![]() |
|
|
#1 |
|
Col. Stinkmeaner
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 19,214
|
Usagi fan's view of TMNT?
TMNT fans will argue over pretty much every aspect of the franchise, but there's one thing I've never seen anyone dispute: Usagi's awesomeness.
We love his appearances in the Mirage comics, the OT, the 4kids show, the toyline, and the Battle Nexus video game. I've even dabbled in Usagi's own comics, and I know a few of you guys have a pretty big collection of Sakai's work. Anyways, I was wondering what people who are mainly fans of Usagi Yojimbo have thought about his appearances in TMNT over the years, and what do they think of Ninja Turtles as a whole. Anyone know a fan who'd like to comment? |
|
|
|
|
|
#2 |
|
Mad Scientist
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: loganville, ga
Posts: 1,362
|
I am TMNT fan first, but my predictions for this would be...
The OT turtles were annoying but made Usagi look great by comparison. The 4kids/Mirage and Usagi went well with the turtle and they played off each other very well. The game is going to be a "holy **** Usagi is in a video game!!!!!"
__________________
Creator of The Death Poppets |
|
|
|
|
|
#3 |
|
Col. Stinkmeaner
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 19,214
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#4 |
|
Space Knight
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Colorado
Posts: 3,637
|
Usagi had his own game back in the early '90's.
__________________
|
|
|
|
|
|
#5 |
|
無問題
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Moesko Island, WA
Posts: 14,348
|
Close; it was 1988.
__________________
|
|
|
|
|
|
#6 | |
|
Overlord
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Sweden
Posts: 10,480
|
Nice
Quote:
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#7 |
|
Rat-faced Dude-guy
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,296
|
Usagi sucks...
Nah, you're right. Miyamoto Usagi is freakin' awesome. Part of me wonders if it's because it's been Stan almost 100% over the entire run of Usagi Yojimbo. As to Usagi fans view of the Turtles...*shrugs* I'm a Turtle fan whop at least appreciates Usagi. I mean, i own 1 issue, and it's a TMNT crossover. I'd love to read more. Stan does a beautiful job creating this expansive world.
__________________
![]() "Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656 |
|
|
|
|
|
#8 |
|
Foot Elite
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: London, England
Posts: 4,068
|
It's interesting for me to think about it, because I started on TMNT first, but I'm arguably a bigger Usagi fan today than I am for the TMNT. Oh, don't get me wrong, TMNT has been and will always be a major portion of my comics world, but when things started to die down a little in the mid 90s for TMNT, that's when I reintroduced myself to Usagi, and it took off from there.
Although it wasn't the FW cartoon that first introduced me to the character of Usagi, it was the computer game, as already mentioned. Needless to say given I've owned a C64 since 1984, I do have a copy of it on both tape and disk. When I found a few issues in my local comic shop in the mid 90s, I decided to try it out and rather liked it. Things have... erm... spiralled from there, as evidently witnessed by the sheer amount of Usagi related materials I've accrued over the years. Part of that is due to Stan's openness, relation with his fans (I was one of those immortalised in DH issue #100 for example), and that the tag of "nicest man in comics" is very much correct. In answering the question... well, I haven't watched a lot of the cartoons in general, in any form. I have seen some of the 2k3 episodes with Usagi in, and I was pretty happy with the representation. It was enhanced by the fact they put Gen in as well, those two always play off each other brilliantly. And given Stan's love for the Turtles, then there wasn't any way I was going to turn down being able to buy this...
__________________
Lie with passion and be forever damned... |
|
|
|
|
|
#9 |
|
Hench Mutant
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: The Woodlands, Tx
Posts: 337
|
I'm a TMNT fan first, but I'll take any opportunity to chime in with my love of Usagi!!! I'd really like to get a collection of the series. I only have a few odd issues from over the years. It's all great though.
__________________
-Proud Member of the Turtle Whacks! |
|
|
|
![]() |
|
|