The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-11-2012, 10:17 PM   #1
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker
 
Andrew NDB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Auburn, WA
Posts: 34,428
Did anyone else watch the first TMNT movie in elementary school?

I don't mean while you were concurrently attending elementary school... I mean, did you actually watch it IN elementary school, IN-class?

At the time it was awesome, but looking back it seems a little strange that we watched the first TMNT movie in-class in the 4th grade. Not strange in a sense that's like, "Oh god, because it was so violent," but just strange as in... what a strange, random thing for a teacher to put on the TV in a classroom.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 10:32 PM   #2
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,814
Yeah, after lunch time they would always stick the kids in the auditorium when it was too cold outside or it was raining.

They would usually show a movie on the big projector. Most of the time it was Disney movies like Alladdin, The Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast, the Lion King...typically popular kids movies at the time.

I remember TMNT II was shown once. I can't remember what grade I was in but I think I was around 9 or 10. The kids laughed at all the jokes. Back then TMNT II was the funniest movie ever made. As for the first movie, I think they may have shown it although I can't remember. I assume they probably did.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 11:48 PM   #3
Donnie
Something from the Past
 
Donnie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: New York
Posts: 3,256
Nope, never did. I must say though, that is a tad odd! (But definitely awesome...)
Donnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 11:57 PM   #4
gobo
Wacky Action
 
gobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: on Earth
Posts: 12,784
Nope .
__________________
Live and let live... or go to hell.

gobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 02:35 AM   #5
Luzmagica
A Magic Light Dudette!
 
Luzmagica's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Spain.
Posts: 3,878
^Heya folks you were that lucky!
I do not remember a single movie IN class in all my school years! * sigh *
__________________
Luzmagica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 02:45 AM   #6
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing
 
Candy Kappa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Vikingland
Posts: 14,596
nope, but we where treated with a cinematic Norwegian drama lasting 3 hours of NOTHING! that more was so boring I'm sure it was originally in color but the boredom scared the color spectrum away.
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 05:42 AM   #7
ToTheNines
Col. Stinkmeaner
 
ToTheNines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 19,226
I forget how it even happened, but we watched it in school when I was in sixth grade and that was 2002/2003. I don't remember if it was just my class who watched it (if so, I'm sure I had a hand in rallying up some votes as to what we watched), or if it was played on all the school's tv's for a special occasion.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 06:58 AM   #8
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master
 
MikeandRaph87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: JLA Satellite Headquarters
Posts: 11,189
The first time I ever saw it I was in pre-school not elementary school,but I did watch during my elementary school years on vhs every so often.
__________________
Michelangelo: This looks like a job for the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles!
Raphael: Sheesh, Mikey this ain't a cartoon!
MikeandRaph87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 08:37 AM   #9
Metropoliskid41
Stone Warrior
 
Metropoliskid41's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Tundra
Posts: 886
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luzmagica View Post
^Heya folks you were that lucky!
I do not remember a single movie IN class in all my school years! * sigh *
Pretty much same here. We watched Gladiator in history class, and that awful 1960s Romeo and Juliet movie in English Lit, and both of those in high school. That was it
__________________
-------------------
Metropoliskid41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 08:45 AM   #10
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master
 
MikeandRaph87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: JLA Satellite Headquarters
Posts: 11,189
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metropoliskid41 View Post
Pretty much same here. We watched Gladiator in history class, and that awful 1960s Romeo and Juliet movie in English Lit, and both of those in high school. That was it
Hey,at least you didn't have to watch the MTV version. One of the worst movies that I was forced to see ever.

I think for some of us even during the dark period between '98-'03 we saw the movie at least every other year. I can only go so long until I get the urge to want to watch at least the first two films again.
__________________
Michelangelo: This looks like a job for the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles!
Raphael: Sheesh, Mikey this ain't a cartoon!
MikeandRaph87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 03:49 PM   #11
Herald7
Hench Mutant
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 286
Well this doesn't quite count but when I was a camp counselor a couple years ago we showed the grammar school kids the 1st turtles film. They really liked it; two of the boys kept repeating "Fight? Fight! Kitchen? Kitchen!" over and over, lol.
__________________
"Leave it to Donatello to have a homing device that fits a snake!"
Herald7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 04:01 PM   #12
gobo
Wacky Action
 
gobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: on Earth
Posts: 12,784
Ninja Turtles are educational.
__________________
Live and let live... or go to hell.

gobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 05:23 PM   #13
Chipzard
Foot Soldier
 
Chipzard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Los Angeles, Ca.
Posts: 101
Talking

Umm naw I never did...not in classes, but only in movie theater though
Chipzard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 06:49 PM   #14
pannoni1
Foot Elite
 
pannoni1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: USA
Posts: 3,447
Not even the cartoon was shown at my school, it was only educational films only (I do remember Square One and 3-2-1 Contact being shown however in Math & Science class). My music teacher would sometimes show classic musical films such as Peter and the Wolf and Chitty Chitty Bang Bang. For me, it was G only in elementary school (thus disqualifying any TMNT movie), G or PG in middle school, and PG-13 or less in high school. Indoor recess usually meant playing on the computer, a board game, with action figures, or even doing homework. The teachers figured we probably knew too much about TMNT at home for any good, though given my increasingly fuzzy memory of elementary school, it may have happened, but I'm 95% sure there was no TMNT movie at school.
__________________
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/sho...d.php?t=37065- MY WANT LIST

TMNT FAN CLUB LINK: http://sot.ag/gCjK/

30 years of Turtle Power!
pannoni1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 09:50 AM   #15
Phelan
Thug
 
Phelan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Amarillo
Posts: 83
I don't think we ever watched TMNT in school, but I did watch Jurassic Park in my 6th grade science class. I had the same teacher in 7th and asked him about JP2- he said no, because it pertained nothing to science, unlike the first one with its DNA splitting section.
__________________
________________________________________
The cool guy from Texas

(artwork credit to asylum comics @asylumcomics.deviantart.com)
Phelan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 09:12 AM   #16
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Sweden
Posts: 10,480
Northern Lights Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwamu The Kappa View Post
nope, but we where treated with a cinematic Norwegian drama lasting 3 hours of NOTHING! that more was so boring I'm sure it was originally in color but the boredom scared the color spectrum away.
You schould propose to watch the "Northern Lights Out" episode instead. Also set in Norway, but funnier.
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 08:23 PM   #17
Herald7
Hench Mutant
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 286
Quote:
Originally Posted by pannoni1 View Post
Not even the cartoon was shown at my school
We watched Cowabunga, Shreadhead once in grammar school. Afterwards we were all saying, "I crave school no more!"
__________________
"Leave it to Donatello to have a homing device that fits a snake!"
Herald7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 11:55 PM   #18
Drako-Cat
Random Punk
 
Drako-Cat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 39
I did watch it in 3rd or 4th Grade in class one day <:.
Drako-Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 02:35 AM   #19
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Sweden
Posts: 10,480
Why?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herald7 View Post
We watched Cowabunga, Shreadhead once in grammar school.
Why? For educational purposes?
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 02:54 AM   #20
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,296
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swedenfan 1982 View Post
Why? For educational purposes?
Nah, some times on days before vacation teachers would "phone it in" and just play a movie for the kiddies before they go home. I can't say I remember what I watched as a kid in school, just that it happened.
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:50 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.