The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-08-2012, 06:35 PM   #1
Samhain
Dare To Be Stupid!
 
Samhain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: 1313 Mockingbird Lane
Posts: 4,752
Tmnt #10 ( Dan Duncan Shredder cover!)

TMNT #10 cover by Dan Duncan, color by Ronda Pattison








TMNT #10 Retail Incentive cover by Tyler Walpole. What can I say, IT'S SICK!!!




Last edited by Samhain; 02-15-2012 at 12:40 PM.
Samhain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 06:36 PM   #2
FearlessLeader
Mad Scientist
 
FearlessLeader's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Watching Space Heroes
Posts: 1,048
Leo's face.....



I am really enjoying all this new art of the guys IDW is providing us with!
__________________

Artwork by Jim Lawson
FearlessLeader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 06:37 PM   #3
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,805
At least the red bandanas live on in alternate covers.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 06:37 PM   #4
Samhain
Dare To Be Stupid!
 
Samhain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: 1313 Mockingbird Lane
Posts: 4,752
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
At least the red bandanas live on in alternate covers.
Yeah, I'm pretty happy about that. Better than nothing.
Samhain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 06:54 PM   #5
ToTheNines
Col. Stinkmeaner
 
ToTheNines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 19,215
Very Dooney-ish. I like it.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 07:18 PM   #6
Toby Barrett
Stone Warrior
 
Toby Barrett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 946
Wow, that does look like Dooney. Very nice cover!
Toby Barrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 07:26 PM   #7
oldmanwinters
Overlord
 
oldmanwinters's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Between yesterday and tomorrow!
Posts: 15,480
Is this the one?
http://forum.idwpublishing.com/viewt...=274697#274697

Not bad!

But now these alternating bandanas on all the variant covers are starting to confuse me!
__________________

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 07:34 PM   #8
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker
 
Andrew NDB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Auburn, WA
Posts: 34,412
Makes me immediately think of those old Konami TMNT video game covers/posters. Pretty cool.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 07:37 PM   #9
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,805
I would love to see these artists who are doing the covers do an entire issue, maybe for one of the micros or specials down the line.

Dan Duncan is pretty good, but I wouldn't mind a little variety now and then.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 08:04 PM   #10
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,296
I agree with the "Dooney-esque" description.
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 08:39 PM   #11
Redeemer
Technodrome Technician
 
Redeemer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: third earth
Posts: 4,737
Pretty badass cover Im loving this cover. I am very impressed with this cover. one of my favorite yet.
__________________
GT:Reedeamer
THE TECHNODROME REDESIGN 2015
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=51594
Redeemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 08:53 PM   #12
Powder
40 Years of TMNT
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
Now that is quality work, I love it. Great to see these artists choosing to go red.
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 08:59 PM   #13
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker
 
Andrew NDB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Auburn, WA
Posts: 34,412
Given the high level of detail and time likely involved in making that piece, it's likely it was begun before the sudden switching of gears to the rainbow. Though it's possible the artist just plain wanted them red... Bobby has affirmed that alternate cover artists are free to color them how they like.

Either way, makes for a wall-worthy poster piece. I would buy it right now.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 09:16 PM   #14
Samhain
Dare To Be Stupid!
 
Samhain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: 1313 Mockingbird Lane
Posts: 4,752
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Either way, makes for a wall-worthy poster piece. I would buy it right now.
Yes. IDW needs to get on that ASAP.
Samhain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 09:34 PM   #15
Donnie
Something from the Past
 
Donnie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: New York
Posts: 3,256
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Makes me immediately think of those old Konami TMNT video game covers/posters. Pretty cool.
Hell yeah, I was thinking that too. Love it!
Donnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 09:41 PM   #16
Machias Banshee
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 17,163
I like this Very much... Leo's expression IS good, but the proportions of the turtles is very good - they're muscular, but they're not steroidal like some pics I've seen.

The cover art really improves with every issue. Tyler's definitely a good addition to the artistic arsenal...
Machias Banshee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 04:34 AM   #17
Eiko
Aussie and Proud
 
Eiko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Foot HQ Australia
Posts: 1,816
Very nice.
__________________
Eiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 10:40 AM   #18
pannoni1
Foot Elite
 
pannoni1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: USA
Posts: 3,447
Very classic in appearance. Leo as the leader, Mikey in the back following them, the sewer design, and of course the bandanas definitely would make a great poster. The way those bandana tails are placed however could be mistaken for hair! And who knows as this could be the issue where Shredder strikes as #10 on the first series had Shredder on the cover and the tenth episode of the 4kids series had the first appearance of Shredder!
__________________
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/sho...d.php?t=37065- MY WANT LIST

TMNT FAN CLUB LINK: http://sot.ag/gCjK/

30 years of Turtle Power!
pannoni1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 01:24 PM   #19
1984TMNT
Stone Warrior
 
1984TMNT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: San Francisco, CA
Posts: 566
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Makes me immediately think of those old Konami TMNT video game covers/posters. Pretty cool.
I thought the same thing.... However it seems to most resemble this poster for the 1990 movie, which I had and was always one of my favorite images of the non-OT Turtles



Speaking of which, has anyone come across this before? I just stumbled upon it and, man - it's impressive!
__________________
Try to rely on YOUR, Turtle Power!

1984TMNT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 02:29 PM   #20
Donnie
Something from the Past
 
Donnie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: New York
Posts: 3,256
1984, I thought the same thing...the art totally looks like that poster, I have it as well, always one of my favorite posters.

That bottom image is sick! Who did it?
Donnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:36 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.