The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-20-2012, 10:28 AM   #1
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,812
Would you like to see villains debut in the micros to speed up the narrative?

As we know the main series is taking a slow burn approach, where we're just now starting to see the likes of Shredder and the Foot, as well as the progression of the Krang/Baxter/Rock Soldier war.

As we've seen Alopex debut in Raph's micro, do you think future micros should debut the villains?

I gather if we wait until the main series gets there, its going to take forever to see Leatherhead or Rat King debut. Meanwhile if they debut in the micros, we get to see the other secondary villains/characters early while the main series focuses on Shredder/Krang.

It'd also be a homage to Mirage, as Rat King and Leatherhead debuted in Tales of the TMNT outside of the main volume.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 10:33 AM   #2
Jephael
That whack job behind you
 
Jephael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Carlisle, Pennsylvania
Posts: 8,143
That might be very interesting to see.
__________________
"I like it. Simple, but effective!"
Raphael; The Mean Machines - 1988

Jephael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 03:00 PM   #3
Princess Anri
Hench Mutant
 
Princess Anri's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 328
This would honestly be perfect.
__________________
Donnie: You're a claustrophobic!

Casey: You want a fist in the mouth? I've never even looked at another guy before.
Princess Anri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 04:08 PM   #4
nickn
Foot Soldier
 
nickn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Hartford, IL
Posts: 174
Bebop and Rocksteady, yes please.
nickn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 04:28 PM   #5
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master
 
MikeandRaph87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: JLA Satellite Headquarters
Posts: 11,188
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickn View Post
Bebop and Rocksteady, yes please.
There are two potential problems with that. First of all not everyone that gets the ongoing gets the one shot series. I am getting the oneshots in trade(already preordered) while getting the ongoing. So it might confuse some readers. Another problem with that is there are enough already in play. I would like to see the Baxter Stockman/Krang storyline played out first and there is Shredder's story as well. Old Hob is in play and we don't know Apolex's alligence just yet. The only ones that would make sense this early is Bebop and Rocksteady who were teased in Raphael's one shot. Anyone else should wait until #13 at the earliest. I would like to see Agent Bishop thrown into the mix with Krang and Baxter and perhaps General Blanque as the Nuetrinos dicator plus the empty cages BUT let's wait on all that! Bebop and Rocksteady yeah,but wait on the rest.
__________________
Michelangelo: This looks like a job for the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles!
Raphael: Sheesh, Mikey this ain't a cartoon!
MikeandRaph87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 05:31 PM   #6
Powder
40 Years of TMNT
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
Eh, it's not a bad idea by any means but I really like that they're being used to explore character traits & stuff. We need to establish our boys first.
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 05:36 PM   #7
Toby Barrett
Stone Warrior
 
Toby Barrett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 946
Only if they were as well done as the Raphael micro was. I'm still waiting for a return of Alopex!
Toby Barrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 10:48 PM   #8
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,812
Yeah the thing is the main volume is dominated by Shredder, Krang, Baxter and Old Hob and everyone associated with them. Getting to see the secondary villains will probably take some time.

If we get to see them in micros or one-shots, we can see them inbetween the main villains.

If the likes of Rat King, Leatherhead, Hun, Slash or whoever are going to appear, I'd rather it happen inbetween the major arcs.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 01:51 AM   #9
Mr Null
Thug
 
Mr Null's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 63
I would love to see this happen. I can think of 10 off the top of my head I'd love to see.

Top 5:
Shredder
Krang
Mr Null (bring him to IDW please!!)
Rat King
Leatherhead
Mr Null is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 01:54 AM   #10
Mr Null
Thug
 
Mr Null's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
If the likes of Rat King, Leatherhead, Hun, Slash or whoever are going to appear, I'd rather it happen inbetween the major arcs.
Forgot about Slash! Put me down for him too!
Mr Null is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 07:09 AM   #11
Jephael
That whack job behind you
 
Jephael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Carlisle, Pennsylvania
Posts: 8,143
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
We need to establish our boys first.
I thought they were already established. How could they be established any further?
__________________
"I like it. Simple, but effective!"
Raphael; The Mean Machines - 1988

Jephael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 05:52 PM   #12
Weapons@theready
Hench Mutant
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 377
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jephael View Post
I thought they were already established. How could they be established any further?
we could find out they're aliens
Weapons@theready is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:56 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.