The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-23-2012, 11:16 AM   #1
TomWaltz
Official TMNT Staff/Cast
 
TomWaltz's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 510
Waltz talks TMNT at CBR

Guys,

A little interview I did with CBR this week about TMNT. Some cool preview art on there being shown for the first time.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...ticle&id=36547


Thanks!

Tom
TomWaltz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 11:32 AM   #2
Master Splinter
幸 - 愛 - 思う
 
Master Splinter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: St. Louis
Posts: 2,824
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomWaltz View Post
Guys,

A little interview I did with CBR this week about TMNT. Some cool preview art on there being shown for the first time.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...ticle&id=36547


Thanks!

Tom
Oh sh*t!
Spoiler:
Is that a rock soldier I see?!!??!


-ms
__________________
Master Splinter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 11:38 AM   #3
Donnie
Something from the Past
 
Donnie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: New York
Posts: 3,256
Well it's clear that Krang is at war w some sort of race...looks like it could be the rock soliders!

And if krang is indeed not from Earth...and by that cover it doesn't seem that he is...Dimension X, anyone? I mean, they are taking from the OT a ton and if there are rock soliders...
Donnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 12:57 PM   #4
Metropoliskid41
Stone Warrior
 
Metropoliskid41's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Tundra
Posts: 886
Yeah that really makes me believe that is definitely a Rock Soldier grabbing Baxter in that preview panel we've seen and not Rocksteady.
__________________
-------------------
Metropoliskid41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 01:08 PM   #5
azrael
Mad Scientist
 
azrael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: loganville, ga
Posts: 1,362
wow so the rat king (whom I assume is him anyways) dies?
__________________
Creator of The Death Poppets
azrael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 01:22 PM   #6
Uki
Hench Mutant
 
Uki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: The Woodlands, Tx
Posts: 337
Awesome!

M really enjoying the new series...I need to track down the microseries stuff, though; my LCS hasn't gotten Mikey's onward...!

Keep up the great work!
__________________
-Proud Member of the Turtle Whacks!
Uki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 01:23 PM   #7
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master
 
MikeandRaph87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: JLA Satellite Headquarters
Posts: 11,189
Quote:
Originally Posted by azrael View Post
wow so the rat king (whom I assume is him anyways) dies?
Azrael, where do you see Rat King? Old Hob runs into the mousers and we see General Krang with Baxter and Krang's gaurd that appears to be a rock soldier. Not to mention the TMNT run across the Foot. There is also Case metting April,who will tutor him and probably introduce her to the TMNT when Splinter is captured. That is all I see. No Rat King or any character looking like him at all.
__________________
Michelangelo: This looks like a job for the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles!
Raphael: Sheesh, Mikey this ain't a cartoon!
MikeandRaph87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 01:52 PM   #8
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,813
The gray guy could easily be another mutant, not a rock warrior.

I'd like to see General Traag though.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 02:10 PM   #9
Donnie
Something from the Past
 
Donnie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: New York
Posts: 3,256
The more I see the more I think Old Hob is Shredder...Baxter probably gave him the psychotropic serum and is "training" Hob with his mousers so he retrains...bad feeling Hob is Saki...hope I'm wrong though, although I think the twist would be cool it still would be a let down if Saki isn't human.
Donnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 02:24 PM   #10
Kendamu
Sewerhead
 
Kendamu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Canada
Posts: 2,890
Quote:
Originally Posted by azrael View Post
wow so the rat king (whom I assume is him anyways) dies?
I'm not sure that's the Rat King who got stabbed by that ninja.
Kendamu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 02:28 PM   #11
Metropoliskid41
Stone Warrior
 
Metropoliskid41's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Tundra
Posts: 886
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnie View Post
The more I see the more I think Old Hob is Shredder...Baxter probably gave him the psychotropic serum and is "training" Hob with his mousers so he retrains...bad feeling Hob is Saki...hope I'm wrong though, although I think the twist would be cool it still would be a let down if Saki isn't human.
Pretty much my sentiments Mikey...um Donnie

The more I see Hob the more I fear he is Saki. I really really really hope that isn't the case, as I definitely want a human Saki, however I can't help but feel that it would also be an interesting and cool twist to have Hob be Saki. So I guess both would be cool, but I think Hob as Saki is less cool than a human Saki.

I think if Saki is in fact Hob we still have a Shredder, the same Shredder shadow we saw in the Raphael micro series. Which to me would be a descendant of Saki. Which would be an interesting twist. Or it could be a psychiotic Utrom who took his name.....which at the moment not sure how I would feel about that. I guess I'm gonna have to wait and see who is who before I can really say how I'd feel about all of it
__________________
-------------------
Metropoliskid41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 03:34 PM   #12
Toby Barrett
Stone Warrior
 
Toby Barrett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 946
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnie View Post
...and by that cover it doesn't seem that he is...Dimension X, anyone?
Which cover..?
Toby Barrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 04:33 PM   #13
AquaParade
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 8,450
So much awesome stuff going on in those preview's. Great interview as well, Tom.

