. That is the biggest problem for me when I watch the old show. His Archie version was so much more menacing. I'd like to see something closer to that.
Cowabunga Carl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 11:58 PM   #17
Venom
Space Knight
 
Venom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Colorado
Posts: 3,637
I still think his island is the top of/covering up IDW's version of the the Technodrome.
__________________
Venom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 01:03 AM   #18
Xav
Foot Elite
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 3,040
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowabunga Carl View Post
In the one panel they show his arm it does look like his arm is robotic. I think we will see a familiar but different Krang.
What if IDW is just messing with us and Krang is just some guy with a robotic arm?
Xav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 02:26 AM   #19
BAXTER STOCKMAN 19
Stone Warrior
 
BAXTER STOCKMAN 19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Greece
Posts: 661
what if Krang is realy a U.S. military general and then he had an accident and only his brain survive. Just 2K3 Stockman. And then the U.S. military put his brain into a robot?
BAXTER STOCKMAN 19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 02:33 PM   #20
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker
 
Andrew NDB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Auburn, WA
Posts: 34,422
Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaParade View Post
I would be a little bummed to see the concept of the old toon robotic suit thrown out the window.
The concept of the robotic suit wasn't an old cartoon thing, but a Mirage comics thing, the bodies the Utroms ride around in the abdominal cavities of.

Quote:
It's a little silly, but honestly I think it's an awesome design.
There may be some visual similarities but I wouldn't expect a ton.

Quote:
I love seeing the turtles struggling in battle against, frankly, ridiculous enemies.
As long as things don't venture head-first into camp or silliness for the sake of silliness then I'm OK with "ridiculous enemies." Visually, at least. The Turtles need credible threats, not a revolving rogues gallery of Fred Wolf buffoolery.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
To be honest I hope Krang is at least a little sarcastic and somewhat whiny, its what separates his personality from Ch'rell's.
A little sarcasm is fine but I don't think IDW is out to make a new version of Krang that's whiny.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowabunga Carl View Post
I want Krang to be bad ass. That is the biggest problem for me when I watch the old show. His Archie version was so much more menacing. I'd like to see something closer to that.
I think IDW could do a lot better than even the Archie version of Krang. I don't think that'd be very hard, actually.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venom View Post
I still think his island is the top of/covering up IDW's version of the the Technodrome.
Hm, could be. Some kind of doomsday weapon, anyway. Or a spaceship.

Or all of the above.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xav View Post
What if IDW is just messing with us and Krang is just some guy with a robotic arm?
Unlikely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAXTER STOCKMAN 19 View Post
what if Krang is realy a U.S. military general and then he had an accident and only his brain survive. Just 2K3 Stockman. And then the U.S. military put his brain into a robot?
Something like that could be a distinct possibility, but I doubt it.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:39 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.