The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-08-2012, 12:45 PM   #1
ctt4lfecw
Stone Warrior
 
ctt4lfecw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Neutrino
Posts: 817
Barnes & Noble and TMMT Vol. 1: Change is Constant question

I know that Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Volume 1: Change is Constant will be available on Barnes & Noble's website. But will it be sold in the store like the hardcover TMNT Ultimate Collection? Thanks
ctt4lfecw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 12:47 PM   #2
Samhain
Dare To Be Stupid!
 
Samhain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: 1313 Mockingbird Lane
Posts: 4,752
Quote:
Originally Posted by ctt4lfecw View Post
I know that Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Volume 1: Change is Constant will be available on Barnes & Noble's website. But will it be sold in the store like the hardcover TMNT Ultimate Collection? Thanks
Why don't you just call your local store and find out?
Samhain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 01:10 PM   #3
gobo
Wacky Action
 
gobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: on Earth
Posts: 12,784
My magic 8-ball says "most likely".
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samhain View Post
Why don't you just call your local store and find out?
Harsh... Be nice to the noob.
__________________
Live and let live... or go to hell.

gobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 01:45 PM   #4
Powder
40 Years of TMNT
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
Quote:
Originally Posted by gobo View Post
My magic 8-ball says "most likely".

Harsh... Be nice to the noob.
Being nice has nothing to do with common sense or the lack thereof.
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 02:26 PM   #5
AquaParade
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 8,450
Quote:
Originally Posted by gobo View Post
my magic 8-ball says "most likely".

Harsh... Be nice to the noob.
+1


-------------
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 02:34 PM   #6
Plasticplayhouse
the gray ghost
 
Plasticplayhouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: North East
Posts: 2,194
No clue, but if they did, it would be convenient for me.
__________________
Want to see more of my custom figures?
http://plasticplayhouse.deviantart.com/
Plasticplayhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 06:15 PM   #7
Samhain
Dare To Be Stupid!
 
Samhain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: 1313 Mockingbird Lane
Posts: 4,752
Quote:
Originally Posted by gobo View Post
My magic 8-ball says "most likely".

Harsh... Be nice to the noob.
How was I NOT being nice? I replied to this person and gave them the information that would help them out. No where in my post did I criticize or make anyone feel not welcome.
Samhain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 06:45 PM   #8
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,798
So this is out, right? I am not sure I feel compelled to get it as the IDW issues are still too "new" for me. I feel trades are only worth it for extremely old stuff that's out of print.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 06:50 PM   #9
Samhain
Dare To Be Stupid!
 
Samhain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: 1313 Mockingbird Lane
Posts: 4,752
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
So this is out, right? I am not sure I feel compelled to get it as the IDW issues are still too "new" for me. I feel trades are only worth it for extremely old stuff that's out of print.
Yes, I believe it came out today. I don't NEED it, but I feel like I should buy it. Damn turtles.
Samhain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 06:50 PM   #10
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,798
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samhain View Post
Yes, I believe it came out today. I don't NEED it, but I feel like I should buy it. Damn turtles.
I feel the same way. I can probably hold out though. I'd rather save money for the Mirage and Archie trades.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 06:55 PM   #11
gobo
Wacky Action
 
gobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: on Earth
Posts: 12,784
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samhain View Post
How was I NOT being nice?
"Why don't you" sounded demeaning in that context. My bad...
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
So this is out, right?
No. 21st.
__________________
Live and let live... or go to hell.

gobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 01:08 PM   #12
Logan
Hench Mutant
 
Logan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Michigan
Posts: 483
How many issues is this volume containing?
__________________
We're a team; and as a team let's go kick some ass!

-Leonardo

Logan the Layman Critic, a youtube channel for movie reviews and animation appreciation.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjn...xrKPml1WlYh6Mw
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 01:23 PM   #13
ToTheNines
Col. Stinkmeaner
 
ToTheNines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 19,214
4, plus some bonus art apparently.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 01:29 PM   #14
Matches Malone
Stone Warrior
 
Matches Malone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: California
Posts: 954
Quote:
Originally Posted by gobo View Post
No. 21st.
This came out on Wednesday, I bought it myself. It looks very nice and has basically all the artwork from the variants in some form or another, mostly in the "gallery" section in the back. I look at Amazon.com for a lot of release dates, which I assume is where the 21st date came from, but perhaps they are shipping them out delayed. If you go to a comic shop, you should be able to find it. It looks just like that picture posted on twitter of the advanced copy with the Eastman cover.
__________________
"Baxter, you slime puppy!"
Matches Malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 02:57 PM   #15
gobo
Wacky Action
 
gobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: on Earth
Posts: 12,784
Amazon and other online sellers... I guess comic shops get priority.
__________________
Live and let live... or go to hell.

gobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 03:04 PM   #16
Logan
Hench Mutant
 
Logan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Michigan
Posts: 483
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNines View Post
4, plus some bonus art apparently.
That blows. Four issues isn't worth 17.99 to me. I was hoping for more. Although, admittedly, I haven't bought any issues apart from the first, so I don't even know how many issues they have in.
__________________
We're a team; and as a team let's go kick some ass!

-Leonardo

Logan the Layman Critic, a youtube channel for movie reviews and animation appreciation.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjn...xrKPml1WlYh6Mw
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 03:49 PM   #17
ToTheNines
Col. Stinkmeaner
 
ToTheNines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 19,214
They've put out six issues and two micros. But if you think the price is too high just get it on amazon.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 10:20 PM   #18
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,798
I think I'll pass on these trades if only because the issues are waaay too new. Re-buying the same comic just a few months later in a trade is not for me. Although its nice for people who will want them.

I'll definitely be picking up all the Mirage and Archie trades that they release though, so I can't wait for those.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:05 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.