The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-29-2011, 09:36 PM   #1
Donnie
Something from the Past
 
Donnie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: New York
Posts: 3,256
IDW's Leader?

Do you think that IDW has any plans to keep the leadership role in question as a character arc for Leonardo? I know we are only now three issues in, but I can't help but point out that Leonardo has been given the least spotlight. Will he have to earn the role of leader? There haven't yet been any instances which point to Leonardo as a better fighter than the other three, or the most fit for leader. Maybe a future arc will feature both Donatello (from the recent interaction we have seen) and Raphael trying to win "leadership" duties as well as Leonardo. A little OT throwback done IDW style?

It's a crazy thought that probably won't happen, so I just pose the question - do you think IDW would do something to build upon Leo's earning of the leader role?
Donnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 09:41 PM   #2
Cowabunga Carl
Mad Scientist
 
Cowabunga Carl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Salt Lake City
Posts: 2,384
I think Leo will keep it by default. I don't see them changing the character types to much, just enough to make things new and exciting but at the same time keeping things familiar enough that long time fans wont be mad.

I would like to see him grow as a leader though. Maybe make it so you see why he is in charge.
Cowabunga Carl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 10:11 PM   #3
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,295
I don't know, Tom seems keen on explaining why characters are who they are. I see a "Leonardo Leads" arc coming hot on the heels of the "Raphael is cool but rude" arc, we seem to be getting.
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 10:17 PM   #4
Donnie
Something from the Past
 
Donnie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: New York
Posts: 3,256
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
I don't know, Tom seems keen on explaining why characters are who they are. I see a "Leonardo Leads" arc coming hot on the heels of the "Raphael is cool but rude" arc, we seem to be getting.
I agree. I do think Leonardo is going to have to prove himself leader somehow...it was always a grey area - how he became leader. Or am I mistaken? I think they might mention somewhere in Mirage that Leonardo beat Raphael in a fight for the role, but can anybody confirm this for me? Thanks!
Donnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 09:52 PM   #5
Venom
Space Knight
 
Venom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Colorado
Posts: 3,637
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
I don't know, Tom seems keen on explaining why characters are who they are. I see a "Leonardo Leads" arc coming hot on the heels of the "Raphael is cool but rude" arc, we seem to be getting.
Crude. Raph's cool but crude.
__________________
Venom is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:13 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.