The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

View Poll Results: What is the greatest episode of the 1980s-90s animated series?
Shreddered and Splintered 6 27.27%
Return of the Technodrome 3 13.64%
Enter the Rat King 1 4.55%
Casey Jones- Outlaw Hero 0 0%
Leatherhead, Terror of the Swamp 0 0%
The Big Blow Out 2 9.09%
Once Upon a Time Machine 1 4.55%
The Big Cufflink Caper 4 18.18%
Raphael Meets His Match 1 4.55%
My Brother, the Bad Guy 0 0%
Michelangelo Meets Mondo Gecko 1 4.55%
The Sword of Yurikawa 0 0%
The Legend of Koji 1 4.55%
Get Shredder! 2 9.09%
The Showdown 0 0%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-12-2012, 07:30 PM   #1
pannoni1
Foot Elite
 
pannoni1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: USA
Posts: 3,447
What is your favorite overall episode from the original TMNT cartoon?

For the past six months, I've arranged episode polls throughout the series. Now that I'm through, it's time for you to vote from the "greatest hits" that I've selected based upon the votes received for the best overall episode of the entire original series. I'm not going down quietly with my 1,000th post (and promotion to a Mad Scientist!) Still, there were special considerations to fit the choices down to the limit of 15, since there were more than 15 polls and a few that had ties with regards to the most votes in each poll.

Leatherhead vs. the Rat King was tied for best in its poll, but was omitted since it still leaves the initial Rat King and Leatherhead episodes.
There were 4 season 10 episodes tied at 2 votes, which is the lowest of all winning polls, so those were omitted.
Leonardo vs. Tempestra was omitted. Even though it tied with Raphael Meets his Match, the later is a VHS a-side classic and is more fondly remembered.
Shredder's Mom was omitted since Once Upon a Time Machine is a VHS classic and set the tone for Fast Forward in the 4kids series.
The Old Switcheroo was omitted since even though it tied with the Rat King episode in its poll, you can't deny how the Rat King was introduced to the world of TMNT for most, so I included it.

So dudes, time to cast the best Fred Wolf Turtles episode ever made!
__________________
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/sho...d.php?t=37065- MY WANT LIST

TMNT FAN CLUB LINK: http://sot.ag/gCjK/

30 years of Turtle Power!
pannoni1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 07:35 PM   #2
TurtleTitan97
Space Cowboy
 
TurtleTitan97's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Speed Force
Posts: 7,043
Mine's Shredder & Splintered.
__________________



TurtleTitan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 07:54 PM   #3
Killer Moth
Hench Mutant
 
Killer Moth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 384
Gun to my head, I'll pick "The Shredder Is Splintered" as my all-time favorite. High-quality animation, a time when both sides brought their A-game and offered a satisfying series finale (had the series not been picked up for additional seasons). As cited by many, it provided for many memorable moments that continue to impact the franchise to the present day.

Second would be "Return of the Technodrome" for being an epic season finale in overall tone (except with the animation). And I'll give "The Big Blow Out" as third place, where, weren't for Shredder's outrageous outrage, he actually would have won. Not to mention, it's one of the few episodes where the Technodrome itself really got to show off, so it shouldn't be ignored.

Why isn't "Enter: The Fly" listed? Given all the changes to the status quo and the rare time the series got to be serious without sacrificing its quirks, its omission is a tad surprising. (At least, to me, anyway.) But then, as the OP said, got to go where the hits are, right?

More to say, tomorrow, but those are my choices.
Killer Moth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 08:11 PM   #4
ToTheNines
Col. Stinkmeaner
 
ToTheNines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 19,220
My favorite episode of all time is easily Usagi Yojimbo. I voted for the Big Blow Out though.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 08:18 PM   #5
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master
 
MikeandRaph87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: JLA Satellite Headquarters
Posts: 11,188
Cool

1. "Night of The Rogues"-I love to see a lot of characters interacting especially villains with each other. I would have rather have seen General Tragg opposed to Tempestra who seemed out of place and Zack was just thrown in instead of Mondo or Usagi or the Punk Frogs. Great premise and loads of fun and a bit of dire threat that should have been explored again had the chance arose!
2. "Get Shredder"-People give james Avery, my favorite Shredder a bad rap, this one episode if anything proves he is not as pathetic as people say. I loved the feel of the episode and everything about it. I do feel that Shredder took the spotlight from Beserko who had ties to Krang and an interesting backstory that we should have gotten more of in another episode. We got that handheld game but he would have been better than generic Dregg!

These two episodes are my favorite TMNT anything!
__________________
Michelangelo: This looks like a job for the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles!
Raphael: Sheesh, Mikey this ain't a cartoon!
MikeandRaph87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 08:21 PM   #6
Lethal Lullaby
Foot Elite
 
Lethal Lullaby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 4,816
I liked Night of the Dark Turtle, but I chose the Bigg Cufflink Caper
Lethal Lullaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 08:25 PM   #7
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master
 
MikeandRaph87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: JLA Satellite Headquarters
Posts: 11,188
Where is the season 10 set choice? I don't agree with The Showdown over Split Second but the rest are all great choices!
__________________
Michelangelo: This looks like a job for the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles!
Raphael: Sheesh, Mikey this ain't a cartoon!
MikeandRaph87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 08:25 PM   #8
ToTheNines
Col. Stinkmeaner
 
ToTheNines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 19,220
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeandraph87 View Post
2. "Get Shredder"-People give james Avery, my favorite Shredder a bad rap, this one episode if anything proves he is not as pathetic as people say. I loved the feel of the episode and everything about it. I do feel that Shredder took the spotlight from Beserko who had ties to Krang and an interesting backstory that we should have gotten more of in another episode. We got that handheld game but he would have been better than generic Dregg!