I agree that there is plenty of things to propel the Old Hob is The Shredder idea, but at this point I believe there is just as much against it.

Something to consider is that in the Raphael micro-issue #1, There is clearly some hint that the foot ninja's are working for someone in Shredder's armor. Why would Hob be running around with street punks when he could be utilizing ninja warriors?

One possibility is that someone else is impersonating Saki for now, and Old Hob will soon take his rightful place when he realizes he is the true Saki. But I'm thinking that's not the case.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 04:49 PM   #14
Toby Barrett
Stone Warrior
 
Toby Barrett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 946
Oh, forgot to mention, I absolutely love the design of Krang's body! The exaggerated proportions actually work well with the character, since we all know it's going to be a robot body anyway. =p

And might I add, April is absolutely beautiful in those pages.
Toby Barrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 04:53 PM   #15
Venom
Space Knight
 
Venom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Colorado
Posts: 3,637
Quote:
The idea for Raph being separated from his family in the early issues was actually something that came to us from Nickelodeon in the initial stages of plotting. I think the thought process was, Raph's always been the rebel of the group -- the loner with a giant chip on his shoulder -- and we wanted to give a valid reason for why he is that way.
While I like the way the separation was approached and enjoy the new iteration, I feel that the Mirage version still had a lot of validity - his chip stemmed from insecurity, the self-loathing he felt by being a freak of nature, trying to be better than Leo, and his angst from his lot in life.

Plus he was literally psychotic.
__________________
Venom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 06:17 PM   #16
Donnie
Something from the Past
 
Donnie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: New York
Posts: 3,256
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toby Barrett View Post
Which cover..?
Umm...I think it's #6...or is #7? The one where Krang has red eyes and the Turtles are in the forefront. Even without that cover (as the preview pages show) he clearly isn't human.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaParade View Post
Something to consider is that in the Raphael micro-issue #1, There is clearly some hint that the foot ninja's are working for someone in Shredder's armor. Why would Hob be running around with street punks when he could be utilizing ninja warriors?
I was going to say that Hob's inability to take Raph down in #4 was because he didn't get the serum yet, but I just remembered that the Turtles skills came back to them as Splinter trained them w/o the help of the serum. Although maybe Hob just wasn't trained. I don't know...I think your idea holds water - that there is somebody taking Shredder's place - for now, until Hob realizes he is Shredder upon getting the serum.

Remember when Bobby C told us in so many words that the shadow we saw wasn't the Shredder? This could very well be because Hob is Saki, and the shadow we saw is a fill-in.
Donnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 06:28 PM   #17
ToTheNines
Col. Stinkmeaner
 
ToTheNines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 19,225
I like Old Hob. But the idea of a cat in Shredder's armor just seems really really stupid to me. I'm giving IDW a break and believing that a big pussy-cat is the leader of a street gang... but I won't dig having said pussy-cat be the master of a world wide ninja clan.

Perhaps I have a poor imagination though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venom View Post
Plus he was literally psychotic.
No he wasn't.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 06:33 PM   #18
TonySiegel
Stone Warrior
 
TonySiegel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Worldwide
Posts: 638
I just can't picture Old Hob not being a goon... Shredder will be dope as a stand alone character whether he's a samurai, an alien, a cole slaw maker, or a can opener.
__________________



"...Color or creed, is no need for a man to bleed/ I believe, we all breathe the same seed/ Unless it's diluted, for somethin to intrude it..." - Kool G. Rap
TonySiegel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 07:12 PM   #19
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker
 
Andrew NDB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Auburn, WA
Posts: 34,425
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnie View Post
Well it's clear that Krang is at war w some sort of race...looks like it could be the rock soliders!
Looks like they're on his side, though.

Quote:
And if krang is indeed not from Earth...and by that cover it doesn't seem that he is...Dimension X, anyone? I mean, they are taking from the OT a ton and if there are rock soliders...
If they want to dip from the "bad idea to begin with" stew (that even the Archie crew agreed was a bad idea, so they changed it), sure, but there's no reason there couldn't be Rock Soldiers on the other end of the galaxy or universe. Say, not far from the Utrom planet.

Or maybe he just genetically altered a bunch of goons to have rock-like skin.

Krang's body looks like it's going to turn out to be exactly what we all thought it was. It seems like a cute design, though not a lot of attention paid to "let's build a body that will let me hide in human society." But maybe Krang doesn't care about that/doesn't need to on his little island anyway.

Last edited by Andrew NDB; 01-23-2012 at 07:29 PM.
Andrew NDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 07:17 PM   #20
dripgutz24
Hench Mutant
 
dripgutz24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: East side Dimension X
Posts: 262
All I have to say is Tom and the IDW team have done an awesome job at the the whole process of making the comic, and having a great story plot. I haven't been this excited about a monthly comic in a long time!! Keep up the good work!!
dripgutz24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
tom waltz


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:44 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.