The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-26-2012, 05:36 PM   #1
Venom
Space Knight
 
Venom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Colorado
Posts: 3,637
Kevin and Peter's "Masterpiece"

The fabled graphic novel featuring the older Turtles.

Most of us know Peter used elements of the outline in Volume 4, but Kevin's "secret Turtle project" at IDw made me really think about something...

A few weeks ago on Peter's blog, he posted something profound that went largely unnoticed: he said he was open to a future collaboration with Kevin.

This made my speculation meter fly through the stratosphere because, for the first time since "City at War", it seemed like the Turtles could very well get their "masterpiece" from the two guys who created them.

Just wanted to open a dialogue and see what other folks thought about the matter, whether it's Kevin's project, the "masterpiece", or Kevin and Peter reuniting, etc.
__________________
Venom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 05:46 PM   #2
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,296
Hmm... could be. I'd be very happy if this happened. A real tour-de-force from both TMNT co-creators.
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 06:02 PM   #3
Venom
Space Knight
 
Venom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Colorado
Posts: 3,637
Well, the reason I felt it (for once) actually could someday become a reality is because for the first time since the Turtles' inception, Kevin and Peter actually have the chance to revisit the Turtles as two guys having fun.

No longer do either men have the stress of overseeing the property, nor do they have to worry about the money; they can approach the story however they wish to!
__________________
Venom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 06:03 PM   #4
Powder
40 Years of TMNT
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
All I know is, Pete said Kevin would have to contact him directly, out of his own desires rather than the fans. I'd love to see it happen.
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 07:15 PM   #5
Jephael
That whack job behind you
 
Jephael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Carlisle, Pennsylvania
Posts: 8,143
Yea, but watch Kevin say the same thing: "I'll only do it if he contacts me." As much as I'd love to see the two of them reconcile and collaborate again on a TMNT comic, I dunno if it's entirely feasible.
__________________
"I like it. Simple, but effective!"
Raphael; The Mean Machines - 1988

Jephael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 07:19 PM   #6
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,296
Quick, fans, do the old, send them each a letter to meet at some location from the other person...

It works in the movies.
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 07:25 PM   #7
twopinacoladas
Stone Warrior
 
twopinacoladas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 717
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
Quick, fans, do the old, send them each a letter to meet at some location from the other person...

It works in the movies.
lol someones gotta do it
twopinacoladas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 07:27 PM   #8
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,805
I'd rather Pete work on a Vol 4 conclusion than anything else.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 07:42 PM   #9
Oculus Orbus
Mad Scientist
 
Oculus Orbus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Spain
Posts: 1,535
I would love to see that, but I don't think it's too likely at the moment. I also remember reading that comment on PL's blog, and it really got me thinking. Thing is, Kevin seems really busy these days, and drawing comics takes loads of time. I dunno if he would commit to that right now.

Last edited by Oculus Orbus; 03-26-2012 at 08:07 PM.
Oculus Orbus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 07:44 PM   #10
Matches Malone
Stone Warrior
 
Matches Malone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: California
Posts: 954
While I think a reunion is quite possible (nostalgia is a powerful tool), I don't think the upcoming Kevin project is it. It's also been hinted that an IDW TMNT annual is coming in the summer, and I would think that the hints dropped regarding Kevin's project are regarding to the same thing. I would love to be wrong, though.
__________________
"Baxter, you slime puppy!"
Matches Malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 08:04 PM   #11
DrSpengler
Foot Elite
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 4,842
Well, honestly, I think TMNT (Vol. 1) #1-11 +micros qualifies as their "masterpiece"; that's some damn good reading.

But naturally, I'd love to see them reunite. However, their issues with one another are entirely personal and, well, nobody's business bu there's, which is why I never really comment on this sort of speculative talk.

If they wanna reconcile, they will. If they don't, they won't. It's not really anybody else's place to try and push them along.
DrSpengler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 11:50 AM   #12
Plasticplayhouse
the gray ghost
 
Plasticplayhouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: North East
Posts: 2,194
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
Hmm... could be. I'd be very happy if this happened. A real tour-de-force from both TMNT co-creators.
yes it would be. and with both of them having taken substancial breaks form the tmnt world and no longer having the burden of running the business, the only reason left for doing it would be for the enjoyment of the art. it could totally be their masterpiece. i could see it being a 3-7 issue body of work on a totally new arch that may tie up a few loose ends. ahhhh one can wish...
__________________
Want to see more of my custom figures?
http://plasticplayhouse.deviantart.com/
Plasticplayhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 12:55 PM   #13
Ninja_Shoe_Repair
Hench Mutant
 
Ninja_Shoe_Repair's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Sarasota, FL
Posts: 291
I'd like to hear Stephen's (Archon) thoughts on this since he's in close contact with Kevin. Maybe something you can hint at or share or even just pass along to Kevin from us?
Ninja_Shoe_Repair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 06:25 PM   #14
Powder
40 Years of TMNT
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
I'd hope for it to be a solo book. Kevin writing & drawing by himself.
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 08:49 PM   #15
Jephael
That whack job behind you
 
Jephael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Carlisle, Pennsylvania
Posts: 8,143
As much as I've liked their solo projects (Bodycount/Mirage Volume 4), I kinda hate seing Eastman and Laird do projects without each other. I wanna see them collaborate on something again!
__________________
"I like it. Simple, but effective!"
Raphael; The Mean Machines - 1988

Jephael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 10:53 PM   #16
Venom
Space Knight
 
Venom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Colorado
Posts: 3,637
I think I wasn't as clear as I felt I was in the first post:

The "Masterpiece" is what Kevin referred to his and Peter's "older Turtles" graphic novel in the Comics Journal interview. Pete has made mention over the years of utilizing aspects of the rough outline as story elements in Volume 4.

In no way at all was I suggesting that Kevin's TMNT project at IDW was a reunion project; just wanting to open a dialogue where we could share our views regarding such a project.
__________________
Venom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 02:15 AM   #17
Ninja_Shoe_Repair
Hench Mutant
 
Ninja_Shoe_Repair's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Sarasota, FL
Posts: 291
What is this about???

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u4M_u...layer_embedded
Ninja_Shoe_Repair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 02:49 AM   #18
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing
 
Candy Kappa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Vikingland
Posts: 14,596
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja_Shoe_Repair View Post
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/sho...hlight=odyssey
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 03:05 AM   #19
Ninja_Shoe_Repair
Hench Mutant
 
Ninja_Shoe_Repair's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Sarasota, FL
Posts: 291
wow, I'm late to the game on that one. Been working too much as I never even caught that original thread.
Ninja_Shoe_Repair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 03:22 AM   #20
Rise1184
Hench Mutant
 
Rise1184's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: The Great Valley
Posts: 260
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
All I know is, Pete said Kevin would have to contact him directly, out of his own desires rather than the fans. I'd love to see it happen.
I sure hope this happens as well!
__________________


"He's wrong.. We're NOT wearing costumes."
Rise1184 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:26 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.