The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-09-2012, 08:09 AM   #1
IveyAngelo
Hench Mutant
 
IveyAngelo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Warren, MI
Posts: 327
Talking IDW Interview : Valerio Schiti

Hey everyone,

Wanted to share this interview with the artist of IDW Mirco Series #3, Donatello. His name is Valerio Schiti, and was nice enough to do this interview.

Hope everyone enjoys!

http://www.cowabungacorner.com/revie...hiti-interview
__________________
IveyAngelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 08:26 AM   #2
ToTheNines
Col. Stinkmeaner
 
ToTheNines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 19,215
Very cool. Since he thinks so highly of the first two pages, I think I'll pass on the on-line preview and just read the whole thing once I get it.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 11:47 AM   #3
Powder
40 Years of TMNT
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNines View Post
Very cool. Since he thinks so highly of the first two pages, I think I'll pass on the on-line preview and just read the whole thing once I get it.
I always do, with the books feeling so short I can't afford to lose a few pages.
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 02:01 AM   #4
IveyAngelo
Hench Mutant
 
IveyAngelo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Warren, MI
Posts: 327
Talking

Heh I usually read when I get it, I agree with Powder, these comics feel so short as they are.
__________________
IveyAngelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 06:28 AM   #5
ToTheNines
Col. Stinkmeaner
 
ToTheNines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 19,215
I thought so with 1-4, but with #5 and #6 I thought they were just fine even with reading the online previews.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 05:14 PM   #6
Donnie
Something from the Past
 
Donnie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: New York
Posts: 3,256
This was a great interview! Valerio seems like a really cool guy who is a genuine fan of TMNT. You can tell from what he says here:

Quote:
CC: How did you come up with your character design for the Donatello issue?

Valerio: I mostly focused on his facial expressions. I really love characters with humor and personality and I think that Donatello is the most peculiar Ninja Turtle even more than Michelangelo. He’s not just a fighter, he’s also a science geek, he’s smart, sensible, funny, finicky… In this story Bryan Lynch and Tom Waltz did an amazing work on Don’s personality, he uses a wide range of emotions and that’s a great challenge for an artist!
He seems he really knows the characters, in my opinion. An insight probably not brought up by your casual fan - I guess this goes for all four Turtles, but both Donatello's & Michelangelo's personalities lend themselves to a lot of character dynamic & possibilities, in my opinion. I'm probably just bias, but tis how I feel.

I'm looking forward to this issue!
Donnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:55 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.