The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Fan Creations > Fan Works Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-09-2002, 02:07 PM   #1
SeaThreePeeO
Mad Scientist
 
SeaThreePeeO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: The Void
Posts: 1,345
Well I am currently building a web site. But things are going as smoothly as I hoped. I am having a little trouble with image likns. Ho hum.

So now I have three new pieces of art, without a home to go to. *sniff sniff*

If anyone can help with Yahoo Geocities, give me a poke.
SeaThreePeeO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2002, 02:10 PM   #2
Saisei
Hench Mutant
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 282
That's cool, Nun! Except for the image stuff, that is...

Is it the links that aren't working, or are the images just not showing up?
__________________
The truth is out there, but I forgot the URL...
Saisei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2002, 02:26 PM   #3
Kali
Inactive Moderator
 
Kali's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: California!
Posts: 11,101
I can help too. What Geocities program are you using, PageBuilder or the HTML Editor? We need details if we're going to help you.
Kali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2002, 02:28 PM   #4
SeaThreePeeO
Mad Scientist
 
SeaThreePeeO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: The Void
Posts: 1,345
Sorry,

HMTL Editor, but I built my pages using Microsoft Front Page.

Ho hum. Like I said Cyber thick.
SeaThreePeeO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2002, 02:33 PM   #5
Kali
Inactive Moderator
 
Kali's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: California!
Posts: 11,101
So, what is your problem? Are the links not working or are the images not showing up or what?
Kali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2002, 02:35 PM   #6
SeaThreePeeO
Mad Scientist
 
SeaThreePeeO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: The Void
Posts: 1,345
I get that rather annoying message. Oops your page can't be found.

Help I have no idea what I am doing.

The images are in my file manager. I hyperlinked them when I built the page in Microsoft Front Page.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Nunchucker on 2002-04-09 17:36 ]</font>
SeaThreePeeO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2002, 02:39 PM   #7
Kali
Inactive Moderator
 
Kali's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: California!
Posts: 11,101
Ah! Okay, I've had a problem like this. When you go to hyperlink them, make sure to erase the folder and drive names. There should ONLY be the name of your picture. At least, that's what my problem was.
Kali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2002, 02:41 PM   #8
SeaThreePeeO
Mad Scientist
 
SeaThreePeeO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: The Void
Posts: 1,345
Aggggghhhh!

More info please. Can you do an example?

I knew I should have started messing about with things.
SeaThreePeeO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2002, 02:49 PM   #9
Kali
Inactive Moderator
 
Kali's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: California!
Posts: 11,101
Okay, go to your page and click on a picture link, then copy the link address and post it here.
Kali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2002, 02:52 PM   #10
SeaThreePeeO
Mad Scientist
 
SeaThreePeeO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: The Void
Posts: 1,345
My brain hurts!

Okay here goes.

>&lt;a href="../Leo.jpg">Leonardo:&lt;/a>&lt;/

God why is this so hard?
SeaThreePeeO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2002, 02:54 PM   #11
Kali
Inactive Moderator
 
Kali's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: California!
Posts: 11,101
Okay, you probably don't need whatever that .../ before the file name is. Try removing that.
Kali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2002, 03:00 PM   #12
SeaThreePeeO
Mad Scientist
 
SeaThreePeeO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: The Void
Posts: 1,345
Okies.

*Tries it*

Noooooooo. Now we have encountered and Error. Which means the link you clicked doesn't work for some reason.

Is it me or is Yahoo out to get me?
SeaThreePeeO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2002, 03:03 PM   #13
SeaThreePeeO
Mad Scientist
 
SeaThreePeeO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: The Void
Posts: 1,345
I have got to go, my mum is starting to moan. I guess with a good nights sleep and a fresh mind, I will be able to tackle the problem.

Thank you Kali.
SeaThreePeeO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2002, 03:07 PM   #14
Kali
Inactive Moderator
 
Kali's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: California!
Posts: 11,101
*frowns* Hmmm... I must say, this has me stumped. Is all the rest of the code right? It looks like it should be &lt;a href="Leo.jpg">Leonardo:&lt;/a> Remember that code is case sensative.

This is an HTML page, right? You aren't trying to edit an htm? Gah, maybe I should just point you towards the HTML tutorial site I used.
Kali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2002, 03:31 PM   #15
Saisei
Hench Mutant
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 282
I haven't actuelly encountered this problem with my own stuff, but I've tried to open .jpg files before with the same message. Usually, I can solve that by just erasing the .jpg when from the end of the address.
__________________
The truth is out there, but I forgot the URL...
Saisei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2002, 05:07 PM   #16
HorseTechie
Inactive Moderator
 
HorseTechie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Midwest
Posts: 5,677
This sounds like one of those things you have to see to know what it is.... hrmm..

1. Check the tags and codes for typos.
2. Check the image name (spelled the same, both in the code and what you have uploaded into the file manager).
3. Make sure the image is lowercase .jpg and not upper case. (or that it actually is a .jpg and not a .gif... that's happened to me so many times)
4. That you don't have subfolders. If the images are uploaded into a subfolder, then that has to be indicated in the tag.
&lt;a href="images/leo.jpg">picture&lt;/a>
(images being the name of the subdirectory I made for pictures)
5. Make sure that image really is uploaded into the File manager.
6. Make sure you have the "" quotes in the tag, where they should be.

Sometimes Geocites is wierd about picture links. Try refreshing the link and uhm... maybe try using the HTML pagemaker programs they provide until you know what the problem is.
HorseTechie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2002, 03:35 AM   #17
SeaThreePeeO
Mad Scientist
 
SeaThreePeeO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: The Void
Posts: 1,345
PROBLEM SORTED!

I was super nice to my brother and bought him some beer, so he sorted it out for me. It is so much easier when someone can show you how to do it on the computer.

Thank you everyone for your help.

I still have a few bugs to squash. But as soon as things are running okay I will post the address or link.
SeaThreePeeO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2002, 12:57 PM   #18
azure turtle
Mango Lovin' Mutant
 
azure turtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 9,453
Excellent! Sounds like plan, Nun. Can't wait to see the debut of your website! I'll make sure to link you to my mine
__________________
"God, I love being a turtle!"

Want to meet the only blue ninja turtle in existence? Come visit me at my Lair!
azure turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2002, 01:17 PM   #19
SeaThreePeeO
Mad Scientist
 
SeaThreePeeO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: The Void
Posts: 1,345
OKAY!

If you want a quick peek at my site the address is

http://uk.geocities.com/bushidoninja

I am still learning so be gentle with me

By the Way the only section that is up and running is the Fanart section.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Nunchucker on 2002-04-10 16:18 ]</font>
SeaThreePeeO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2002, 01:23 PM   #20
azure turtle
Mango Lovin' Mutant
 
azure turtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 9,453
Wow, your fanart is absolutely awesome, Nun! I'll make sure to add you to my growing list of links once I update my Lair again. Looks good so far, and I'm sure it'll get better with time. Congrats, off to a good start!
__________________
"God, I love being a turtle!"

Want to meet the only blue ninja turtle in existence? Come visit me at my Lair!
azure turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:23 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.