These two episodes are my favorite TMNT anything!

James Avery wasn't in that one, was he?
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 08:27 PM   #9
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master
 
MikeandRaph87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: JLA Satellite Headquarters
Posts: 11,188
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNines View Post
James Avery wasn't in that one, was he?
I was referring to the character overall of the '87 cartoon that Avery did most of the voice work for. The voice actor of Shredder's last seven episodes was William E. Martin.
__________________
Michelangelo: This looks like a job for the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles!
Raphael: Sheesh, Mikey this ain't a cartoon!
MikeandRaph87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 09:37 PM   #10
DonatelloDomeHead31
Stone Warrior
 
DonatelloDomeHead31's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Helping Casey Jones fix the Pick-Up Truck
Posts: 878
I chose "Shreddered and Splintered" only because I'm afraid of that Retro-Mutagen-Thinga-mabob! (to quote Donatello)
__________________

Donatello: Pork rind.
Donatello: Yeah, a few inquiries.
Donatello: Turtles don't migrate, Raph. Birds do!
Donatello: Have you seen the way this guy drives?
Donatello: 0.00000003%!
Donatello: I don't know, but it doesn't look good...
DonatelloDomeHead31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 10:32 PM   #11
Powder
40 Years of TMNT
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaphDonZixx View Post
I chose the Bigg Cufflink Caper
Big high five to ya! Best episode ever.
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 10:43 PM   #12
TheCanadiandrome
Big, Bad & Bold
 
TheCanadiandrome's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Inside the Technodrome; Shredderville; Saskatchewan
Posts: 19,719
Return of the Technodrome although "The Big Trilogy" ties
__________________


Add me: PSN/XBL; Nintendo Network ID: BDS-3.1.6; Switch FC: SW-3378-5206-8020

TMNT Fan Club: http://sot.ag/4jZR0

Visit My Wish List:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=30904

My Collection:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=40276
TheCanadiandrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 01:32 PM   #13
Jephael
That whack job behind you
 
Jephael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Carlisle, Pennsylvania
Posts: 8,143
No offense, but I don't think a poll was a very good idea for this thread seeing as how there are over a hundred episodes to choose from! This list is basically just the author's top 15. Personally my favorite episode is "Raphael Drives Em Wild", but seeing as how that ep wasn't one of the choices I voted for "Michaelangelo Meets Mondo Gecko"
__________________
"I like it. Simple, but effective!"
Raphael; The Mean Machines - 1988

Jephael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 01:41 PM   #14
koenne
Stone Warrior
 
koenne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Belgium
Posts: 663
Mine is the 3 or 4 part episode from season 2 with the crystal , whats it called again ?
Cowabunga!
koenne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 01:47 PM   #15
Jephael
That whack job behind you
 
Jephael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Carlisle, Pennsylvania
Posts: 8,143
Oh yea the Eye of Sarnath saga. It starts with "The Incredible Shrinking Turtles"
__________________
"I like it. Simple, but effective!"
Raphael; The Mean Machines - 1988

Jephael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 01:51 PM   #16
koenne
Stone Warrior
 
koenne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Belgium
Posts: 663
Yeah , thats the one! Thx Jephael . I love those episodes .
Cowabunga!
koenne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 06:13 PM   #17
Type 97 Chi-ha
Mad Scientist
 
Type 97 Chi-ha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Brookfield, IL
Posts: 1,333
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jephael View Post
Oh yea the Eye of Sarnath saga. It starts with "The Incredible Shrinking Turtles"
That was my favorite set of episodes, though the ones starting with "The Big Blow Out" was a very close second, so I chose that episode. Plus, I loved that episode's ironic ending, Rocksteady and Bebop getting the energy packs while Shredder had been distracting the Turtles.
Type 97 Chi-ha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 06:34 PM   #18
oldmanwinters
Overlord
 
oldmanwinters's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Between yesterday and tomorrow!
Posts: 15,480
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
Big high five to ya! Best episode ever.
Gotta love Wally & the Beaver Cleaver!
__________________

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 03:39 AM   #19
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Sweden
Posts: 10,480
Mondo Gecko rocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jephael View Post
No offense, but I don't think a poll was a very good idea for this thread seeing as how there are over a hundred episodes to choose from! This list is basically just the author's top 15. Personally my favorite episode is "Raphael Drives Em Wild", but seeing as how that ep wasn't one of the choices I voted for "Michaelangelo Meets Mondo Gecko"
I love "Michaelangelo Meets Mondo Gecko". Mondo Gecko has two cool origins (Archie and his). And I love Mondo Gecko. He was a popular cool, skateboarding and rock music-liking dude who could appeal to kids.
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 03:47 AM   #20
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,296
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jephael View Post
No offense, but I don't think a poll was a very good idea for this thread seeing as how there are over a hundred episodes to choose from!
Actually I think these are the winners from the previous "Favorite Episode of Season X" threads, but I could be wrong...I often am.

EDIT: Nope...I'm right. He says as much in the 1st post.
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
episode poll


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:34 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.